Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Jackets...

BiancaRoughfin

Greetings fellow Tennos!

So, the long awaited Zephyr Deluxe finally came out and as usual the looks on paper are quite different from those in-game.

One of the main details on both the Zephyr Skin and Operator suit that im pretty sure is getting some players disappointed are those jackets which especielly on Zephyr looks awkward on her back.

I know [DE] will be for the next few days busy dealing with bug fixes but hopefully when they have the time they can adress the Jacket issue. I was hoping maybe the Jackets could be separated from the Skin and Operator suit, making the one for the Skin an Auxiliar attachment like Hydroid's Deluxe had its jacket separate and for the Operator make it an Apparel attachment that players can opt to use or not.

I think it's not that it's glued, but rather that it's so oversized while lacking extensive physics (IMO extensive physics in clothing in games is rarely worth the effort, it mostly just causes amusing behaviour when the physics go crazy). It's not that they're glued on them, they look like objects locked around them by an invisible force.

IMO the ideal situation with the jacket and similar jackets would be for it to just be tightly around the body, ie in this case the jacket on the Operator should cling tight to the ribcage, no gap between the back and the jacket or under the arms and the jacket. Nice and tucked tight, it should also reduce clipping that the jacket has (I don't mind clipping, style should take precedence over clipping), elimate the jacket looking like a huge lean-to tent on your back in the standard Operator amp stance, and would maximize the effect on outline that a tight-fit racing jacket like that should have (a little crop to raise it above the waistline would also be great). The collar should obviously stay as it is. I love the look of the Harrier set, so it's a pity that the jacket is so awkwardly realized.

Even better would be if we had a set of options for operator cosmetics (and otherwise) involving jackets and the such. Ie, toggle for using the old bodysuit type look that earlier cosmetics had instead of the current one they have, or a toggle for having Harrier jacket as it is now and have it snapped tight on the Operator.

On 2021-03-20 at 8:50 PM, vaarnaaarne said:

I think it's not that it's glued, but rather that it's so oversized while lacking extensive physics (IMO extensive physics in clothing in games is rarely worth the effort, it mostly just causes amusing behaviour when the physics go crazy). It's not that they're glued on them, they look like objects locked around them by an invisible force.

IMO the ideal situation with the jacket and similar jackets would be for it to just be tightly around the body, ie in this case the jacket on the Operator should cling tight to the ribcage, no gap between the back and the jacket or under the arms and the jacket. Nice and tucked tight, it should also reduce clipping that the jacket has (I don't mind clipping, style should take precedence over clipping), elimate the jacket looking like a huge lean-to tent on your back in the standard Operator amp stance, and would maximize the effect on outline that a tight-fit racing jacket like that should have (a little crop to raise it above the waistline would also be great). The collar should obviously stay as it is. I love the look of the Harrier set, so it's a pity that the jacket is so awkwardly realized.

Even better would be if we had a set of options for operator cosmetics (and otherwise) involving jackets and the such. Ie, toggle for using the old bodysuit type look that earlier cosmetics had instead of the current one they have, or a toggle for having Harrier jacket as it is now and have it snapped tight on the Operator.

Yea the lack of physics and stiffness gives it the "glued" effect I am referring to though you can interpret it as something different. The overall set is perfectly fine I wouldnt change anything about the way its set so for me toggles would be useless. They just need to drop the jacket for zephyr's back and make it less stiff, smaller and tighter from the back for the operator. My only other complaint for this collection is that the acrilite ship skin is too small for such a epic design. It's like making an amazing looking heavy sword but making it the size of a dagger.

Glad I found like-minded people! The operator costume looks absolutely amazing and the first thing I thought seeing it "OMG, it's the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers!", but then I realized you can not remove this oversized jacket. 

And while the jacket is stylish in a way, it just does not have any physics... so my Unairu animation set, for instance, has the operators hands go through the jacket when he folds them on his chest. And that kinda ruins the "coolness" of the entire look.

• 2 weeks later...

The jacket just needs to be more tightly around the Operator. Vent Bopper vest and Kubrodon Ventkid jacket are great examples of how it could be done (though in case of the latter, not a fan of the floaty belt).

I think there's a pretty simple checklist to getting the jackets etc looking right, which is just can you look through it to see your arm and does it clip with the amp shooting animations (occasional clipping doesn't bother me, but serious clipping like the Harrier jacket has when firing and moving diagonally is kind of a bummer).

100% agree! The jacket doesn't make sense to me in the all futuristic look both Zephyr and the operator have. I've even seen some cool futuristic details on the back of my operator bellow the jacket, that would love it to be seen all the time, but ofc the jacket covers it  ¬ ¬

Archived