Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Stacking Proc Damage... Can anyone explain specifics?

TheBlackSpectre

Question

I've read the Wiki and although I've gleaned some good information from it, I have some holes in my understanding that I hope someone here can clear up...

Slash Proc Damage - In short, how does stacking work with slash proc DoT? Does the DoT damage stack with subsequent procs or does it merely refresh the duration? Is the only limit to how many DoTs can stack, how many procs you can get in a second? So an imaginary primary with 100% status that does only slash damage and has a 20 fire rate would be able to get 20 stacks of slash DoT in that one second? Also I read elsewhere that Hunters Munitions does NOT stack with normal slash proc DoTs but does stack with subsequent  slash procs from Hunters Munitions. Is this true?

Heat Proc Damage - same question

Electricity Proc Damage - same question

Toxin Proc Damage - Same question

The Wiki states that gas DoT stacks up to 10 times. So at least I have that answer, but still not really sure about how many times it can stack in 1 second...

Thanks for the help...

10 answers to this question

Every status instance is on its own timer, so inflicting another instance of the same status will not refresh the timers of the existing statuses.

Slash procs also tick damage on their own timers, which means that they don't technically "stack" in the sense of more damage per tick. This explains your question with Hunter Munitions. Heat, Toxin, and Electric procs, however, do stack and will all tick damage at once, which can result in some VERY high numbers if enough stacks are present.

Theoretically, there is no limit to the amount of procs you can unleash in one second. In practice, there are very few weapons that can apply hundreds of procs in mere seconds (e.g. Tenet Flux Rifle with Flux Overdrive).

Non-damaging statuses are slightly different in that they have a cap of 10 instances on one target. If another instance is applied, the oldest is overwritten. Trying to apply an 11th instance of Viral, for example, will overwrite the first instance, making it seem as though the proc is "refreshed".

18 minutes ago, TheBlackSpectre said:

Slash Proc Damage

Each slash proc does its own damage and has its own timer

20 minutes ago, TheBlackSpectre said:

So an imaginary primary with 100% status that does only slash damage and has a 20 fire rate would be able to get 20 stacks of slash DoT in that one second?

Correct

20 minutes ago, TheBlackSpectre said:

Also I read elsewhere that Hunters Munitions does NOT stack with normal slash proc DoTs but does stack with subsequent  slash procs from Hunters Munitions. Is this true?

A single bullet can proc hunter munitions and a slash proc from the weapons own status chance.

It cannot stack with Internal Bleeding or Garudas 4 though.

21 minutes ago, TheBlackSpectre said:

Heat Proc Damage

Heat stacks all of its status into one damage tic and refreshes the duration of all heat procs.

23 minutes ago, TheBlackSpectre said:

Electricity Proc Damage

Electric stacks into a single damage tic, each status has its own timer.

26 minutes ago, TheBlackSpectre said:

Toxin Proc Damage

Toxin works the same as slash, each doing its own damage with its own timer

28 minutes ago, TheBlackSpectre said:

The Wiki states that gas DoT stacks up to 10 times. So at least I have that answer, but still not really sure about how many times it can stack in 1 second...

Stacks up to 10 times, increasing the AoE with each stack. It stacks as fast as your weapon can apply them.

2 hours ago, TheBlackSpectre said:

Slash Proc Damage - In short, how does stacking work with slash proc DoT? Does the DoT damage stack with subsequent procs or does it merely refresh the duration? Is the only limit to how many DoTs can stack, how many procs you can get in a second? So an imaginary primary with 100% status that does only slash damage and has a 20 fire rate would be able to get 20 stacks of slash DoT in that one second? 

Each Slash Proc is it's own DoT and I don't think there's a limit on how many you can have ... Barring certain Enemies that have Status Resistance....

Also I read elsewhere that Hunters Munitions does NOT stack with normal slash proc DoTs but does stack with subsequent  slash procs from Hunters Munitions. Is this true?

That sounds strange....

From what I understand.... If a Damage Instance Procs Slash from the Weapons innate Status then it will prevent Hunter Munitions from Proccing on that Same Instance....

That the only Limitation from Hunter Munitions that I know of....

The Internal Bleeding and Hemorrhage Mods are even Stranger.... A single Damage Instance can Proc Slash Twice.... One from the Force Proc on the weapon and another from the Status Chance...... You can see it on The Tenet Spirex and Kuva Chakkhur.... 

Heat Proc Damage - same question

Electricity Proc Damage - same question

Toxin Proc Damage - Same question

These Ones basically all use Different Formulas....  😱.... I don't understand them at all....

Thanks for the help...

Supposedly this is the most Confusing part.... Apparently it only shows 10 on the UI but the Damage Actually does continue to Stack... 🤔

I think what doesn't stack is the Status Type's Effect.... In the case of Heat.... You won't reduce your Targets Armor any further after 10 Procs... But subsequent Procs will continue to add to the Burning Damage Over Time....

1 hour ago, McCIoud said:

Each slash proc does its own damage and has its own timer

Correct

A single bullet can proc hunter munitions and a slash proc from the weapons own status chance.

It cannot stack with Internal Bleeding or Garudas 4 though.

Heat stacks all of its status into one damage tic and refreshes the duration of all heat procs.

Electric stacks into a single damage tic, each status has its own timer.

Toxin works the same as slash, each doing its own damage with its own timer

Stacks up to 10 times, increasing the AoE with each stack. It stacks as fast as your weapon can apply them.

I knew this stuff was Complicated... 😱 !!!!

See... This is why so miss Corrosive so much.... It's just easier to understand 😭

alll DoT's are the same except for Gas, Fire and Electricity.

for all the rest, applying the Status Effect twice means you applied two separate Timers and Damage.

Fire is different. refreshes but combines. so if you apply two, the Damage per Tick goes up, and the Duration gets extended for as long as you continue applying the Status Effect. once you leave it alone it will count down as normal.

Electricity is like a mix of both. the Damage combines into one Tick per Second, but if you apply two Electric Status then you get two separate Timers and Damage.

you can stack Status Effects as fast as you want. the limit is only how fast you can attack.

things like Hunter Munitions and Internal Bleeding are special. these are forced Status Effects, which is a once per Damage instance effect that is like Status but since it isn't Status, you can think of it occupying a different 'Slot. with 100% Status Chance, one Damage instance can apply up to two Status Effects, one from the normal Status Chance distribution, and one from Status that is applied separate from Status Chance.

6 hours ago, taiiat said:

things like Hunter Munitions and Internal Bleeding are special. these are forced Status Effects, which is a once per Damage instance effect that is like Status but since it isn't Status, you can think of it occupying a different 'Slot. with 100% Status Chance, one Damage instance can apply up to two Status Effects, one from the normal Status Chance distribution, and one from Status that is applied separate from Status Chance.

True for Hunter Munitions, but Internal Bleeding (and according to the wiki Hemorrhage, but I haven't personally tested it) is different.  With a high slash IB Daikyu, no multishot or HM, I could never get more than one slash proc at a time.

6 hours ago, Lutesque said:

From what I understand.... If a Damage Instance Procs Slash from the Weapons innate Status then it will prevent Hunter Munitions from Proccing on that Same Instance....

That the only Limitation from Hunter Munitions that I know of....

That -used- to be the case, but not for a couple of years.

On the other hand...

6 hours ago, Lutesque said:

The Internal Bleeding and Hemorrhage Mods are even Stranger.... A single Damage Instance can Proc Slash Twice.... One from the Force Proc on the weapon and another from the Status Chance...... You can see it on The Tenet Spirex and Kuva Chakkhur.... 

If we mean the same thing by "single damage instance" I haven't seen this happen with the impact/bleed mods.  Both of the weapons you mentioned though have at least two damage instances per shot:  the projectile and the AoE, as well as any multishot.  Chakkhur has forced impact on both components so that's not surprising.  I don't have the Spirex, but the wiki doesn't list any impact or forced impact on its AoE.  Multishot is the most obvious explanation, but I suppose you also could have been looking at an impact progen version.

9 hours ago, Tiltskillet said:

True for Hunter Munitions, but Internal Bleeding (and according to the wiki Hemorrhage, but I haven't personally tested it) is different.  With a high slash IB Daikyu, no multishot or HM, I could never get more than one slash proc at a time.

would be strange, but anything could be possible in this game.

Thanks for the answers, guys. Great stuff here! It's amazing that I couldn't find this information anywhere, and even more amazing that there are players that figured out all of this on their own.    

I'll need to spend some time over the weekend to make sure I have my head wrapped around all of this correctly, but I think I've got it. 

We should add it to the Wiki!

Thanks again,

-Black

10 hours ago, TheBlackSpectre said:

We should add it to the Wiki!

Most or all of it's there.  General overview: https://warframe.fandom.com/wiki/Status_Effect

Spoiler
Damage Type Status Effects
DmgImpactSmall64.png Impact Stagger
On Enemy: Causes target to flinch and staggers movement for 1 second and increases the health threshold at which they can be Parazon Mercy Killed by 4% per proc. Stacks up to 10 times.
On Player: No effect.
DmgPunctureSmall64.png Puncture Weakened
On Enemy: Reduces any damage dealt by 30% for 6 seconds. Stacks up to 10 times, with subsequent procs reducing damage by 5% to a total of 75%.
On Player: Reduces any damage dealt to 30% for 6 seconds.
DmgSlashSmall64.png Slash Bleed
On Enemy: Deals 35% of the base damage per second over 6 seconds (bypasses Armor).
On Player: Deals 10% of the base damage per second over 6 seconds (bypasses Armor).
DmgTrueSmall64.png True No status effect.
DmgHeatSmall64.png Heat Ignite
On Enemy: Deals 50% of the base damage as DmgHeatSmall64.png Heat damage per second over 6 seconds (increase by Heat mods, can be refreshed) while causing the target to panic for 4 seconds and stripping up to 50% Armor.
On Player: Deals 50% base DmgHeatSmall64.png Heat damage over 6 seconds and strips up to 50% Armor.
DmgColdSmall64.png Cold Freeze
On Enemy: Reduces Movement Speed, Fire Rate, and Attack Speed by 25% for 6 seconds. Stacks up to 10 times, with subsequent procs increasing slow by 5% to a total of 70%.
On Player: Reduces Movement Speed, Fire Rate, and Attack Speed by 25% for 6 seconds.
DmgElectricitySmall64.png Electricity Tesla Chain
On Enemy: Deals 50% of the base damage asDmgElectricitySmall64.png Electricity damage per second over 6 seconds to enemies within 5 meters of the target and stuns the affected target for 3 seconds.
On Player: Deals 50% base DmgElectricitySmall64.png Electricity damage to allies within 3 meters of the target.
DmgToxinSmall64.png Toxin Poison
Universal: Deals 50% of the base damage as DmgToxinSmall64.png Toxin damage per second over 6 seconds (bypasses Shield).
DmgVoidSmall64.png Void Bullet Attractor
On Enemy: Creates a 2.5 meter radius field which attracts projectiles for 3 seconds.
DmgTauSmall64.png Tau No status effect.
DmgBlastSmall64.png Blast Inaccuracy
On Enemy: Reduces accuracy by 30% for 6 seconds. Stacks up to 10 times, with subsequent procs reducing accuracy by 5% to a total of 75%.
On Player: Reduces accuracy by 30% for 6 seconds.
DmgCorrosiveSmall64.png Corrosive Corrosion
On Enemy: Reduces armor by 26% for 8 seconds. Stacks up to 10 times, with subsequent procs reducing armor by 6% to a total of 80%.
On Player: Reduces armor by 26% for 8 seconds.
DmgGasSmall64.png Gas Gas Cloud
Universal: Deals 50% of the base damage as DmgGasSmall64.png Gas damage per second over 6 seconds in a 3 meter radius. Stacks up to 10 times, with subsequent procs increasing radius by 0.3 meters to a total of 6 meters.
DmgMagneticSmall64.png Magnetic Disrupt
On Enemy: Amplifies damage dealt to shields by 100% and nullifies shield regeneration for 6 seconds. Stacks up to 10 times, with subsequent procs increasing damage to shields by 25% to a total of 325%.
On Player: Amplifies damage dealt to shields by 100%, nullifies shield regeneration, drains 50 Energy per second and scrambles the interface for 4 seconds.
DmgRadiationSmall64.png Radiation Confusion
On Enemy: Attacks any closest enemy and will be attacked in return while dealing 100% additional damage to allied units for 12 seconds. Stacks up to 10 times, with subsequent procs increasing damage by 50% to a total of 550%.
On Player: Reduces firing accuracy, able to damage and be damaged by allies for 4 seconds.
DmgViralSmall64.png Viral Virus
On Enemy: Amplifies damage dealt to health by 100% for 6 seconds. Stacks up to 10 times, with subsequent procs increasing damage to health by 25% to a total of 325%.
On Player: Amplifies damage dealt to health by 100% for 6 seconds.

Some nitty gritty details you'll find on the specific damage type links, or on pages for the pertinent mods.

On 2021-11-29 at 3:51 AM, taiiat said:

alll DoT's are the same except for Gas, Fire and Electricity.

Also, gas and electricity are the only procs that can trigger headshots on their own, which are quite hard to actually monitor, only by triggering deadhead arcane. IDK if bonus triggered by Deadhead arcane activation is actually added to subsequent headshots due to procs. Please correct me if I'm wrong.

12 hours ago, akots said:

Also, gas and electricity are the only procs that can trigger headshots on their own, which are quite hard to actually monitor, only by triggering deadhead arcane. IDK if bonus triggered by Deadhead arcane activation is actually added to subsequent headshots due to procs. Please correct me if I'm wrong.

yep! lets Electric (and yes i guess Gas but we don't talk about Gas) be super powerful in groups too, being able to sometimes Headshot the Enemies surrounding the target.

Archived