Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Solo Railjack Crew. How good is the AI?

(PSN)Iudex_Nemesis

Question

8 answers to this question

35 minutes ago, (PSN)Iudex_Nemesis said:

How good is the AI?

Next to worthless, but it works. What I mean is, all your crewmembers can do is either sit in a turret or repair/fight off boarders. But that's good enough for you to go and do the objectives while they shoot down fighters, and keep the Railjack afloat.

Liches are at best a distraction though, they deal very nearly 0 damage and can't perform any tasks. However, they do not regenerate HP, so you should really never use a Lich ever.

30 minutes ago, Xenotater said:

In my experience the gunner and defender AI is good (although the Gunner tends to shoot out crewship engines undesirably sometimes). Engineer seems fine. Typically I prefer to pilot myself so not sure how good that AI is.

I will add to that. Engineers will prioritize ship repairs over self-preservation, so in high-level missions they might go down during boarding because they extinguish fires instead of fighting off enemy crew. In general they are pretty good at keeping the ship in good shape and you will have to make an effort to get your ship destroyed. Pilots are okay at shooting but they ignore objectives and potential hazards. So, for example, when you're doing a mission with the ship-killer platform an AI pilot will most likely fly right under the laser to get shot at.

AI is good and oftentimes better than actual people. The gunners are super accurate if you have them at gunnery 5 (advised) and the engineer repairs the ship really quick. You don't need defenders since all crew will pitch in when boarded. So get your gunners at some decent defense and offense as well. My engineer is at repair 5, combat 4 and endurance 4. So he's good at his job. The gunners are all at 5 with some extra stats in combat and endurance.

The AI has a bit of trouble with Void Storms, specifically wen it is at level 5 and it starts to chunk away massively at health bars.

The pilot is not good since it will fly around randomly. You're better off piloting yourself and just parking the ship. If you have 2 good gunners then they can take care of almost anything that comes their way. So my setup is 2 gunners and 1 engineer.

The only thing your crew will not do is use the engineering part of your ship, I wish I could command the engineer to craft something. They do not fire at objectives and they do not use the artillery. Since you cannot command the crew the last one is probably for the best.

• Pilot -  Unknown
  • Gunner - Great
  • Defender - Great
  • Engineer = SUCKS

First off there is a massive bug with crew mates.   You customize them at a dry dock even assigning them ROLES.  But every time you start a mission from scratch all the crew are set to DEFENDER.   Which is super god damn annoying having to reset them.    (Less painful if you run stuff back to back).   

In my experience the Engineer is garbage at using the FORGE.  (Its super hard but im gonna start trusting the engineer to save the ship from death, and so far they have never failed...)   BUT.  My Engineer sometimes refill my artillery but sometimes goes AFK for long periods of time.....   They NEVER refill my energy 

The engineer AI needs some serious AI upgrades.   Priorities should be:

1. Stopping critical breachs
  2. Checking forge levels.  
    • Artillery < 3 = refill
    • Energy < 100% = refill
    • Omni < 50% = refill
    • Missiles < 50% = refill
  3. Deal with any minor breaches/hazards

Havent done any grineer missions with POI,  started doing corpus and then I jumped straight to void prox lol for new gear.    So  I havent got to test Pilot/Gunner capabalities Vs radiators.... 

One thing I would like to mention about engineering in general with new railjack.....  It is very difficult to depend on your engineer when you have no way of seeing what the resource levels are in the forge....  Like if the engineer runs out you will be screwed and not know it ??   I have no freaking clue how easily the forge is being supplied or not supplied with resources during battle.....   

When my engineer stopped doing their damn job and I went to go do things myself my forge was almost completely full of resources so im not sure its an issue,  but I dont like not knowing...    You get taught to trust your Engineer but have no way of knowing if they have the resources they need to do their job lol.   

Archived