Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Mephisto Skin: Bug? Or mistake while designed?

(XBOX)PROPHET N3

So on the first two Revenant skins, vanilla and Draugen, the ethereal effect was on the left arm. But now on the Mephisto skin (really nice skin btw) the ethereal effect is on the right arm? Why do this? Was it intentional? Can it be changed? I know it's not a big deal but this visual "flaw" (IMO) messes up the aesthetic continuity of the character and makes the Warframe feel foreign, for no good reason that I can discern.

If someone from DE is reading this, please don't take it as slander. It's only an observation and possibly a call to action if this is something that can be remedied.

Just leave it where it is, what even is this ? "Aesthetic continuity" ? Really ?

It is a non cannon skin made only to look cool. I know you're saying it's not a big deal, and I'm not gonna die on this hill either, just a bit annoyed whenever someone brings up themes and lore consistency when talking about a delux.

Remember zephyr delux ? Yeah, let's let DE do whatever weird things they want with delux skins. That's my take.

I don't mean to sound like a snob when I say "aesthetic continuity", but if you've gotten the player base used to seeing it on the left arm, then for the love of God, keep it on the left arm.

It's kind of like being used to driving with the steering wheel on the left-side of the car only to wake up one morning and find your steering wheel on the right-side of the car. You would no-doubt still be able to drive and go on about your day, but why....? It wasn't necessary nor warranted.

Take Saryn's right thigh for example. In every single iteration of her skins the right thigh slightly differs from the left. Thicker and more gnarled above the knee. Why? Idk, I could speculate all day but that's irrelevant. Regardless, it's always been the same. Aesthetic continuity.

Or Octavia with her somachords. Every one of her skin iterations we see the same motif. 

I could continue, but the point I'm making is that most frames have a visual signature. Why fumble something as visually defining as that?

Hate it or love it, that just my two cents and hopefully someone at DE corrects it.

I actually like the effect being on the other arm. 
The energy is external on his other skins, flowing outward from him, But Mephisto has the energy flowing inward instead. So it not only only reversed the energy, but also the arm on which the energy flows. 

Never was a fan of his default skin and never played him past MR fodder. So I'm really quite happy with Mephisto, as it's gotten me to play with him a lot more and found i actually like his kit (Except the disco ball. That's still silly looking)

19 minutes ago, Reitrix said:

I actually like the effect being on the other arm. 
The energy is external on his other skins, flowing outward from him, But Mephisto has the energy flowing inward instead. So it not only only reversed the energy, but also the arm on which the energy flows. 

Never was a fan of his default skin and never played him past MR fodder. So I'm really quite happy with Mephisto, as it's gotten me to play with him a lot more and found i actually like his kit (Except the disco ball. That's still silly looking)

Interesting, I didn't look at it that way. While I understand and respect your view, I'm still triggered by lmao.

On 2021-09-10 at 1:29 AM, (PSN)Tactless_Ninja said:

I find it odd his cloak isn't in the auxiliary slot and counts as a syndana. He's weirdly naked without it. 

100% agree.

Especially since the syandana is not equippable on other warframes. It is very obviously an auxillary thing and I think it is strange that it counts as a syandana.

Archived