Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Update 30.5 Broke the Buzlok

Duality52

Update 30.5 caused the Buzlok to suffer a rather function breaking bug. When a beacon is attached to the target, any sequential shots from the Buzlok will simply pass through the target without damaging the target. Attacking enemies without a beacon attached will damage enemies as normal, but it will not deal as much damage without the beacon.

Can confirm, Buzlok beacon is broken. I think I have a different experience though. From what you guys are saying, the beacon is making the target invulnerable..?

For me, I think the Buzlok beacon is blocking any subsequent shots. Front on, the shots do nothing but move to the side a bit and it will hit the target.

I can also confirm that the Buzlok does nothing with a beacon attached. If you shoot and hit something before the rounds reach the distance to start homing, they will deal damage, but after they begin homing they do nothing.

I am also experiencing this problem. Unguided bullets appear to work just fine. However after placing a beacon, bullets will track and then.. Nothing. Doesn't even appear to throw out a '0' damage number, nothing happens after the bullet reaches the beacon.

2 hours ago, [DE]Momaw said:

We're aware of this issue and have a potential fix in line to be tested

Thanks! 

There are a couple of other Buzlok bugs I know of.  The more serious one is that the beacon is attaching to allied targets, which essentially ruins the weapon's gimmick.  Hopefully your potential fix  already solves that problem too, but if not it would be great to get it addressed.

On 2021-07-21 at 1:56 PM, Tiltskillet said:

Thanks! 

There are a couple of other Buzlok bugs I know of.  The more serious one is that the beacon is attaching to allied targets, which essentially ruins the weapon's gimmick.  Hopefully your potential fix  already solves that problem too, but if not it would be great to get it addressed.

Attaching to Allies isn't a new behavior. While it has limited uses I never considered it as a 'bug'

I've always just used it as a stopgap between current and Old Buzlok.

With Old Buzlok, when faced with a crowd of enemies one strategy was to tag a Wall behind them, then sweep back and fourth so the crit enhanced bullets pass through them on the way to the beacon without having to retarget as they die.

After the Buzlok was changed to disallow tagging Walls, I just started tagging Volt instead (he's usually way out in front past the mobs so works about the same).

I tested this just now. If I fire the homing dart at the enemy and attempt to shoot them, Buzlok simply cannot hurt them unless I am standing less than 10 meters from the target. This happens at all firing angles, even aiming directly at the target.

On 2021-07-26 at 2:16 PM, Pfysicyst said:

I tested this just now. If I fire the homing dart at the enemy and attempt to shoot them, Buzlok simply cannot hurt them unless I am standing less than 10 meters from the target. This happens at all firing angles, even aiming directly at the target.

They haven't fixed it yet, as far as I know warframe hasn't been updated since tennocon

On 2021-07-07 at 7:30 PM, Z1011 said:

Can confirm, Buzlok beacon is broken. I think I have a different experience though. From what you guys are saying, the beacon is making the target invulnerable..?

For me, I think the Buzlok beacon is blocking any subsequent shots. Front on, the shots do nothing but move to the side a bit and it will hit the target.

On 2021-07-26 at 11:16 AM, Pfysicyst said:

Beating a dead horse here. Z1011, I noticed the bullets travel in the complete opposite direction of the tagged target at times (even worse if aimed). Pfysicyst also spoke my mind on how you basically have to be kissing the enemy for tagged shots to hit. 

I'm glad to hear that the issue is at least being worked on. This gun seems like a promising alternative for eidolon hunts, but the current stats is kinda putting me in a sour mood :(

Archived