Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Kuva Bramma should be silent.

DownPartsXerif

Disclaimer, i have no clue on how to post on a forum.

The problem is quite obvious, the Kuva Bramma should be a silent weapon, It's a Bow the firing of the Bow does not make noise, the explosion does. Why do I care? Well my fav warframe is Ivara and if i wana be a sneaky bombster I can't (I can but i shouldn't be forced to use a mod for those of you already typing the word "actually") The thing is, Stealth is broken when the Bramma is fired, even tho it's a bow, no other bows make noise, I have no Idea why it wasn't made a rifle if it was made to be noisy, It would make way more sense for it to be noiseless, adding ThunderBolt mod to bows still keeps them silent, why is the bramma any different. Please if you have any idea why this is like this without going the realistic route that asian giant bows made alot of sound , realism isn't really something that is there in this game, i'm more worried about consistency.

Ty for reading and happy hunting.

If anything Thunderbolt should make bows non-silent. Of course Bramma makes noise. It might make sense that the bow itself doesn't make noise but the explosion making noise absolutely needs to happen. I don't think they can make the weapon silent but the explosion loud, so the whole thing just needs to be categorized as loud. 

1 minute ago, Leqesai said:

If anything Thunderbolt should make bows non-silent. Of course Bramma makes noise. It might make sense that the bow itself doesn't make noise but the explosion making noise absolutely needs to happen. I don't think they can make the weapon silent but the explosion loud, so the whole thing just needs to be categorized as loud. 

First , Ty for the Reply, maybe I didn't make my self clear, I don't mind the explosion making noise, and enemies reacting to however they react to explosions, I just want it to not break stealth, the thing about the Bow is that it breaks stealth when it fires not when it explodes, you can be back in stealth mode by the time it explodes if you angle it for it.
I just want consistency, and it's not like its gonna make Ivara overpowered, i just want a bit more sugar in my tea, is that so wrong?

As far as I know, only silent weapons keep stealth active... Not the ones categorized as "silent", but the ones that have 0 noise when concerning enemy detection... If the entire weapon is breaking stealth, then its not intended for stealth.

In fact, I remember quite well that one of the updates actually fixed the weapon's synergy behavior to be what it is right now... So, speaking of consistency, there is one and its consistently inline with all loud weapons (I'm under the impression that Lenz is also categorized as "loud")...

10 minutes ago, DownPartsXerif said:

it's not like its gonna make Ivara overpowered

And that's where you're wrong. That's exactly the reason why Bramma was fixed to the current anti-synergy behavior.

30 minutes ago, DownPartsXerif said:

no other bows make noise [...] i'm more worried about consistency

The other explosive Bow that came before it also isn't silent.

It's perfectly consistent with the precedent set there.

32 minutes ago, DownPartsXerif said:

It's a Bow the firing of the Bow does not make noise, the explosion does.

You could argue that, being a Grineer weapon, maybe the designers didn't really care about how much noise it made to fire,
it could very well be the loudest Bow in history, with friction and stuff creating a hard to miss cacophony.

Lenz similarly has an excuse for the firing itself to be easily heard, it's really an energy launcher ... thing,
running off a battery pack and all, that just happens to look somewhat like a Bow for the lulz.

BTW, is anyone else reminded of the good ol'days when Ogris was silent? :D

I don't even know how this is an actual request. Of course the Kuva Bramma shouldn't be silent. And yes, it would ramp Ivara up way too much.

If you don't want to use the silencing mod then just break stealth because that's what an explosive weapon is going to do. Or use Loki with his silencing augment.

Archived