Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

is time buff soma gorgon weps.

xmegarockx

vor 13 Minuten schrieb xmegarockx:

soma and soma prime feel like trash need buff asap and all gorgon variants need buff too o love gorgon series need some love pronto.

I would say... the complete gunplay needs a buff in comparison to melee.

But we know... DE doesnt buff...

Buff needs to most of the secondaries and primaries equal in base damage or ulitiy part and with scaling. Meele feels strong now but there was a time when it was weak now the meele is strong and the guns feels weak except few which works well. The game also not honors if you try to kill elegant or using weakspots like headshot and aiming. Some weapons have bad ammo economy also some weapon with bad elemental types feels weak. The basic IPS damage types could be equal in usability but the devs does not figured out yet what and how to do to make the damage types unique and usable. Nerfing meele would not solve the problem because if you brings down everything into the weakest levels that still not make the already weak weapons useful just makes the complete arsenal garbage and limits vastly the options to choose from.

Meele needs some fluidity in the combo department so less E pressing will be there if the combos not clunky.

In other hand secondaries and primaries needs their "stance" what you can call for example focus and with that you can specifiy what type of weapon you want to make from your said secondary/primary. Some damage adjustment needs and need to racionalize the weapon types like why an akzani eats lot of ammo when the ammo capacity is low, hih fire rate and abysmal damage can be dealt. Same with primaries which focuses on a type of damage but inefficient in the other parts or just too slow / less rewarding. You can feel a difference if you use a latron or tiberon which is a direct upgrade which 10 times better than the latron.

Soma family is nice but it needs some extra damage, adding more available ammo capacity and maybe a little more status but the rest seems okay since it is a crit based weapon. Assault rifles overall needs some boost, sniper and hunting rifles aswell, shotties mostly fair but they are high damage close combat non meele weapons so these must be strong on short range. Special weapons with few exceptions are weak after a certain level. Most weapons still can do the starchart and steel path just right but there is a lot of weapons which struggle in lower levels or just no reason to use because of their drawbacks are higher than the reward part.

We will see soon what DE will do because the stats tells them clearly what is the problem but a problem can be seen differently and it makes different solutions and a lot of em are not mainly fun for the player side.

32 minutes ago, Omega-ZX said:

But we know... DE doesnt buff...

hillary clinton no GIF

Gunplay does not need a buff... Melee, if anything, needs toned down a bit. 

Warframe is brandead easy at this point. 

Also, to TC. This is the warframe section...

I've come to accept the fact that we'll never reach that perfect middle ground where the majority of weapons can actually function properly. I'm surprised that Melee weapons have become so universal in their utility, but that probably won't last long given the current reception from some of the community. I remember that Rivens were supposed to bring less powerful weapons up to par, but the current Riven check system is such a mess that it's utterly pointless to rely on them. I don't even know what the solution is at this point, but if it involves any RNG, I'm out. Can't stand Valence Transfer as a mechanic in the first place.

8 hours ago, Leqesai said:

hillary clinton no GIF

Warframe is brandead easy at this point. 

Also, to TC. This is the warframe section...

So making us overall more weak is going to somehow increase the appeal of guns?

Melees already been made weaker overall than what we had pre 3.0. And here we all are talking about how guns need to be brought closer to their level. So clearly nerfing melee did nothing, and doing it again will continue to do nothing.

15 hours ago, BiancaRoughfin said:

"Oh! Guns are weak!" Meanwile, me in Steel Path with the Ferrox:

Well, yes, but you're not actually shooting things with it in that pic. Jus' saying. 😆

A couple of years ago, getting the benefit of Combo-Counter Mods like Blood Rush and of Stances (forced Status and damage multipliers on specific Combo hits) meant forsaking your ranged weapons by equipping melee.

Back then, opting to use your firearms meant limiting melee to Quick Attacks -- which were, I feel, pretty well-balanced against firearms of a similar tier. In 2018, there was never a strong reason for me to hit something with my Twin Basolk when I could shoot it with my Stubba, or vice versa.

My guess is that during the melee rework, the devs were focused on reining in the upper end of melee's effectiveness. They buffed melee in general so the nerfs to BR, CO, and MS wouldn't bite so hard. But it's created a basic imbalance which wasn't there before.

Really, the only difference between...

16 hours ago, Leqesai said:

...and...

17 hours ago, Omega-ZX said:

...is the number above the enemy's head. Which is sort of arbitrary.

When fully-built, virtually all our guns are overkill for the Star Chart, some need boosting with Abilities if you want to take them into Kuva Floods and Sortie 3. More than half are kinda poopy in Steel Path without boosting.

Worth noting that the boosting available mainly affects melee too, so it doesn't solve the issue that (at "higher levels") if the average player gives their Dual Keres a rest for a moment to pull the trigger on their Supra Vandal, the results are liable to make them wonder why they bothered.

Buffing guns' base stats just increases our options at higher levels. High-level enemies already aren't what they were by a long chalk anyway. Enemy eHP at low levels should then be adjusted upwards, so they don't look too pathetic to new starters -- but the current strength of melee already makes that a concern.

17 hours ago, xmegarockx said:

all gorgon variants need buff

IDK about Soma, never got into them. Prisma Gorgon is not too shabby provided you have a plan for dealing with the reload. 😅

Neither are top-tier anymore, but that's the unstoppable march of powercreep, innit?

I agree they need a buff since rivens and the top 20% of all weapons make the remaining 80% of weapons seem good when they're actually not. although I'll say that abilities are in an even worse situation than this.

also I wonder how long this post is gonna stay in the frame section instead of the weapon section, it's already been a full day since op created it.

Archived