Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Mild Spoilers: PSA: Console: The New War Controller Issue (Fixes Live!)

[DE]Rebecca

hace 5 horas, [DE]Rebecca dijo:

SPOILERS: TENNO!

Tenno on Console, there is a certain part of the quest that requires you to 'Ascend', yet it will not work until you've reset your Controller Bindings to Default. 

Furthermore, we have discovered that the button callouts are wrong after you reset to default. It's calling out LT as ascend, but you will have to use 'A' on Xbox, 'X' on PlayStation, and 'B' on Switch will make you ascend after you've defaulted controls.

We are working on a real fix for this, but this is a workaround for now while we get builds ready. 

what can i do on PC ? 

5 hours ago, [DE]Rebecca said:

Tenno on Console, there is a certain part of the quest that requires you to 'Ascend', yet it will not work until you've reset your Controller Bindings to Default. 

Furthermore, we have discovered that the button callouts are wrong after you reset to default. It's calling out LT as ascend, but you will have to use 'A' on Xbox, 'X' on PlayStation, and 'B' on Switch will make you ascend after you've defaulted controls.

We are working on a real fix for this, but this is a workaround for now while we get builds ready. 

I’m on PC and I can’t ascend also! I’ve tried to rest my keys but nothing! Sad

If you are getting mad a the devs for not fixing this for PlayStation, they have been working on this massive quest for months and developing a game is not that easy, even just a minor bug like that. So dont say anything unless you know how to fix it yourself. Have a good day and a merry Christmas or whatever you celebrate:)

6 hours ago, [DE]Rebecca said:

I have tried doing this several times as well as resetting the console and nothing. Still can’t ascend. Please help.

I literally cannot play the game no joke, im just stuck in the orbiter unable to craft, start missions, change frames or weps, and worst of all i cannot click on the options tab to reset my binds. I tried mouse and keyboard but when i click on controller setting it says i need a controller, but again i cant confirm anything. My jump button is LT(which only jumps or opens chat, still cant ascend ethier). My A button does literally nothing and i cant change it since i cant open the binds screen. 

In summary. Im stuck with LT as jump and the open chat button. My A button has no bind so I cant confirm anything because it requires the A for the OK.

Hopefully this can be a quick patch or something cause i wanna get back to new war. Loving it so far. Ty for reading.

7 hours ago, [DE]Rebecca said:

Guess I'll wait till next update to play New War

I am quite used to my custom control bindings

and would like to Enjoy the quest fully -without having to handicap myself by resetting to unfamiliar controls

Please Hurry.

14 hours ago, [DE]Rebecca said:

How does something like this gets past QA? you don't have any tester doing it on a controller?

I remember the second dream, controller was unplayable on launch on pc, but now you guys are releasing simultaneously on consoles.... Well I hope the next update is smooth sailing on gamepad

7 hours ago, (XBOX)Janaidian said:

For those of you still struggling with this issue I found a work around. In controls select A and add the move up option to it, for some reason this command isn't bound to any control so that's why your not moving up. Hope this helps a few of you.

Thx this worked

15 hours ago, [DE]Rebecca said:

Idk if this is what you`re talking about but their is an issue with ascending when using archwing. After the update before this one, my key bindings had it to where X was to ascend but now it doesn`t work. If this is not what you`re talking about please fix this issue.

17 hours ago, [DE]Rebecca said:

I've  reset and then restarted and it's still not working. So I'm off to bed. *thumbs up*

Other then this it's been a phenomenal update. *lots of love*

Il y a 8 heures, (PSN)bloodknight_bk a dit :

just in case your having he same problem i did. its not just resetting the options to defaults.  you have to go to options>customize controller>then click the button to reset to defaults.  i completely misunderstood their instructions.   but i hope this helps someone.

Same for PC: the global "defaults" button do not reset key bindings, you have to go to "customize key bindings" and only from there clic on the "defaults" button! Worked for me! GL Tennos :)

4 hours ago, Cbunn said:

How does something like this gets past QA? you don't have any tester doing it on a controller?

I remember the second dream, controller was unplayable on launch on pc, but now you guys are releasing simultaneously on consoles.... Well I hope the next update is smooth sailing on gamepad

No, they don't

not being sarcastic; I've talked to someone who used to be a tester for WF...

Archived