Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Limited-range repellance

(PSN)Raven-Ghosthawk

Question

11 answers to this question

I literally don't understand a single word you said... It's 1am and i don't have the brain capacity to re-read your post

What i can do is wish you the best of luck on your quest of finding out whatever that is

Good luck, tenno

1 hour ago, (PSN)Raven-Ghosthawk said:

What offensive channel abilities have minimal-to-no contact-repulsion with enemies, and an unmodded range of 29m-or-less?

It might help if you expanded on what exactly you are trying to do,
since yeah, on its own this request is somewhat confusing.

33 minutes ago, (PSN)Raven-Ghosthawk said:

Like Banshee's 4... I think the waves push enemies out on contact.

Sure, but that's like the only ability (that comes to mind) that does that and fits your previous, overly specific criteria lol.

So, you really don't need to worry about pushing enemies away, or exact (why unmodded?) ranges or anything.

Unmodded, range of Banshee's 4 is 20m, so if Cordon pulls from 30m out...

The unfortunate downside is that this immobilizes Banshee, so she best fits into this for stationary defense (IMO).

I also forgot to mention why channeling was the focus. I typically run Arcane Eruption (R5); a mobile channel like Mesa's augmented Peacewalker or Nekros' Desecrate would consume energy, which sets up for energy orbs to both refill energy and trigger Eruption.

Unmodded, range of Banshee's 4 is 20m, so if Cordon pulls from 30m out...

Sure, but why is unmodded range so important? Since, you know, you can adjust Range with Mods and all.

The unfortunate downside is that this immobilizes Banshee, so she best fits into this for stationary defense (IMO).

IMO, Banshee is best used as a mobile disruptor style Frame,
CC / debuff enemies with Silence / Sonar / Sonic Fracture, then go for the kill via weapons.

Focusing on her 4 means you're far from getting the best value out of her.

I also forgot to mention why channeling was the focus. I typically run Arcane Eruption (R5); a mobile channel like Mesa's augmented Peacewalker or Nekros' Desecrate would consume energy, which sets up for energy orbs to both refill energy and trigger Eruption.

TBH, this is providing yet more confusion on my end lol.

What's the point of combining a CC Arcane with abilities that CC / kill enemies that come too close?

(At least, I think that's the kind of ability you're looking for here?)

Also, Mesa already has Shooting Gallery, that's a great (ongoing & mobile) CC ability (I actually slapped that on my Nekros, heh).

And in any case, if you want to trigger on-Energy-Orb-pickup Arcanes, you could just use an ability, channeling just makes it more likely to waste Orbs.

Admittedly, I don't have much personal experience with using Austin Arcane Eruption, maybe Orb wasting isn't really an issue in practice,
maybe it does pair nicely with CC abilities to cover gaps and whatnot, or even make them unnecessary, gotta take mine for some test runs it seems,
because looking at the Wiki, apparently it's a 100% chance for a 30m mass knockdown with no LoS restriction or cooldown, that's ... well dang.  Nerf when?

I'm looking at unmodded range if possible to fit more onto the frame while keeping the ability's range under Cordon's.

On Mesa's Gallery, I'm looking at active damage for multi-tasking while doing other things, and ability to move to orbs. Activate the ability, Cordon pulls enemies in, the ability pushes enemies out while damaging -- back into Cordon, and repeat. The ability to move while the channel is active enables wandering over to orbs without deactivating the ability and trigger Eruption.

2 hours ago, (PSN)Raven-Ghosthawk said:

Activate the ability, Cordon pulls enemies in, the ability pushes enemies out while damaging -- back into Cordon, and repeat

Cordon has a 15s cooldown, so it's probably not going to "repeat" as often as you're hoping. 

If you're hoping to be a walking crowd-controller, maybe have a look at Hildryn. Her 4th ability can be a strong cc ability. 

Archived