The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Uranus Proxima for Railjack - But it's Underwater

(PSN)Wolf_Folivora

rb6j58s.png

This is a fun idea that came up a year ago in a party with friends.

As the title suggests. The idea behind it is to take the existing game assets like the Railjack & Uranus tileset and combining it into an underwater experience by swapping the space Skybox With the Uranus underwater Skybox, adding a few underwater effects, replace asteroids with tall cliffs, and you have a submersible level.
Most of this is already in the game, it just needs a little putting together.
It wouldn't even be required to make the railjack or the archwing slower, normal speed would work just fine.
And if Digital Extremes feel extra confident, it would even be possible to add above surface segments for the level - by swapping the Skybox when going above the surface. A lot of things would have to be in sync to sell the effect, but it is well within DEs capabilities.

Pros:
- Can be made using many already existing game assets such as Railjack Core Gameplay and the Uranus Tileset
- Would be a fresh new take on Railjack missions
- Opportunity to add underwater exploration to Railjack with its bonus objectives
- A good excuse to make a sea monster enemy for a boss fight

Cons:
- Would require making new Submersible skins for Grenier fighters and crew ships.
- Would require Adding believable underwater effects and rocks to sell it as an underwater level.
- Finding a good gameplay balance in a railjack level where the railjackijack might have to fly swim slower than the usual flight speed

hace 54 minutos, (PSN)Wolf_von_Saturn dijo:

As the title suggests.

Proxima regions refer to outer space however this would be awesome we could see actual ghost ships or even sentient kaijus. 

Hm what was that? 

Detecting multiple leviathan class lifeforms in the region. Are you certain whatever you're doing is worth it?

• 1 month later...
On 2021-12-07 at 6:31 PM, GwinKyblood said:

jesus, no. RJ sucks as necramech content. ;C

To each their own as they say

On 2021-12-07 at 6:24 PM, (PSN)Wolf_von_Saturn said:

rb6j58s.png

As the title suggests. The idea behind it is to take the existing game assets like the Railjack & Uranus tileset and combining it into an underwater experience by swapping the space Skybox With the Uranus underwater Skybox, adding a few underwater effects, replace asteroids with tall cliffs, and you have a submersible level.
It wouldn't even be required to make the railjack or the archwing slower, normal speed would work just fine.
And if Digital Extremes feel extra confident, it would even be possible to add above surface segments for the level - by swapping the Skybox when going above the surface. A lot of things would have to be in sync to sell the effect, but it is well within DEs capabilities.

Pros:
- Can be made using many already existing game assets such as Railjack Core Gameplay and the Uranus Tileset
- Opportunity to add underwater exploration to Railjack with its bonus objectives

Cons:
- Would require making new Submersible skins for Grenier fighters and crew ships.
- Would require Adding believable underwater effects and rocks to sell it as an underwater level.
- Finding a good gameplay balance in a railjack level where the railjackijack might have to fly swim slower than the usual flight speed

A concept I can agree with! What a rarity

this could honestly be really interesting. Uranus needs more done with it, as its a very unique tileset, and could easily reuse pre-existing nodes due to their archwing access, and just have those for mission objectives in a Uranus railjack.
Like someone else said, the name would have to be something else since Proxima refers to space, maybe 'Uranus Leagues' or 'Uranus Fathoms'?

On 2021-12-07 at 5:31 PM, GwinKyblood said:

jesus, no. RJ sucks as necramech content. ;C

On 2022-01-11 at 4:16 PM, GwinKyblood said:

ueeeeeeeem ueeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeem T.T UEEEEEEEEEM 

Given your responses... I think we can disregard your opinions as being constructive, explain why it sucks and don't whine? in weird ways

On 2021-12-07 at 5:24 PM, (PSN)Wolf_von_Saturn said:

rb6j58s.png

Pros:

Cons:

Awesome Idea btw!

9 hours ago, 45neo said:

Given your responses... I think we can disregard your opinions as being constructive, explain why it sucks and don't whine? in weird ways

Awesome Idea btw!

Everyone waited too long and is literally an exterminate in a sandbox. As I said, necramech's dead one. Pure MR FODDER

Better to revisit existing systems than to implement boring ones as necramech and MEME JACK.

Now if you want to pretend to be blind and support everything in the game, I'm sorry 45neo.

31 minutes ago, GwinKyblood said:

Everyone waited too long and is literally an exterminate in a sandbox. As I said, necramech's dead one. Pure MR FODDER

oh yes, those Mechs that I've seen plenty of people use in open-worlds on defence objectives because of their good damage, health and generally being a better option than using your frame... totally MR fodder.
While I think that Necramech's and Railjack weren't implemented in the best way possible, they are good systems that has more value besides MR Fodder. And yes, its your opinion, but can you give a reason why they are bad? I know you mentioned about mobility, but arguably mobility isn't the key point of the game, that goes to synergies between frames and discovering a build that works for you.

I just don't think its fair to the post to just immediately discard it because its about a system you don't enjoy... Personally I think that Railjack is a really fun and interesting game-mode while also keeping basic warframe play available.

41 minutes ago, GwinKyblood said:

Better to revisit existing systems than to implement boring ones as necramech and MEME JACK.

Also you say this, but like... isn't the point of this thread to have a slight revisit to an existing system (railjack)? And what other systems can they even revisit? Operator and Warframe gameplay don't need revisiting, Modding is fine, Conclave has a population of about 7 so that's fine, Archwing is fine except for how hard it is to control on the Corpus maps, Simulacrum and Sanctuary Onslaught are fine... what are you suggesting they revisit?
Your forgetting these were added to try and add diversity to the game, same reason Archwing, K-Drives, Fishing, Animal Preservation and everything else was added, extra things for people to do.

21 minutes ago, GwinKyblood said:

I can't read right now, I'm speeding up my RJ VUMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM

and Neo was right, your opinions aren't worth considering based on your responses. And given your inability to answer a question of "why do you not like them?", I'm gonna assume your answer is 'because they are different' and won't assume otherwise

13 hours ago, GwinKyblood said:

Now if you want to pretend to be blind and support everything in the game, I'm sorry 45neo.

13 hours ago, GwinKyblood said:

The key of game's mobility and u you want to throw me in a locked piece of iron? 

RJ - > u're rock
Necramech -> hard corn

W_A_R_F_R_A_M_E

I think you forget that underwater archwing is a thing, which means you can do things similar to corpus rj missions. and FYI I am a returning player who has come back from not playing a long time, I left right after scarlet spear without ever making a rj myself cause I didn't want to go through the effort to try it, I am trying it for the first time now that I am coming back and honestly I think it is pretty neat and this concept is a nice twist on it and could be a cool way to expand on the wf universe.

Just wanted to point out that DE took the word "Proxima" extremely freely and pasted it all over the star chart, probably because it sounds cool.
And in the spirit of it, so did I.
But "Proxima" actually refers to a flare star in the constellation Centaurus that is the nearest star to the sun. It is a red dwarf of very low magnitude. Also called: Proxima Centauri.
Hurray! Now we can shut-up about the name, right?

3 hours ago, (PSN)Wolf_von_Saturn said:

Just wanted to point out that DE took the word "Proxima" extremely freely and pasted it all over the star chart, probably because it sounds cool.
And in the spirit of it, so did I.
But "Proxima" actually refers to a flare star in the constellation Centaurus that is the nearest star to the sun. It is a red dwarf of very low magnitude. Also called: Proxima Centauri.
Hurray! Now we can shut-up about the name, right?

In the context on how it's used in the game, Proxima refers to the outer space regions close to a planet or a specific area.

Does it really matter? Not really.

21 hours ago, TheArmchairThinker said:

You say they suck? Too bad for you

Reveal hidden contents

maxresdefault.jpg

Also, since it's underwater that means submersible archwing will be a dominant part when you're out of RJ

:'c when they brings crossplay, we can play toguether Rj MY LITTLE NEW ACCOUNT MR1 ON PC

Cya o///////// 

On 2021-12-07 at 7:24 PM, (PSN)Wolf_von_Saturn said:

rb6j58s.png

Pros:

Cons:

Neat but i see an underwater zone more as a landscape map, like PoE or Orb Vallies than the Proxima missions. This map would mostly concentrate on archwing usage which would fit well with DE's idea of modular arch wings with explorable air tunnels that players can revert back to regular game play.

On 2021-12-07 at 7:24 PM, (PSN)Wolf_von_Saturn said:

rb6j58s.png

Pros:

Cons:

Why not? It's nothing more but another tileset really. I'm down

But I'm more down for seeing these things in open worlds. I know it's hard on DE for them to do it but it's got to be the coolest part about them to me. Chilling on the ground with my friends in their ship right above me providing air support and what not. Just seems so cool

Archived