Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Storyquests are loved. Events are no new longterm content. Solution = Tie them together

SmokinDice

my biggest issue atm is that SO much of the "new content" that gets released is always event based.. meaning it is here for a couple of weeks, and then that content is gone..

it makes the world feel empty in a weird way with not much of long term goals to go for.. and also disconnected, as if it happens all in a diffrent reality instead of the same universe.

it also "forces" you to play the game at certain times, maybe in a period where you want to play somthing else right now. like aoe4 for me atm as an example. luckily I dont care for prime resurgence since I own everything in the game already.

But, why not have this new vendor be there for forever now and have changing inventory every few weeks introduce her via a cool short sotryline where you save her or help her achieve something, to feel more connected to her, give her reason to be here and exist in this world so it makes sense why she tells you her lifes story all the time..

why not have baro there always and have just changing inventory every few weeks, give him actually new mods once a month. give him a quest and a reason and formal introduction via a quest line to WHY he travels the void and sells stuff and why he exists..

why not have plague star be actual content that I can do when I want to. why not have the big sentient eye ground missions things be content I can engage in when I want to. and so on, and so on.

so much content that just isnt there anymore or never explained.

Insteat of these events just randomly dropping on us, I would MUCH MUCH MUCH more prefer actually spending time developing the story, giving us new short quests and story missions, however small they may be, and integrate those events into them, that you can then repeat forever.

Have the plagu star be a actuall story quest, an event that happens IN the games univers as a story quest that you get a quest and a reward for and tie it into the story and into the game as content afterwards as repeatable missions.

have the big sentient eye event thing be a short story quest that then sends you onto these mission before the new war..

we have seen that they CAN do these short quests. like for every new open world, you give us a short introduction quest and THEN give us the content to play forever. also with the the sisters of parvos.. that was amazing! if only it would have launched WITH the update to make more sense. have even these smaller content updates be introduced with a quest!

have the story quests (formaly events) introduce these new missions...

Instead of randomly dropping events on us 2-4 times a year, just put in a small effort to introduce them INGAME with a short introduction quest and make the game feel more whole, more connected and form a living growing world inside this universe.

8 years, and we have 31 quests in the codex..

4 minutes ago, SmokinDice said:

my biggest issue atm is that SO much of the "new content" that gets released is always event based.. meaning it is here for a couple of weeks, and then that content is gone..

it makes the world feel empty in a weird way with not much of long term goals to go for.. and also disconnected, as if it happens all in a diffrent reality instead of the same universe.

it also "forces" you to play the game at certain times, maybe in a period where you want to play somthing else right now. like aoe4 for me atm as an example. luckily I dont care for prime resurgence since I own everything in the game already.

But, why not have this new vendor be there for forever now and have changing inventory every few weeks introduce her via a cool short sotryline where you save her or help her achieve something, to feel more connected to her, give her reason to be here and exist in this world so it makes sense why she tells you her lifes story all the time..

why not have baro there always and have just changing inventory every few weeks, give him actually new mods once a month. give him a quest and a reason and formal introduction via a quest line to WHY he travels the void and sells stuff and why he exists..

why not have plague star be actual content that I can do when I want to. why not have the big sentient eye ground missions things be content I can engage in when I want to. and so on, and so on.

so much content that just isnt there anymore or never explained.

Insteat of these events just randomly dropping on us, I would MUCH MUCH MUCH more prefer actually spending time developing the story, giving us new short quests and story missions, however small they may be, and integrate those events into them, that you can then repeat forever.

Have the plagu star be a actuall story quest, an event that happens IN the games univers as a story quest that you get a quest and a reward for and tie it into the story and into the game as content afterwards as repeatable missions.

have the big sentient eye event thing be a short story quest that then sends you onto these mission before the new war..

we have seen that they CAN do these short quests. like for every new open world, you give us a short introduction quest and THEN give us the content to play forever. also with the the sisters of parvos.. that was amazing! if only it would have launched WITH the update to make more sense. have even these smaller content updates be introduced with a quest!

have the story quests (formaly events) introduce these new missions...

Instead of randomly dropping events on us 2-4 times a year, just put in a small effort to introduce them INGAME with a short introduction quest and make the game feel more whole, more connected and form a living growing world inside this universe.

8 years, and we have 31 quests in the codex..

To simplify, they need to do a better job of integrating the bottom-line, money-making component with the storytelling component.

P and L gotta always P. But Storytelling needs to still be an expense worthy of investment.

See Second Dream Reveal.

Yet here I am not liking the story quests and preferring events when they're done properly and not the same event over and over again with no real benefit (thermia fractures, ghouls etc).  Example the first plague star was great albeit a bit repetitive, getting the exact same thing, rewards and missions the next time, not so much... it needed 'new stuff' in it. 

Essentially mini events with 'rewards' (something as simple as forma and 'rare' resources as rewards) are far more interesting to me than the story.

Now you'll likely say why don't I like the stories, honestly I have very little interest in the 'life story' of a computer game where the story can be changed as the devs see fit ignoring past canon etc.... in fact when the 'story' is being played I just want a skip button (and the same for stuff repeated every mission) so I can get on with the stuff I want to do and not be forced to listen to something I'm going to forget 5 mins later.

1 hour ago, Drasiel said:

I would love to read your post, but you've used black text making it quite difficult to read on the dark theme. Using the "automatic text colour" will ensure dark theme users can easily read your post as well.

weird, my editing tells me it is on automatic, always was and always should be. none the less I change it to a color and to automatic again after, hopefully it works for you now.

4 hours ago, LSG501 said:

Yet here I am not liking the story quests and preferring events when they're done properly and not the same event over and over again with no real benefit (thermia fractures, ghouls etc).  Example the first plague star was great albeit a bit repetitive, getting the exact same thing, rewards and missions the next time, not so much... it needed 'new stuff' in it. 

Essentially mini events with 'rewards' (something as simple as forma and 'rare' resources as rewards) are far more interesting to me than the story.

Now you'll likely say why don't I like the stories, honestly I have very little interest in the 'life story' of a computer game where the story can be changed as the devs see fit ignoring past canon etc.... in fact when the 'story' is being played I just want a skip button (and the same for stuff repeated every mission) so I can get on with the stuff I want to do and not be forced to listen to something I'm going to forget 5 mins later.

my question rather is, would it not help your immersion in the game? make the experience more cohesive?

having a playable ONE TIME experience with a bit of voice acting telling you a reason why you do it and giving you a cinematic introduction to such an "event" (new content that is here to stay) I#d argue makes the games world feel more connected within itself.

so despite you even skipping that one time experience, does it not make you feel like, WOW, the devs really put in work into all of this, this is such a great game with so much depth, it would be easy for me to recommend this game to my friends! (instead of telling them: yeah so you basically do the same mission 100 times and then you log off again)

Yes. Fully agree. 

Integration of the story telling and the event always works for me. I like and I invest time or money when these two are together. Having the excitement of getting new toys, weapons and a change of pace motivated by a story always moves me getting into the game. 

This is the winning formula. But it must be settled so DE has the commodity and flexibility of performing it. However that reduces the insertion to two windows each year. They will focus on two large launches, that means, two warframes with all the accessories that we are used to have. 

This is the best way that sells me the game perfectly. Story telling, lore and the whereabouts the characters in this game are for me the best part of this game. It's a win for me if such idea works. I support it 100 percent. 

Yeah, i ever post it in steam, like why the past Event that even contain big lore is never come back.
I came to Warframe in 2017 i believe it's PoE first launch and really sad that i miss many things.
When i'm still new idk about wiki and past event, i'm really lost like who this Perrin dude, why he debate with corpus CEO in Pluto. Why the Boss on Sedna angry on me about cheating and stuffs? Now, imagine new player that see WF like my early days.

Past event also can fill starchart for new players.

Sorry for English.

48 minutes ago, SmokinDice said:

my question rather is, would it not help your immersion in the game? make the experience more cohesive?

having a playable ONE TIME experience with a bit of voice acting telling you a reason why you do it and giving you a cinematic introduction to such an "event" (new content that is here to stay) I#d argue makes the games world feel more connected within itself.

so despite you even skipping that one time experience, does it not make you feel like, WOW, the devs really put in work into all of this, this is such a great game with so much depth, it would be easy for me to recommend this game to my friends! (instead of telling them: yeah so you basically do the same mission 100 times and then you log off again)

No, in all honesty it actually makes me feel they've wasted time on a 'one time experience' that could have been used to expand on the actual bigger gaming experience.... think things like more maps or types of missions, better enemy AI, hell they (Sheldon) could finally finish the pet AI from 3 years ago or even better actually test the updates properly before release so we don't get the adjustments later down the line..., you know things that actually matter long term in the game. 

I think the best of both worlds is possible: introduce an event as a closed off solo quest first, to get used to the content, then use feedback to improve it and then make it a major limited-time event later on. would be an enormous help for newer players who could learn how to do Plague Star/Ghouls/Orphix etc on their own time without disturbing any public groups, and we're always saying how there aren't enough tutorials for people who need them.

once a player has completed the quest for that event, they can then jump into the proper event in whatever matchmaking settings they want. it would also be an opportunity to refurbish older events from Warframe's past (like Tethra's Doom or Gravidus Dilemma) and introduce newer players to them. Warframe's quests are usually pretty engaging IMO, even the smaller ones, and I think it'd be nice to have more of those moments where you feel like your Tenno is actually making a difference to the system, rather than just slaughtering goons for resources and currency like we do 99% of the time.

Archived