Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Can I get new stuffs (Tenet weapons etc) without RJ

quxier

Question

I got my RJ from the quest but I have problem finishing even single mission. I'm solo player (pc/connection problems so I can't play with team) and I hate this kind of gameplay so I don't want to bother with RJ.

Can I get new weapons and new pets without RJ (playing)? Or at least without finishing single RJ node (if RJ is some kind of taxi that doesn't require playing RJ - you play non-rj mission then I would be ok)? I could earn some plat but I couldn't see any option for it from Ergo (the guy that sells Tenet weapons).

9 answers to this question

You need Railjack for Tenet weapons and hounds.

Sisters and Liches retreat to Railjack mission for final confrontation after you get the 3 requiems correct.

The tenet melee weapons need Corrupted Holokeys which drop from Railjack Void Storms.

If you have to play solo due to connection issues, you could raise your command rank to get crew members from Ticker and get MK III Sigma gear from research in dry dock.

9 minutes ago, quxier said:

Can I get new weapons and new pets without RJ (playing)?

No. You have to have a set number of Intrinsics (5+) to have access to the mission. Even then, you also have to finish an RJ mission to kill the Sister/Lich.

You can research t3 Sigma parts in your dojo to help with finishing missions, get some crew together to keep RJ alive too. Alternatively get yourself Amesha and an Archgun of your choice, park RJ on the edje of the map and do everything in AW instead.

Also, iirc, you can join other people for lich stuff, so you probably don't need your own. Not a 100% on that, though, I play solo myself.

Which is a problem - I tried to help a player who needed a taxi to Saturn Proxima to defeat his lich - as he did not have a RJ at all. Couldn't do it at all.

so its crazy bad design that someone can spawn a lich, fight them in the starchart and then be absolutely restricted from killing it.

3 hours ago, gbjbaanb said:

Which is a problem - I tried to help a player who needed a taxi to Saturn Proxima to defeat his lich - as he did not have a RJ at all. Couldn't do it at all.

so its crazy bad design that someone can spawn a lich, fight them in the starchart and then be absolutely restricted from killing it.

Is it really? I'm quite certain the Lich/Sister will wait for the player to finish their Rj to get on with that final showdown.

Imo it's better this way. If you want, you can forget them there and noone is going to steal your rivens.. :p

7 hours ago, Infirito said:

You can research t3 Sigma parts in your dojo to help with finishing missions, get some crew together to keep RJ alive too.

To get those I need win some RJ missions so that has to wait. I have some free RJ stuffs but I cannot build things that increase my hp/speed. Only guns as fair I can see.

7 hours ago, Infirito said:

Alternatively get yourself Amesha and an Archgun of your choice, park RJ on the edje of the map and do everything in AW instead.

I have once done this somehow (shoot some baddies from rj, exit, do rest with amesha) but second time I couldn't do it. I have no map (bugged?) so I have no idea where to go. My RJ is very slow and I cannot "sprint" (I've reed that I need some stuffs upgraded). I could just move my RJ in opposite direction because enemies found me.

7 hours ago, NovusNova said:

You need Railjack for Tenet weapons and hounds.

So are there any plans for non-RJ versions?

Why would you rush, tho? This is a simple game progreasion; play the game, you'll get there.

Some games have way stricker requirements for the newest content like level caps, gear score check etc. which even the "end gamers" need to grind for weeks (maybe months) to get. 

We only have one easy quest: to build a Railjack.

And to kill your Lich/Sister, all you need is to own it, you don't even need to pilot (not to mention gearing it up) yours if you join other players.

Demanding to be able to rush something this simple is unreasonable. Wanting to have a cake and eating it too.

2 hours ago, (PSN)Luke_Zakalwe said:

Why would you rush, tho? This is a simple game progreasion; play the game, you'll get there.

Some games have way stricker requirements for the newest content like level caps, gear score check etc. which even the "end gamers" need to grind for weeks (maybe months) to get. 

We only have one easy quest: to build a Railjack.

And to kill your Lich/Sister, all you need is to own it, you don't even need to pilot (not to mention gearing it up) yours if you join other players.

Demanding to be able to rush something this simple is unreasonable. Wanting to have a cake and eating it too.

It's not about rushing. It's about being able to play. It's point of view of solo player that couldn't finish a single RJ mission.

When I've been writing this post I just got RJ (no crew or even resources for MK3 gear). It was super hard to beat even single level. After finishing one mission by luck I guess, I've gotten intrinsic needed for a crew. Now it's much easier.

23 minutes ago, quxier said:

It's not about rushing. It's about being able to play. It's point of view of solo player that couldn't finish a single RJ mission.

When I've been writing this post I just got RJ (no crew or even resources for MK3 gear). It was super hard to beat even single level. After finishing one mission by luck I guess, I've gotten intrinsic needed for a crew. Now it's much easier.

You can play the earth missions solo with the basic railjack. You get some resources and a crew going and then it's smooth sailing from there.

Railjack was way harder and had less resources as rewards before. I don't understand why people complain that it is impossible.

If anything you can tag along with another player to get some resources going and then spend them on buying some upgrades before going solo. But it's really not necessary.

Archived