Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Snow Globe and enemy slow: is it just rose-tinted glasses, or are enemies not being slowed as much as they're supposed to?

TARINunit9

Question

An old friend of mine came back from a long hiatus (he stopped playing when Octavia was released, and started playing again in March) and while he likes new Warframe in general, tonight he complained that Frost isn't as good as he remembered. After comparing builds we decided to actually test Frost out in an Excavation mission. And something very suspicious struck us both: enemies in the Snow Globe did not seem to be slowed NEARLY as much as they stats say they are.

Our stats screens say that the enemies should be slowed by 67% (in fact I think that 67% is unmoddable). But the enemies were not moving at one third speed. If anything they were moving at like... four fifths speed, almost as fast as outside the globe.

Now I know cold procs in general got nerfed back in Warframe Revisited (basically anything short of a full 10 proc stack is almost worthless). And I'm getting paranoid that some spaghetti code got tangled and that's making enemies in snow globes move faster than they're supposed to. Or, am I just crazy and remembering 67% as being way more dramatic than it actually is?

11 answers to this question

I start playing warframe way after octavia was introduced, and snow globe's slow always suck. It's basically worthless without the augment mod.

This is interesting, frost are rarely played, and those who do might only use snow globe builds with chilling globe like me. It's not impossible if something got missed.

We might need a veteran who remember how it was to play frost way back then, so they can confirm if the slow is any different now.

Frost is my second most played warframe and id say the slow has always been about the same.

I've been on a year hiatus or so but the last i remember was an issue where the region of slow was unmoddable regardless of range modding. This created an issue where if you went for MASSIVE domes to control the movement of infested you were missing large regions near the globes walls where the region of slow was absent.

I cannot recall if this was changed/fixed but last i used Frost a day or two ago the slow felt the same to me (using a non min/maxed sized globe) as it did in the past. 

Ever since the release of ice wave impedance augment ive been stacking the slows and turning enemies into essentially statues. AFAIK and IIRC those slows stack up to 97%

EDIT: i will add that after playing with equinox and now most recently sevagoth slows dont really become apparent until above the 70% threshold IMO. My sevagoth is at a 54% slow and id swear things dont seem to be slower. When using equinox with a slow based build its not obvious sub 60% and i think that this is mostly due to the nature of the game. Everything about warframe is FAST FAST FAST which in turn has made low grade slows appear ineffectual. My own perceptions of how fast i think the enemies should be moving is often incorrect when compared to how fast things are actually moving before a slow is applied.
Its probably just a 'me' problem, but after a year hiatus i did forget how fast paced this game was.

33 minutes ago, kyori said:

Snow Globe has no slowing enemy ability, except when the augment for it is used. But then the augment also just RNG some enemies(not all enemies) will be slowed 50% only. 

Globe has a 67% slow default, Chilling globe only has a 50% chance to freeze (100% slow) when an enemy enters the globe.

Looking at the mods and ingame UI as i write this.

1 hour ago, Tsoe said:

if i remember well frost snow globe wasnt even slowing ennemies at first

1 hour ago, kyori said:

Snow Globe has no slowing enemy ability, except when the augment for it is used. But then the augment also just RNG some enemies(not all enemies) will be slowed 50% only. 

From frost's wiki:

"Enemies that enter the globe will have their attack/movement speed reduced by 40% / 50% / 60% / 67%."

1 hour ago, Zhoyzu said:

Globe has a 67% slow default, Chilling globe only has a 50% chance to freeze (100% slow) when an enemy enters the globe.

Ah yes, too long never play this game. lol

Seems like I nerfed it. lol

9 hours ago, Zhoyzu said:

I've been on a year hiatus or so but the last i remember was an issue where the region of slow was unmoddable regardless of range modding. This created an issue where if you went for MASSIVE domes to control the movement of infested you were missing large regions near the globes walls where the region of slow was absent.

That actually sounds a lot like what was happening to us. And looking at the patch notes now, I don't think it was ever fixed

3 hours ago, TARINunit9 said:

That actually sounds a lot like what was happening to us. And looking at the patch notes now, I don't think it was ever fixed

id recommend a 100%+ range with ice wave, that slow is amazing.

30 minutes ago, Zhoyzu said:

id recommend a 100%+ range with ice wave, that slow is amazing.

It's funny, for years I played Frost as a frame I barely had to care about my mods. Now in the age of Steel Path, eight slots plus Exilus genuinely doesn't feel like enough any more: I actually too Ice Wave Impedance off to put Adaptation on. Now I gotta tweak my builds again

Archived