Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

How DE ended Nightwave Screwed a lot of players, please make it right

Malikaith

Just by putting that Nightwave was ending ingame for just 2 days in the 'news' section(That is really just a spambox with things like "How to win a $4200 gaming PC!" and other stuff that can be passed by with no consequence), and not sending a ingame mail, I lost over 300 credits and my best friend lost something close to that.

I have no idea why it was not plainly visible about it ending, why was it not in the night-wave event radio thing itself, or and ingame mail? And for more then 2 days?

And for the love of god, why do you make the credits not work for the next one? That seems like a system that likes to screw people

Please make this right and bring back the shop for 3 or just make them worth in the next one,

I lost over 3 months worth of grinding, as did my friend, and this felt awful for us.

A 2 day ingame notice in the spambox news feed of all places is not in anyway sufficient for people who just play ingame

il y a 1 minute, Flannoit a dit :

They gave us more than just 2 days of warning. If you lost 3 months of credits, that's kind of your fault for hoarding them when the prizes don't get anything special and new after release.

Not for those of us who only play ingame, they failed to even pin it to the spambox news feed so it went away and they only made it visible again 2 days before it ended, screwing lots of players.

This was not a reasonable warning for those of us who only play ingame and dont follow external sources

1 minute ago, Malikaith said:

Not for those of us who only play ingame, they failed to even pin it to the spambox news feed so it went away and they only made it visible again 2 days before it ended, screwing lots of players.

This was not a reasonable warning for those of us who only play ingame and dont follow external sources

I also don't follow external sources :/

And again, probably shouldn't have hoarded 3 months of creds especially when they become worthless the moment NW ends.

14 minutes ago, Malikaith said:

A 2 day ingame notice in the spambox news feed of all places is not in anyway sufficient for people who just play ingame

Why not? People who don't look at external sources should know to check the news box every single day they play. It is perfectly reasonable to expect them to have seen the notice and known about it. Two days warning is plenty of time to spend the creds. I knew it was ending, but I forgot to spend my creds - this is entirely my own fault.

People are expected to check external sources, like the forums or TennoCon. There was plenty of notice given. Yes, they could have handled it better by pinning the notice in the news box, but that was not required.

11 minutes ago, Flannoit said:

They gave us more than just 2 days of warning. If you lost 3 months of credits, that's kind of your fault for hoarding them when the prizes don't get anything special and new after release.

Not really.

The shop incentivises holding onto your credits with the rotation system. Especially if you're out for cosmetics, it's better to hold onto them, in case one of the things you really want appears in some week.

This problem here is not new, either. It happened in previous Nightwaves, too. I've spent my credits so I'm not affected, but I've been saying it previously:

It's a S#&$ty way to treat a player and take away the progression of not just a few missions, but potentially weeks of gaming. Also, if they insist on making the credits worthless: how hard would it be to stop Nightwave challenges and simply keep the shop around until the next one starts?

From what I've seen, they didn't fix the ingame timer, either. It's basically just giving the players who don't pay attention to everything all the time the middle finger. Which is funny in a way, they like to paint themselves as casual-friendly.

à l’instant, Flannoit a dit :

I also don't follow external sources :/

And again, probably shouldn't have hoarded 3 months of creds especially when they become worthless the moment NW ends.

Good for you

I saved them because I would get a double points thing when I needed one or nitin when I needed it, and I thought that keeping them flexible was correct. I did not anticipate them screwing over ingame players like they did

My point with this thread is not to say that you got screwed or debate why I had the credits I did, it is to highlight how they gave an unreasonable amount of notice for ingame only players.

De should convert all past credits into the current ones, there is no reason to just screw people like they do

1 minute ago, Kontrollo said:

t's a S#&$ty way to treat a player and take away the progression of not just few games but potentially weeks of gaming. Also, if they insist on making the credits worthles: how hard would it be to stop Nightwave challenges and simply keep the shop around until the next one starts?

From what I've seen, they didn't fix the ingame timer, either. It's basically just giving the players who don't pay attention to everything all the time the middle finger. Which is funny in a way, they like to paint themselves as casual-friendly.

This is something I definitely agree with, a much more present (and functional) way of telling players when things are gonna end is better, and I do agree it'd have been better to make the NW shop available up til the next one starts would have been nice. More ways for players to have access to information is always good.

il y a 5 minutes, Kontrollo a dit :

Not really.

The shop incentivises holding onto your credits with the rotation system. Especially if you're out for cosmetics, it's better to hold onto them, in case one of the things you really want appears in some week.

This problem here is not new, either. It happened in previous Nightwaves, too. I've spent my credits so I'm not affected, but I've been saying it previously:

It's a S#&$ty way to treat a player and take away the progression of not just few games but potentially weeks of gaming. Also, if they insist on making the credits worthles: how hard would it be to stop Nightwave challenges and simply keep the shop around until the next one starts?

Well said, it's absolutely insane how they make them worthless...

This was my first Nightwave, and I got screwed big time. Loosing all those months of grind killed my soul

Ive started playing World of Warships because I cant bring myself to play Warframe again yet after they did this to me. Look at how World of warships does their events, a f2p ww2 ship sim can do this, why cant DE? https://imgur.com/a/aonoO0P

And why cant DE make this right
? Apologize and let us use our credits

there was a full week, and you clearly saw it. I dont think DE needs to do anything regarding the nightwave.

Its common knowledge that the credits reset. AND the fact that people had been maxed for some time with all the post nightwave extra credits you should have known something was going to change. 

Not reading the bullet points from the tennocon devstream is not DEs fault either. They did literally everything they needed to that wasnt holding your hand and tucking you in at night to inform the community that NW intermission was ending to start a new intermission.

26 minutes ago, Malikaith said:

Well said, it's absolutely insane how they make them worthless...

This was my first Nightwave, and I got screwed big time. Loosing all those months of grind killed my soul

Ive started playing World of Warships because I cant bring myself to play Warframe again yet after they did this to me. Look at how World of warships does their events, a f2p ww2 ship sim can do this, why cant DE? https://imgur.com/a/aonoO0P

And why cant DE make this right
? Apologize and let us use our credits

World of Warships is in a death spiral with how bad the devs are at communication as well as the blatant shady choices and practices and constantly alienating the player base.

1 hour ago, Malikaith said:

-snip-

1 hour ago, Malikaith said:

-snip-

A mod explicitly told posters from a related thread you were in to be constructive instead of inflammatory, and to stop raging and trying to change what's already happened. Maybe stay constructive like they said, and just say how you want their systems improved in the future. For example (not all ideas mine, some from said previous thread):

DE could at least allow past Nightwave season's credits to be converted for current nightwave credits (2:1 ratio? Better than nothing).
Or credits could be automatically converted into neat glyph-like stickers or actual 3D decorations.
Nora could send an ending-soon Inbox message warning to players that have unspent credits in the last month or few weeks before it ends, or to ensure they spend any credits they pick up moving forward.
The shop could last until the start of the next season, even if the ability to earn credits stops sooner.
DE could also sticky the announcement in the News panel unless/until acknowledged.
Nora could have voice-lines in the Nightwave menu reminding you of it's imminent closure.
There could be an explicit "Nightwave Ends in: X Days and Y Hours" in the Nightwave menus. "Credits Expiring" or "Store Closing" warnings in tandem with the above suggestion of the store remaining open until the next nightwave could be used to the same effect.

This isn't the first nightwave, they didn't do anything substantially different, and in fact by a lot of methods, probably publicized it's ending more aggressively than other times. Just because you didn't see it in the one or two ways you hoped/expected at the specific times you looked around doesn't mean you were wronged, guys. Don't kill yourself 100%ing as many credits as possible, just to hoard them and not spend them before the Nightwave ends.

8 minutes ago, Malikaith said:

As I said, it was clearly unacceptable notice, 2 days in the spambox news feed is not enough. 

this statement indicates you did infact see the notification with 2 days left.

2 minutes ago, Zhoyzu said:

there was a full week, and you clearly saw it. I dont think DE needs to do anything regarding the nightwave.

And? Even if players did perchance to see a notice that is burried off to the side of the UI that doesn't magically make deleting players accumulated points a good mechanic. 

Its common knowledge that the credits reset. AND the fact that people had been maxed for some time with all the post nightwave extra credits you should have known something was going to change. 

Is it? Seems like you're making assumptions about what the playerbase knows/is aware of, kinda dangerous. 

Not reading the bullet points from the tennocon devstream is not DEs fault either. They did literally everything they needed to that wasnt holding your hand and tucking you in at night to inform the community that NW intermission was ending to start a new intermission.

Fun fact, only a very small portion of a games overall playerbase will EVER interact with it's forums let alone any other external sources of information. 

So if DE want's to hold onto the whole nuking players effort then they sure as hecc better be ready to hold those players hands to make sure in no uncertain terms that they are aware of exactly what is going on.

Alternatively they could sidestep this whole scenario by simply honoring the pts that the players earned. At the end of the day the door prizes that are going to really motivate people aren't the shop offerings, it's going to be the reward track. So leaving the points intact is IMHO going to have little to no effect on engagement with Nightwave and you're not going to run into instances like this. 

8 minutes ago, Zhoyzu said:

World of Warships is in a death spiral with how bad the devs are at communication as well as the blatant shady choices and practices and constantly alienating the player base.

Aaaand? 

Admittedly I experienced one of IMO the worst handled events in the history of time in WoW and refuse to touch it with a 10ft pole. However I am still capable of entertaining the very real notion that even a stopped clock can be right twice a day. 

At the very least seems that some of DEs choices here are alienating some of the playerbase and might warrant some reflection. 

il y a 3 minutes, Oreades a dit :

And? Even if players did perchance to see a notice that is burried off to the side of the UI that doesn't magically make deleting players accumulated points a good mechanic. 

Is it? Seems like you're making assumptions about what the playerbase knows/is aware of, kinda dangerous. 

Fun fact, only a very small portion of a games overall playerbase will EVER interact with it's forums let alone any other external sources of information. 

So if DE want's to hold onto the whole nuking players effort then they sure as hecc better be ready to hold those players hands to make sure in no uncertain terms that they are aware of exactly what is going on.

Alternatively they could sidestep this whole scenario by simply honoring the pts that the players earned. At the end of the day the door prizes that are going to really motivate people aren't the shop offerings, it's going to be the reward track. So leaving the points intact is IMHO going to have little to no effect on engagement with Nightwave and you're not going to run into instances like this. 

Aaaand? 

Admittedly I experienced one of IMO the worst handled events in the history of time in WoW and refuse to touch it with a 10ft pole. However I am still capable of entertaining the very real notion that even a stopped clock can be right twice a day. 

At the very least seems that some of DEs choices here are alienating some of the playerbase and might warrant some reflection. 

Well said, ty!

10 minutes ago, Oreades said:

i wasnt contesting this. But im not gonna cry over losing 15 credits i couldnt spend either.

10 minutes ago, Oreades said:

The signs were there that the NW HAD to end at some point. when people who didnt miss a week had already hit the additional 60 levels should have been warning enough to spend your credits.

12 minutes ago, Oreades said:

Good thing it was in game for 10 days for everyone to see, as you log in, while being highlighted blue and flashing to indicate new information.

At the end of the day DE doesnt need to compensate people who didnt read or refused to observe the obvious.

29 minutes ago, Malikaith said:

I'll do you a favor. With how you where repeatedly lying and warping everything to the point where you had a sub 6th grade reading comprehensions, you behaved in a unique  manner that I have only seen in diagnosed sociopaths.

What favor are you doing by comparing me with sociopaths? It's the height of narcissism and a self-inflated ego to think you're doing people a favor by calling them poor readers or (similar to) sociopaths. How would me being a sociopath even have anything to do with the fact that you should listen to the forum moderators and stop endlessly, petulantly demanding credit refunds/conversions from the company that you're calling or implying is incompetent, insane, and lazy? They have other priorities like New War, they don't have time for petty complaints right now. Your best bet, as I've already done for everyone, is to post constructive feedback for future nightwaves. It'll hopefully go in a queue somewhere for them to review and hopefully apply to one of the near future's next Nightwave seasons. If they implement the conversion system, then you'll get your credits back. At least partially. At this point you're just making a fool of yourself, with multiple people writing you off as a hopeless case, meanwhile you're the only one calling other people in these threads unintelligent or diagnosing them with mental conditions. All the accusations of sociopathy from you just reek of projection, deflection, or misplaced anger, don't take your frustration out on other human beings :V

3 minutes ago, (PSN)Madurai-Prime said:

There's nothing to even buy that's 300 credits.....next time actually use them if you needed them so bad. 

I use my credits as soon as I have enough for whatever I need.

ikr? Aside from Catalysts/Reactors and Nihil's Oubliette, is there anything that's ever more than 50 credits? 50 or 100 credits (to humor Malikaith's insistence that you need to be prepared to buy 2 things) at most is what anyone should've lost. Should've burnt credits down to one of those levels, by buying evergreen rewards like Kuva or Potatoes. Hoarding more than 100 is ludicrous and silly, that amount can buy you a 40 credit item, a 30 credit item, and two 15 credit items. Or 2 35s and 2 15s. Etc.

Thread has failed to remain constructive and respectful.

The previous thread on this was not "deleted", it was locked for similar reasons seen in this thread.

Previous thread: https://forums.warframe.com/topic/1275328-de-you-never-made-it-clear-that-nightwave-intermission-was-ending/

Your first post in it: https://forums.warframe.com/topic/1275328-de-you-never-made-it-clear-that-nightwave-intermission-was-ending/?do=findComment&comment=12249345

Closing.

Archived