Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Aya Farming

(PSN)Rhea-36-

Okay I appreciate a new event and all, but from what seen from the comments of my fellow Tennos is that Aya is very rare. Now to me the grind I reading about is ridiculous. To grind for multiple missions or spending standing from our syndicates to see that it is a very low % to even get one is not right in my eyes. So I please ask for a fix so the % is equal to the rate of getting a relic itself or maybe a small bit lower. As of right now I don't even want to attempt to farm Aya now seeing the ratio to even get it. I love this game but I just don't think it fair to us to make us have grind hours and hours for 1-2 Aya hopefully. Now I not a game designer or anything, but as a seasoned gamer I don't think it please have a higher drop possibility.  

Most Void missions have Aya at about the same chance as any specific Relic.  If you aren't after a specific Relic then, sure, you're more likely to get a Relic than you are Aya but your chance to get Aya (and pick the Vaulted Relic of your choice as the reward for it) is the same as your chance of a specific Relic.  For example:

Void/Stribog (Sabotage)
Meso P4 Relic Rare (6.67%)
Meso C6 Relic Rare (6.67%)
Meso B5 Relic Rare (6.67%)
Meso S10 Relic Rare (6.67%)
Lith G4 Relic Rare (6.67%)
Lith T7 Relic Rare (6.67%)
Lith K7 Relic Rare (6.67%)
Lith N7 Relic Rare (6.67%)
Lith A4 Relic Rare (6.67%)
Lith I1 Relic Rare (6.67%)
Meso P5 Relic Rare (6.67%)
Meso B6 Relic Rare (6.67%)
Meso Z4 Relic Rare (6.67%)
Aya Rare (6.67%)
Lith N8 Relic Rare (6.67%)

If I want a Meso B6 I have a 6.67% chance, if I want anything that can be bought with Aya I have a 6.67% chance of getting Aya.

The best locations for Aya aren't the Void though.  As with recent Prime Vault Relics the best places are the Bounties on Cetus, Cambion Drift and Orb Vallis.  For Example:

Level 40 - 60 Cetus Bounty
Rotation A
  Stage 1
  5X Breath Of The Eidolon Common (50.00%)
  400 Endo Common (50.00%)
  Stage 2, Stage 3 of 4, and Stage 3 of 5
  5X Breath Of The Eidolon Uncommon (21.74%)
  400 Endo Uncommon (21.74%)
  2X Cetus Wisp Uncommon (17.39%)
  300X Kuva Rare (6.09%)
  Aya Common (33.04%)
  Stage 4 of 5
  5X Breath Of The Eidolon Uncommon (16.89%)
  400 Endo Uncommon (16.89%)
  2X Cetus Wisp Uncommon (13.51%)
  300X Kuva Rare (4.73%)
  Aya Uncommon (25.68%)
  Furax Wraith Left Gauntlet Rare (5.41%)
  Carving Mantis Rare (5.41%)
  Eidolon Lens Blueprint Rare (4.73%)
  Revenant Neuroptics Blueprint Rare (6.76%)
  Final Stage
  2X Cetus Wisp Uncommon (20.41%)
  300X Kuva Rare (7.14%)
  Aya Common (38.78%)
  Furax Wraith Left Gauntlet Rare (8.16%)
  Carving Mantis Rare (8.16%)
  Eidolon Lens Blueprint Rare (7.14%)
  Revenant Neuroptics Blueprint Uncommon (10.20%)

Completing the Bonus challenge on each stage gives you a second roll on the Final Stage loot, so doing that gives you 2 chances at 33.04%, 1 chance at 25.68% and 2 chances at 38.78%.

23 minutes ago, (PSN)Quantaminum said:

What Katinka said.

Don't take what random tennos say at face value. The grind is only bad if you're going for missions with low rates.

lv40-60 open world bounties have very generous drop rates.

And offer very generous burnout over the course of -checks notes- 10 weeks

13 minutes ago, Oreades said:

And offer very generous burnout over the course of -checks notes- 10 weeks

Look at the bright side: we have 3 open worlds to farm those bounties in!

Cambion Drift is a little bit more optimal than the other two, so I'm using that one for the first week's farm. But once you get what you want out of the first week's rotation, you can slow down the farm a bit and use the other open worlds while you stock aya up for the next weeks

Just now, (NSW)BalticBarbarian said:

Look at the bright side: we have 3 open worlds to farm those bounties in!

Cambion Drift is a little bit more optimal than the other two, so I'm using that one for the first week's farm. But once you get what you want out of the first week's rotation, you can slow down the farm a bit and use the other open worlds while you stock aya up for the next weeks

Thankfully there are very few vaulted primes that I "need" maybe like two and only like one component missing from each, I should probably make an effort to check. Cause ngl I'd be stressing the hecc out if I was in the position of say someone on the Switch that just started and purportedly those players are the one this event is supposed to be helping. 

I can't really see having one subsection of the game where the drop rates aren't abjectly abysmal as being a win. 

Have you tried Ghoul Bounty? Do the first bounty you'll get either Endo, Aya or Hunter Adrenaline. Take the bounty from Konzu, dash inside the plains to do the first mission (no need to do the other 2) and run back to Cetus again. Rinse and repeat. It's kinda boring but it works, as long as your luck doesn't run out and keep giving you Hunter Adrenalines.

6 hours ago, Oreades said:

Thankfully there are very few vaulted primes that I "need" maybe like two and only like one component missing from each, I should probably make an effort to check. Cause ngl I'd be stressing the hecc out if I was in the position of say someone on the Switch that just started and purportedly those players are the one this event is supposed to be helping. 

I can't really see having one subsection of the game where the drop rates aren't abjectly abysmal as being a win. 

I don't actually need any of the primes either - although I'm planning to farm extra sets for a fair few of them. But I do understand those newer players you've mentioned very well - I used Scarlet Spear to max out all the Eidolon arcanes and that was a pretty hectic farm. But that's the kind of game we're playing. At least this event lets you use more than one mission for the farming (unlike Orphix Venom or Plague Star)!

8 hours ago, (PSN)Rhea-36- said:

So I please ask for a fix so the % is equal to the rate of getting a relic itself or maybe a small bit lower.

It already was....

Aya is Occupying the Reward Slots that used to be Occupied by Vaulted Relics.... If you managed to get such a relic before then you'll definitely be able to get Aya Now .. also... It's only been a Single day... It's a Marathon... Not a Sprint.

7 hours ago, (PSN)Quantaminum said:

What Katinka said.

Don't take what random tennos say at face value. The grind is only bad if you're going for missions with low rates.

lv40-60 open world bounties have very generous drop rates.

BullS#&$! The last two vault rotations, I went out of my way to farm vaulted relics from open-world bounties, and was able to build up quite a few relatively quickly. The drop rates for aya on said missions are significantly lower than those for the vaulted relics they're replacing. I ground for over 5 hours today and only got 3 aya for my troubles, when last week I could have gotten up to a dozen relics for the same amount of effort.

1 minute ago, Xbalanque84 said:

BullS#&$! The last two vault rotations, I went out of my way to farm vaulted relics from open-world bounties, and was able to build up quite a few relatively quickly. The drop rates for aya on said missions are significantly lower than those for the vaulted relics they're replacing. I ground for over 5 hours today and only got 3 aya for my troubles, when last week I could have gotten up to a dozen relics for the same amount of effort.

Bro I don't know what to tell you but I'm getting legitimately 2 aya every mission on Deimos.

On 2021-11-17 at 8:40 PM, .LeiA._ said:

Have you tried Ghoul Bounty? Do the first bounty you'll get either Endo, Aya or Hunter Adrenaline. Take the bounty from Konzu, dash inside the plains to do the first mission (no need to do the other 2) and run back to Cetus again. Rinse and repeat. It's kinda boring but it works, as long as your luck doesn't run out and keep giving you Hunter Adrenalines.

I average about 90s per run taking the 20-40 (top tier ghoul bounty)--this is running Stage 1 AFAP and exit.  Frequently this can be trimmed down to 60-65s.  This makes getting Hunter Adrenalines and Endo less painful.  Sometimes I've seen 3 Aya drop in a row.  Other times it's 10-20 placeholders 'til the next Aya.  I haven't actually tracked numbers but it seems like a 30% drop-rate.  It's also possible it feels like a better drop-rate speed-running the 1st stage.

I'm thinking about doing 100 runs to track average time and drop-rate.  If I do, I'll post the results :-)

Archived