Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Seeking: Advice for managing healthy clans.

kapn655321

Years back I ran a fairly active clan with around 60 members or so. I found it all to be a bit much to manage at times; eventually it had to be dissolved down to just myself.

Recently, (and I suppose since,) I've been feeling a pang of regret that my facilities aren't going to use for newer players.

So, Clan leaders. Managers. Mothers. Business school and behavioral economics grads alike..
What are some tricks to a functional and manageable network?

The scope is for new and returning players to have access to the resources and blueprints of a complete clan. No schedules, no dues, no mic, (just in game text). I try to make myself available to field questions and help smooth out people's experience and stumbling points. However, this alone can become a lot of plates to spin. Having 6-10 blinking chats going while clutching an objective for someone else.. a little crazy making some days.

Are there some helpful (potentially scalable) things I could use to condense and simplify this kind of work load for myself?

34 minutes ago, kapn655321 said:

Years back I ran a fairly active clan with around 60 members or so. I found it all to be a bit much to manage at times; eventually it had to be dissolved down to just myself.

I thought this was a seeking advice thread, not a giving advice thread!

23 minutes ago, kapn655321 said:

Perhaps it reads to you as the other way around, and that's fine.

No, Ebrl was being sarcastic. They were suggesting that dissolving your clan was a good idea. They were probably thinking about how toxic random players have been recently and how Warframe's co-op mechanics have strongly discouraged player collaboration and team building.

Regarding your original question, unless you actually want to be a mother and manager again, I think you should alter your goals a bit. Granted it is possible to find pleasant, contributing members for your clan! (I just don't know how).

Making yourself available to assist and answer questions is great, maybe just prepare yourself for where you will draw the line. For me:

• "Taxi me to Hydron?" No!
  • "Help me get argon crystals?" No, go to Mot in public.
  • "When Baro?" Go ask Q&A chat.
  • (the list goes on and on).

As for shortcuts, the Exploiter Orb boss fight and Thumpers are an excellent source for resources and 11 essential nutrients. If you have casual players (that are worth the effort), I suggest using Discord to let them know about any urgent news, events, or when is a good time to squad-up together.

I've built three clans, two from scratch. The two from scratch both had a single player that helped with the resource donations, especially the Mutagen Samples. I've done the brunt of farming, the helper has been a great boon, but all the other members.... they could care less about helping out 😿. Building dojo's can be thankless work, so don't burn yourself out.

23 minutes ago, kapn655321 said:

Correct.

Then you need members into that Clan first in order to do what you're looking for.

You may also consider a Discord server/channel to help...

"But I don't want people to use mic, just text" and that's exactly how I'm using it... text only... And very occasional situational streaming when some members are so outstandingly smart that written words appear as white noise over a completely 300% glowed white background...

... yes, let the reason of my "very occasional situational streaming" just... sink in...

... anyway, having a Discord server/channel to back you up (or a similar service) will make you more successful at helping new(er) players... But, do keep in mind that the ones that aren't new(er) players, and may enter your Clan (your choice for that, btw), will suggest those new(er) players to just check online guides or the wiki or "help" out by suggesting stuff that absolutely do not fit the Mastery Rank of those new(er) players...

I mean, if you don't really care that new(er) players start giving up because of that kind of "help", you're obviously not going to react to it... But if you do care about it, you'll react to it...

Taking me as an example, I tend to slap a few of my veteran members exactly because they "help" and it causes confusion to new(er) players because that "help" always include information about content (and related gameplay systems) that new(er) players have absolutely no idea what they are, especially when they are still struggling with mods, how to get said mods and how to become generally better at the game (we all know that mods do 95% of the work there, but most new(er) players struggle on that 5% the mods don't really cover).

Keep in mind though, some new(er) players simply prefer not using those kinds of services even if they're text only. Most of my Clan members haven't joined our multigaming community server, even though the channels have been created a year ago... In these cases, helping them with suggestions and tips without being online in Warframe is difficult, but its a difficulty self-imposed by them when you have the tools available they can use but simply choose not to... Some of my clan recruits, new(er) players, left my Clan when they saw I wasn't online for 24h, 7 days a week, for them and they wanted my help... A simple message in our Discord channel would make that help happen, obviously, but that would require them to actually join the channel... which they chose not to.

2 hours ago, kapn655321 said:

Recently, (and I suppose since,) I've been feeling a pang of regret that my facilities aren't going to use for newer players.

So, Clan leaders. Managers. Mothers. Business school and behavioral economics grads alike..

The scope is for new and returning players to have access to the resources and blueprints of a complete clan. No schedules, no dues, no mic, (just in game text). I try to make myself available to field questions and help smooth out people's experience and stumbling points. However, this alone can become a lot of plates to spin. Having 6-10 blinking chats going while clutching an objective for someone else.. a little crazy making some days.

Are there some helpful (potentially scalable) things I could use to condense and simplify this kind of work load for myself?

Delegate. If you try to do it all yourself you’re doomed to fail. Priority one is getting admins you trust. Once you have a team, tackling issues is much easier.

Get a team, then get a clan.

4 minutes ago, LillyRaccune said:

I suggest using Discord to let them know about any urgent news, events, or when is a good time to squad-up together.

I think this might be a major hurdle for ease of use.. but voice chat happened to be one of those boundaries I set early. I suppose I could still use discord as a hub and just type to it. That's not a bad idea, so thank you kindly for that.

7 hours ago, kapn655321 said:

Indeed... Encourage everyone to make a Solo Clan.... Then. You can all be a part of the Same Alliance... That's my plan anyways...

17 hours ago, kapn655321 said:

Join a well-run multi-clan Alliance.  By proxy, the constant number of clan-savvy players in that tab are a great source of info and retention through participation.

Archived