Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Parazon mercies are inefficient because of delay from animation

(NSW)JigsJosh

One thing I'm noticing more and more about Parazon mercies is that they are very ineffective with lower level enemies because of their animation between the Parazon symbol appearing above their head, and being prompted/executing the mercy. Almost 100% of the time that delay means the enemies are dead before you can even execute a mercy, meaning that mercies can basically only be used on enemies that are well over level 100. It's unfortunate because that means players can't take advantage of Parazon mods like Blood for Energy as well as Arcanes activated by finishers (via mercy) on lower level enemies.

A mercy should be able to be executed instantly as soon as the Parazon symbol appears.

To make another point the actual mercy animation itself seems a bit long and tedious, and takes time away from the overall battle (where I could easily just blast my way through as quickly as possible), and thus disincentivizes using mercies.

With the changes that came with 30.5 to how impact procs affect the mercy threshold, I have been planning on creating a build or builds that take advantage of this to more easily eliminate enemies using the mercy mechanic and also take advantage of Parazon mods and finisher Arcanes. However, with the problems I've stated above a mercy build wouldn't even be usable except on Steel Path or high level enemies otherwise.

DE, could we make mercies more efficient?

5 minutes ago, (NSW)JigsJosh said:

DE, could we make mercies more efficient?

They can be more efficient.  I'm all for reducing the animation lengths, increasing the activation distance, and improving the Parazon buffs.  I'd genuinely enjoy this.  Especially if some of those improvements were extended to regular finishers.

But they won't ever actually be efficient without many enemies that are much tougher to kill with abilities and conventional weaponry.

Swift mercy helps a lot with making them feel more fluid. Absolute shame it doesn't work on thralls/hounds

unknown.png

aside from that the lag between when an enemy becomes parazonable and when the prompt actually appears is the most frustrating thing. You think you're going to execute a cool execution, dude behind you with a bramma nukes it before the prompt appears.

I really wish the parzon animations had priority over other animations and the ability to cancel them.

5 hours ago, Drasiel said:

Swift mercy helps a lot with making them feel more fluid. Absolute shame it doesn't work on thralls/hounds

To be honest, I really had no idea this mod even existed. I don't think I have one. I guess that kind of throws the whole speed up the mercy animation thing out the window because it would probably take away usage from this mod. 

DE, maybe make an exilus slot for Parazons and make Swift Mercy an exilus mod? I'd hate to have to remove any of the three mods I have on right now just for faster mercies. 

Ech. Efficient. That word stirs my insides when I see it on the Warframe forums.

It is definitely a problem though that enemies in some situations can’t be mercied. I can agree that mercies should be able to be executed the moment the icon appears (not sure if intentional or oversight, but I have been caught out and punished more than once when I rush up to an enemy expecting to mercy them, and I have to choose; wait for their “On Fire” or “Electrified” animation to finish, or get out of the way because I’m being shot up)

8 hours ago, (NSW)Greybones said:

Ech. Efficient. That word stirs my insides when I see it on the Warframe forums.

It is definitely a problem though that enemies in some situations can’t be mercied. I can agree that mercies should be able to be executed the moment the icon appears (not sure if intentional or oversight, but I have been caught out and punished more than once when I rush up to an enemy expecting to mercy them, and I have to choose; wait for their “On Fire” or “Electrified” animation to finish, or get out of the way because I’m being shot up)

I'd probably say it's an oversight because before this update you really couldn't effectively use parazons in multiplay outside of thralls so the vast majority of people didn't use them. The system has changed and they are way more accessible and usable and people are really trying and wanting to use them now, which gives a larger test bed, which finds more wrinkles to iron out. The only systems that don't get refined in warframe are ones that don't get used. Parazon is now being used.

4 minutes ago, Drasiel said:

I'd probably say it's an oversight because before this update you really couldn't effectively use parazons in multiplay outside of thralls so the vast majority of people didn't use them. The system has changed and they are way more accessible and usable and people are really trying and wanting to use them now, which gives a larger test bed, which finds more wrinkles to iron out. The only systems that don't get refined in warframe are ones that don't get used. Parazon is now being used.

Yeah. As someone who enjoyed using the Mercykill system before the changes, I made a post earlier in the Animation thread before the update dropped pointing out that Parazon might become more popular, and here are a list of times where an enemy is un-Mercyable (stun, animation locked, etc.), and some additional consideration given to the fact would be appreciated. Hopefully they‘ll tackle it at some point in time in the future

edit: Thinking about it, this is the sort of thing that makes me a little sad when people choose not to engage in systems because it’s not efficient enough 😕. If we had more players noticing these things like small oversights or bugs, at least they’d be pointed out for DE to consider working on (I doubt DE’d be happy that they’re in the game either).

On 2021-07-21 at 9:51 PM, DealerOfAbsolutes said:

Most players will avoid Mercy kills unless DE releases some marked by death level shenanigans....

download.png

That does look pretty cool.

But me? I just wanna mercy enemies left and right and watch the health and energy fly out of them haha. Death must fuel my channeled abilities foreverrrrrrr.

Archived