Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Question regarding Railjack Ice Mines: in-mission or post?

(NSW)Smashbrolink

Question

According to the in-game market, the parts/BP for the new companion are found in ice mines in Neptune Proxima missions.

Where, specifically?

As end-mission rewards?

Or in the actual optional mines? [White objective marker]

Also, do I HAVE to enter & explore the ice mines mid-mission? Or can I still find the parts if I explore the ice mines after the main objective is cleared?

10 answers to this question

11 minutes ago, (NSW)Smashbrolink said:

Also, do I HAVE to enter & explore the ice mines mid-mission? Or can I still find the parts if I explore the ice mines after the main objective is cleared?

You need to open the cache at the end of the mine (white objective). This must be done before boarding the yellow objective ship and finishing the mission.

5 minutes ago, Levarius said:

Not sure about having to do it before completing the skirmish. I want to say that as long as you do it before you leave the map you should be fine. That's when it'll identify the item from the mine. 

No it identifies it before that. It is on completion of the main mission.

29 minutes ago, Levarius said:

So if you do the mines after the Corpus ship mission you don't get anything? 

Pretty sure you don't. What I can say with certainty is I get the part drop BEFORE I use navigation to start a new mission and given I complete it before the main objective, I would say you need to do it in that order.

40 minutes ago, Levarius said:

I just checked in-game and saved the mines for last. I identified a Lith C7 when I went back to the dojo. So I guess you can do it in whatever order you prefer. 

Yeah I did it in the wrong order the first time and had no issues on an exterminate mission.

16 hours ago, (NSW)Smashbrolink said:

Where, specifically?

As end-mission rewards?

As answered, it is the white mission marker (which you can see immediately after you reach level 5 in "Piloting"). It is also easy to identify the Ice Mine visually.

It seems (to me), that if you do it before completing the actual mission it is awarded and shows on mission conclusion (as a "graphical drop", usually the second one). If you complete the mission first, you'll only see it on the "mission summary" screen. You still get it.

Yes, you have to enter the mine, reach the map objective and "finalize it" (click/hack).

No, you don't have to do it mid-mission (se above). But if you are doing a new void storm mission, it makes good sense to do the extra objective first. This is because void fissures will spawn in the extra objective, giving you the chance to gather early reactants. I've never had a problem getting enough reactants, but some do (seem to have such a problem).

You get extra "mystery" bonus rewards from ALL objectives (with separate drop tables), so it might be a bit bewildering at end-of-mission, with all the rewards revealed and rolling in.

On 2021-04-20 at 8:59 AM, Graavarg said:

As answered, it is the white mission marker (which you can see immediately after you reach level 5 in "Piloting"). It is also easy to identify the Ice Mine visually.

It seems (to me), that if you do it before completing the actual mission it is awarded and shows on mission conclusion (as a "graphical drop", usually the second one). If you complete the mission first, you'll only see it on the "mission summary" screen. You still get it.

Yes, you have to enter the mine, reach the map objective and "finalize it" (click/hack).

No, you don't have to do it mid-mission (se above). But if you are doing a new void storm mission, it makes good sense to do the extra objective first. This is because void fissures will spawn in the extra objective, giving you the chance to gather early reactants. I've never had a problem getting enough reactants, but some do (seem to have such a problem).

You get extra "mystery" bonus rewards from ALL objectives (with separate drop tables), so it might be a bit bewildering at end-of-mission, with all the rewards revealed and rolling in.

Thanks to all, you and the marked comment especially.

I have no clue how void storms work; that'll be the next thing I research.

Thanks to everyone, again. I'll be much happier getting those ice mine rewards post-mission, when soloing.

Archived