Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Projectile speed increases damage?

KnightCole

Question

So I was randomly talking to my bro about Warframe the other day and he was sayin I was dumb for putting ammo mut on my Tiberon Prime.  He said I should put projectile speed on it because it somehow increases damage.  I am left confused as hell how that works, if it works at all, and if hes not just smokin' something good.  I gotta wonder how projectile speed helps a hit scan weapon in any capacity.

6 answers to this question

not sure on tiberon, but weapon like plasmor or catchmoon has a function, the longer the distance the shot travels the damage gets reduced. also in such weapon the projectile distance is set so the shot will disappear after traveling certain distance. 

projectile speed, actually increases the shot travel distance as well. so my logic is that, such weapon don't actually rely on distance of shot but the time taken to travel. so with increase in projectile speed, the time taken to reach your enemies/target is reduced, making the weapon deal little bit extra damage. hope this makes sense to you.

8 minutes ago, Dauggie said:

not sure on tiberon, but weapon like plasmor or catchmoon has a function, the longer the distance the shot travels the damage gets reduced. also in such weapon the projectile distance is set so the shot will disappear after traveling certain distance. 

projectile speed, actually increases the shot travel distance as well. so my logic is that, such weapon don't actually rely on distance of shot but the time taken to travel. so with increase in projectile speed, the time taken to reach your enemies/target is reduced, making the weapon deal little bit extra damage. hope this makes sense to you.

Yeah, it makes sense on a weapon that has actual projectile travel time.  Its basically an improvement to the effective range and damage fall off of the gun.  It just doesnt make any sense how one could think its helping a weapon with hit scan, which is instant travel time.

Nope, regular rifles get no damage bonuses from flight speed. Hitscan shotguns (and the Baza) have damage fall off, which is affected by flight speed, but that's not really bonus damage, as you're just getting back damage you lost through distance.

Technically all hitscan weapons have damage fall off, but that's at "sniping enemies in open worlds" distances, and also I'm pretty sure most hitscan guns can't equip flight speed anyways outside of rolling it on a riven.

17 hours ago, KnightCole said:

Yeah, it makes sense on a weapon that has actual projectile travel time.  Its basically an improvement to the effective range and damage fall off of the gun.  It just doesnt make any sense how one could think its helping a weapon with hit scan, which is instant travel time.

Travel Time isn't Necessary.... It has the same Effect on Hitscan Weapons too.... Specifically Shotguns.... It simply increases the Damage you can deal from further away.... Which is funny because the Spread Pattern is still going to cause loss of Damage Anyway 😝.

In any case it's up to you which one you find more valuable... I have Minus Max Ammo Riven so sometimes I use Fatal Acceleration and Other Times I use Vigilante Supplies.... There's no wrong or right answer... As long as you understand how the Star works you can do whatever you like 😝...

On 2021-10-11 at 10:30 AM, KnightCole said:

So I was randomly talking to my bro about Warframe the other day and he was sayin I was dumb for putting ammo mut on my Tiberon Prime.  He said I should put projectile speed on it because it somehow increases damage.  I am left confused as hell how that works, if it works at all, and if hes not just smokin' something good.  I gotta wonder how projectile speed helps a hit scan weapon in any capacity.

it does an doesnt affect damage.
it does cause of the fact the farther a enemy is away from you the more of damage drop off happens. So boosting projectile speed changes the rate of damage drop off as the bullet travels faster. So you lose less damage on your weapon farther a enemy is.
it doesnt as it doesnt boost your damage but changes the values of the damage drop off so causes you to be able to deal a more constant damage.

i use projectile speed on my arca plasmor as it boost the shot range which buffs up the damage im able to do

Archived