Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Nekros farming without orokin reactor and despoil

Neiluz

Question

Hi everyone,

I started play the game a few week ago, and I still have a lot to learn from it... As a new player I immediately thought "How can I farm a maximum or resources and credit at my current level?".

So I came up with this. I will really appreciate your opinion and improving tips.

Constrains :

• No Orokin reactor (since I prefers use them on other warframe for the moment)
  • Not a lot of format (it's an early game farming set I don't think I'll keep it later)
  • No DESPOIL (because i didn't unlocked it yet)
  • No special weapons (I just use random weapon I can buy to lvl up my mastery points)

Set

A robot with Vaccum maxed

Nekros - no orokin reactor - 1 format - Capacity : 0/37

image-2021-04-27-185548.png

I also equip Decay dragon key, so I lower my shield to 60 only

Applying :

• Choose a Survival mission on a planet with resources I want to farm
  • Activate Desecrate
  • Pack enemies, let them lower you hp
  • Kill them

When you are not at your maximum hp, even down of 10hp your warframe will collect life orb, and the hp bar will start restore, but not instantly. So if you have 6 orb around, and 10 hp down, you will collect all of them and get +300 hp & + 240 enegy (thank to equilibrium). When played well, Desecrate never deactivate, and I double my loots on every mobs.

9 answers to this question

12 minutes ago, zurefox said:

Rage is nice but continuity is better, why? skills with drain/second are affected by 2 things : duration and efficiency

Desecrate drains energy (or health with Despoil) for each corpse desecrated and has no cost to upkeep if there are no corpses around, which also means that duration actually has no effect on his Desecrate ability at all. This unique style of a channeled ability is also further showcased by not disabling Energizing Dash while it is active.

I don't really know what to say about your build, but considering the strong limitations you have, it's okay for now.

Do you really benefit much of Rage? With your Nekros as Health Orb machine and Equilibrium you shouldn't ever run out of energy, unless you get mag procced that is, but I can't really tell you about a better V polarity mod for Nekros that purely uses Desecrate, I'm using continuity for other (helminth) abilities on him so keep the polarity and don't override it with forma.

Also I personally don't like Physique, this super early in the game Energy Siphon might be a better pick, it is currently avaiable in the Nightwave store. (Not sure about Energy Siphon, there were no alternatives for most warframes when I started playing the game).

ok... this is better than nothing, but honestly this build is like an "uncomplete despoil build" and also without despoil.

If i may suggest, i say this:

Remove dragon key

On the "robot" use: Animal instinct mod (very useful and show enemies and farm on the map) this means fast to find enemies --> fast to kill --> more drop and if you are lucky some ayatan & secret space that is always good to know.

Phisique as aura: OK for now

remove: equilibrium and rage and add: continuity.

Other point maybe flow or some commodities (like sure footed) or natural talent (if u are in high level mission, spam 4 could save you also with a bad build)

This build will be really balanced, of course the "skill 3" shoud be always active and i really suggest to use your 4th skill for "bait" enemies

Hi, here some quick tips about your build

Sinse you dont have an orokin reactor ,Steel charge is a better option for aura (more capacity)

Overextended isn't good here because nekros range is really nice and you will need power strenght to  get more % in his 4(you will need 225+ strenght later to get more damage reduction with Shield of Shadow, but for now its ok)
Rage is nice but continuity is better, why? skills with drain/second are affected by 2 things : duration and efficiency

hace 1 hora, 16Bitman dijo:

Desecrate drains energy (or health with Despoil) for each corpse desecrated and has no cost to upkeep if there are no corpses around, which also means that duration actually has no effect on his Desecrate ability at all. This unique style of a channeled ability is also further showcased by not disabling Energizing Dash while it is active.

yes, you are right ,but i was not talking about Desecrete i was talking about Shadows Of The Dead, in my opinion both are the core of nekros and because adaptation is expensive (endo and credits) a build with both arguments in a "future" will be a better option even without adaptation for a new player..

Il y a 1 heure, 16Bitman a dit :

Do you really benefit much of Rage? With your Nekros as Health Orb machine and Equilibrium you shouldn't ever run out of energy, unless you get mag procced that is, but I can't really tell you about a better V polarity mod for Nekros that purely uses Desecrate, I'm using continuity for other (helminth) abilities on him so keep the polarity and don't override it with forma.

Indeed, I dont have any mod yet with this polarity that can suit well. I sometimes use ContinuityIntensity or Blind rage, on DPS or defensive/utility build, but that not the subject here.

I don't really know if its really useful, I can either remove it and put more point in Equilibrium, or remove it, remove 4 Equilibrium points and add Reach. I'll try to play without it to see if i run out or mana.

Il y a 1 heure, 16Bitman a dit :

Also I personally don't like Physique, this super early in the game Energy Siphon might be a better pick, it is currently avaiable in the Nightwave store. (Not sure about Energy Siphon, there were no alternatives for most warframes when I started playing the game).

I was originally hesitating between Physique and rejuvenation.  Energy Siphon, is in sell for the 1rst time since I use night wave, and it seem like a stronger option.

I took a look at your profile. Honestly if I were in your position I would forget Nekros till I had Despoil because you're not going to be capable of staying in Survivals a long time to farm loot. I would instead mod your limbo for max range and efficiency, put my efforts into getting a Smeeta Kavat and then hit up missions while double pressing my 4 to firstly nuke the surrounding area(Overextended and Stretch mods) and then the 2nd press pulls me back out of the rift to pick up all the loot that drops with vacuum while simply walking through the mission. You'll end up with a lot more loot than simply running a Nekros. Nekros only becomes a great farming frame if you do specific farming nodes in a group, killing hundreds of enemies for an hour or so.

hmm, assuming you are going pub or solo?

This is just my opinion but i think you are better off with some other frame that gives you a faster kill rate than nekros.

nekros is good, but he isn't suited for dealing with large groups of enemies (without supporting weapons)

Nekros farming strategy becomes effective when you are already killing enemies as fast as you can and you want to increase drop chances further.

eg:

you kill with nekros 10 enemies in 10 seconds. so thats 15 potential drops in 10 seconds (due to desecrate).

you kill with *some other frame* 10 enemies in 5 seconds, so thats 20 potential drops in 10 seconds.

if you are just running regular missions (not dedicated recruited farms like survivals) you are honestly better off with cache opening frames like limbo/xaku that will net you more loot per mission.

as to your current build ... i am not sure rage is helping much, equilibrium will give you more (cause of how the desecrate mechanics work) you also don't need overextend , but it wont hurt you either. Vitality is good , streamline is good, reducing  shields will not give you any advantage at this stage of your game (that's for later when you are in danger of One hit KOs).

Archived