Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

If there ever was a Dark Sector sequel, would you buy it?

LockingSoul

Title.

I personally just finished Dark Sector on xbox, and it was pretty darn good overall, severely underrated in its time if you ask me.

So, if DE somehow gave Warframe a bit of a rest, and made a Dark Sector sequel, would you buy it?

I say yes.

hace 31 minutos, LillyRaccune dijo:

I didn't play #1, but I read the plot on the wiki. Looked fun. I'd buy the sequel if I also got Warframe cosmetics included with it :crylaugh:.

If it had good reviews (spoiler free), then I would probably buy it anyway.

Got some bad reviews back in the day because, well, it passed as another shooter in the era of the shooters. Rn i think its quite good. Reminds me of Re4

1 hour ago, LillyRaccune said:

I didn't play #1, but I read the plot on the wiki. Looked fun. I'd buy the sequel if I also got Warframe cosmetics included with it :crylaugh:.

If it had good reviews (spoiler free), then I would probably buy it anyway.

It's in Steam, about $10 IIRC.

I'll just rephrase my comment. If the sequel came out and included free cosmetics to use inside Warframe, I would definitely buy it. If the sequel did not include free warframe cosmetics, I might buy the sequel for the reason of having good reveiws.

If the sequel came out, I would not read the plot like I did for game #1.

56 minutes ago, LockingSoul said:

it passed as another shooter in the era of the shooters.

I read about game #1. It looks like a fun story. I'm not worried about reviews for #1 or what "kind of game" it is. I'm sure it's good.

5 minutes ago, MagPrime said:

It's in Steam, about $10 IIRC.

I might try it. If a sequel came out, I would likely get both games just to enjoy the whole story.

Well, there are some issues with a direct sequel. What we have now is about as close to that as we're going to get--and it can be looked at as a sequel if you hold your head just so and squint a bit. 

However, if DE wants to go all in on another hard core, single player, sci-fi RPG, hey, I'm in. 

Whether it's something in the Warframe universe or not is of no consequence. 

Since the number of franchises I will purchase new entries from sight unseen is fairly limited, it would really depend on what sort of game it was. If it was like the first game, a cover shooter with minor tweaks to the formula, it would probably not warrant a purchase unless it was extremely tightly designed. If it were more akin to a linear version of Warframe's gameplay with a more balanced sandbox, I'd buy it in a heartbeat.

That said, the matter is strictly hypothetical. One of the publisher's stipulations for the game being made at all was that they'd have ownership of the IP, so even if DE wanted to make a new Dark Sector the odds are not in their favour that they'd actually get the rights to do so.

14 hours ago, LillyRaccune said:

I read about game #1. It looks like a fun story. I'm not worried about reviews for #1 or what "kind of game" it is. I'm sure it's good.

I might try it. If a sequel came out, I would likely get both games just to enjoy the whole story.

It's a mid-2000s cover-based shooter with a handful of additional mechanics. While it's got a couple of interesting ideas like the timed use for most weapon pickups, and a few cool moments (One of the more memorable things is that the game is actually presented in monochrome until Hayden gets the infection that gives him the Glaive), it's ultimately most interesting from an academic perspective as a sort of "proto-Warframe".

Also, it's worth noting that a lot of story elements are apparently missing from the game itself due to the script rewrites that happened when the game was changed from space opera to a more "modern" setting.

On 2021-07-31 at 10:40 AM, LockingSoul said:

if DE somehow gave Warframe a bit of a rest,

I will buy anything if it give warframe a bit of rest.

Imagine a game that's been constantly milked for 8 whole years 24/7 every day, that's warframe. And people still wonders why warframe suck here and there... Even best musicians who've been doing it for that long have a suck song or two.

I remember when naughty dog hit their first peak with uncharted series. What they did was assign a new independent team to do whatever they want. That team gave birth to the last of us.

Also the reason why musicians do solo projects outside of their own bands.

Fai

hace 5 horas, Soy77 dijo:

I will buy anything if it give warframe a bit of rest.

Imagine a game that's been constantly milked for 8 whole years 24/7 every day, that's warframe. And people still wonders why warframe suck here and there... Even best musicians who've been doing it for that long have a suck song or two.

I remember when naughty dog hit their first peak with uncharted series. What they did was assign a new independent team to do whatever they want. That team gave birth to the last of us.

Also the reason why musicians do solo projects outside of their own bands.

Fair enough

• 3 months later...

A bit late bit I really want to see the game remastered. I think that would be awesome. As far as a sequel goes, I havent completed it yet so not entirely sure on the storyline, but as someone else said, despite them saying its non canon to it, I think Warframe is the best sequel we are going to get

Archived