Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Earning barely any Affinity on weapon(s)

Ne0nRunner

Question

New player here. This is just something odd I've noticed and I was wondering if anyone could explain why this is happening. I'm trying to max out a secondary weapon (Ballistica), but I'm barely earning any affinity on it. My Warframe and other weapons are maxed out and I'm getting dozens of kills per mission but I'm only earning around 2-300 affinity on my weapon (bonus included).

Does anyone know why this might be happening? Or is this just part of the grind?

9 answers to this question

Sharing affinity:

If someone else kills enemy:

Your Warframe gets 25% of affinity and the rest of it is spilt between your weapons.

If you kill with Warframe ability:

Your Warframe will receive 100% of affinity and weapons will get none.

If you kill with weapon:

Weapon which you have used will receive 50% of affinity and other 50% will go to your Warframe.

15 minutes ago, Ne0nRunner said:

I thought affinity was distributed across all items regardless of the weapon that lands the killing blow? Or do both apply? I'm mostly landing kills with my primary and melee.

No, only global affinity or affinity you gain from ally kills are shared. For instance if you play with team mates their kills affinity will be distributed among all your equipment. Also objective affinity is split among your equipment.

If you want to gain affinity solo with a weapon you need to use it. Then 50% goes to the weapon and 50% goes to the frame.

Check here: https://warframe.fandom.com/wiki/Affinity

As always the wiki is confusing as fuk, but read on, all information is there.

Are you using the weapon you want to level up? Are you perhaps using abilities that kill instead of the weapon (like Mirage clones for instance)?

You need to actively use a weapon to level it up. You also need to make sure the weapon you wield gets the kill. If your frame takes the kill with an ability then all affinity goes to the frame.

2 minutes ago, RazerXPrime said:

Are you using the weapon you want to level up? Are you perhaps using abilities that kill instead of the weapon (like Mirage clones for instance)?

You need to actively use a weapon to level it up. You also need to make sure the weapon you wield gets the kill. If your frame takes the kill with an ability then all affinity goes to the frame.

I thought affinity was distributed across all items regardless of the weapon that lands the killing blow? Or do both apply? I'm mostly landing kills with my primary and melee.

18 minutes ago, RazerXPrime said:

No, only global affinity or affinity you gain from ally kills are shared. For instance if you play with team mates their kills affinity will be distributed among all your equipment. Also objective affinity is split among your equipment.

If you want to gain affinity solo with a weapon you need to use it. Then 50% goes to the weapon and 50% goes to the frame.

Ohhh ok, I see. I had it all mixed up. Thank you!

Le 21/06/2021 à 08:40, Ne0nRunner a dit :

It was the case if I m not wrong.

I think it was, on weapons kill, 50% go to your warframe and 50% were split between your weapons.

as far as I know unequipping weapons you don't need to level will increase the affinity the remaining weapons gain!

also get a smeeta kavat for its temporary affinity boosting ability.

also do sanctuary onslaught to level weapons as soon as its unlocked!

19 hours ago, (PSN)FromOtherSpace said:

I think it was, on weapons kill, 50% go to your warframe and 50% were split between your weapons.

Nope. Only the weapon used to kill gets Affinity, the rest get exactly zero.

16 hours ago, _Anise_ said:

as far as I know unequipping weapons you don't need to level will increase the affinity the remaining weapons gain!

Only from "outside" Affinity sources, like ally kills or completing objectives.

23 hours ago, _Anise_ said:

also do sanctuary onslaught to level weapons as soon as its unlocked!

This.

Elite Sanctuary Onslaught, in particular, levels weapons so fast you can just churn through everything you've got the blueprints and materials for.

Railjack can also help bump some weapons the last couple levels to 30. Even soloing with AI crew levels up your gear a bit. And some of these missions are very quick, yielding high ratios of rewards to time spent.

Archived