I'm tired of being carried, what to do?

Phoenixita

Question

Steams says i have clocked 130 hours in Warframe, and yet i feel i just barely progressed in power after 60ish hours in. I have just finished a match in the index where i contributed to absolutely nothing, just "stealing" the ground credits and depositing them once or twice of them at time, while doing absolutely no damage to lv 50 enemies. And 90% of matches where i farm something it's the same, i'm being carried. I get how vets get frustrated for having to carry people in quests theyb would like to finish in much less time, but even being carried is no fun, at all. Now , to give you some info, i'm MR 8, just unlocked the umbra warframe, wich comes with both frame and weapon potatoed. ANd i feel like i do more damage with them than any other set, surely because they are potatoed. My other warframes are : Mag, Equinox Prime, Nidus Prime, Loki. I use Vitality, redirection, steel fiber, vigor and an aura that matches with the polarity of the frame. For weapons, i have heard Hek is very powerful, but i don't see it at all, it doesnt 1shot even lv 40 enemies, while with my soma and baza i need to use a full magazine to shot 1 lv 40 enemy. MOds for weapons i'm using: Hek : Point blank maxed, Hells chamber maxed, CHilling reload rank 3. Soma : Vital sense rank 2, Serration rank 8 (dont have endo nor credits to upgrade further), split chamber rank 5, point strike rank 5. Baza : Serration (8) , split chamber maxed, Infected clip rank 

These are my current weapons, i have sold all low mastery trash except weapons coming from quests. I honestly have no idea to what to do to do "early-end game" stuff. Potato? find better mods? i dont want to use rare resources on weapons i will trash in few weeks. Sorry for the long post, but the experience is becoming very frustrating when i do no damage in whatever meta content

14 hours ago, Phoenixita said:

Ok but i still want to know how to progress e.e

make a neat gun for the people that are still alive.

but yeah make a gun put in lots of forma, I would highly recommend a primary kitgun from fortuna since they are one ofthe better guns in the game and can be socketed with unique arcanes.

if you want an easier to acquire equally powerful weapon try get a kuva lich /sister weapon, tough I can't tell you which will match your playstyle.

Edited by _Anise_

Guys is overframe gg tier list accurate? then the only weapon i like from s tier is ignis wraith. I want some assault rifle but they seem to be considered a tier at best. SHould i just go for ignis wraith build?

1 hour ago, Phoenixita said:

Guys is overframe gg tier list accurate?

In Terms of Popularity... Yes.... In terms of Performance.... Not even Close....

I want some assault rifle but they seem to be considered a tier at best.

I never used it myself but The Tenet Flux Rifle should be pretty Good.... Atleast that's what I hear....

The Zenith is also pretty Good but that Rifle is locked behind 100 Log Ins... 👀

SHould i just go for ignis wraith build?

I would focus on Levelling up my Mods.... Then you can Decide for yourself which Weapons are good.... If you have Forma and Capacity 😱 !!!

2 hours ago, Phoenixita said:

Guys is overframe gg tier list accurate? then the only weapon i like from s tier is ignis wraith. I want some assault rifle but they seem to be considered a tier at best. SHould i just go for ignis wraith build?

Ignis Wraith is an OK weapon. At lower levels it's really strong, but it's definitely not S tier. Reason assault rifles aren't considered the best type of weapon is they are all single target unless you put punch through on them. Ignis Wraith is a flame thrower that deals AoE damage to all enemies in front of you. It has decent range, a large ammo capacity and it is easy to use. Ignis Wraith blueprint drops from Railjack missions or you can get it for free from a player since some clans were able to get the blueprint in their dojo and get it there for almost free. Some people sell it for plat, but I wouldn't pay plat for that.

Honestly just give the fulmin a go: https://warframe.fandom.com/wiki/Fulmin

Buy the blueprint from the market and build it. As long as you have access to Jupiter (Hexenon) and Void (Argon Crystal) you can build this weapon.

2 minutes ago, Phoenixita said:

First of all i want to thank @Uhkretor for many suggestions he has given to me and for sharing his stradavar build. Also @RazerXPrimei will try fulmin, but cannot find any updated build on overframe.gg, and i don't trust the ones with little upvotes. 

Here's mine. It's a 5 forma build, but I would start off with simply adding Serration, Toxin and Cold to create viral. The 60/60 rare mods are best, but if you don't have them just use the normal 90% damage ones. Once you have room add critical hit chance and damage mods. Lastly hunter munitions will help tear anything above level 50 since it adds bleed chance when you crit.

bL2q5MB.png

On 2022-01-14 at 3:27 PM, Phoenixita said:

Steams says i have clocked 130 hours in Warframe, and yet i feel i just barely progressed in power after 60ish hours in. I have just finished a match in the index where i contributed to absolutely nothing, just "stealing" the ground credits and depositing them once or twice of them at time, while doing absolutely no damage to lv 50 enemies. And 90% of matches where i farm something it's the same, i'm being carried. I get how vets get frustrated for having to carry people in quests theyb would like to finish in much less time, but even being carried is no fun, at all. Now , to give you some info, i'm MR 8, just unlocked the umbra warframe, wich comes with both frame and weapon potatoed. ANd i feel like i do more damage with them than any other set, surely because they are potatoed. My other warframes are : Mag, Equinox Prime, Nidus Prime, Loki. I use Vitality, redirection, steel fiber, vigor and an aura that matches with the polarity of the frame. For weapons, i have heard Hek is very powerful, but i don't see it at all, it doesnt 1shot even lv 40 enemies, while with my soma and baza i need to use a full magazine to shot 1 lv 40 enemy. MOds for weapons i'm using: Hek : Point blank maxed, Hells chamber maxed, CHilling reload rank 3. Soma : Vital sense rank 2, Serration rank 8 (dont have endo nor credits to upgrade further), split chamber rank 5, point strike rank 5. Baza : Serration (8) , split chamber maxed, Infected clip rank 

These are my current weapons, i have sold all low mastery trash except weapons coming from quests. I honestly have no idea to what to do to do "early-end game" stuff. Potato? find better mods? i dont want to use rare resources on weapons i will trash in few weeks. Sorry for the long post, but the experience is becoming very frustrating when i do no damage in whatever meta content

It's sounds as if you're progressing too fast.

As for "early game trash", that's a soiled opinion from content creators. You need to focus on weapons / warframes that you prefer to use. Choose one warframe, and your three weapons, to build up and unlock the game. After that, you can unlock certain weapons for certain tasks - such as a sniper rifle for Eidolon hunting, or archwing for the space bullsh*t.

Focus on opening the star chart, and the missions you gain from the junctions. Open Cetus and Fortuna, and the missions they give you. Farm mods and find those "hidden" weapons. 

Use overframe (builds) and the warframe wiki (info).

Do events, such as the Ghoul Purge, when it comes around.

Take your damn time. Master Ranks only matter between MR 5 - 7 to unlock the game. After that, it's how crazy you want to get. 

• Like 1

Am 15.1.2022 um 05:05 schrieb Uhkretor:

... I think you should review what Viral does...

And it was to much for you to say it was the old proc, the new are dealing more dmg to health¿ 

But if you want it from me - Viral deals up to 325% (10 stacks for max dmg) more dmg to enemys health. 

22 hours ago, Phoenixita said:

Accurate- not very. The weapons near the top are generally better than the weapons near the bottom, but specific tiers are very, very debatable (and are frequently debated at great length).

It's also not that important- with enough investment, most weapons can handle most of the content in the game. Some require significantly more investment than others, of course, and there are specific tasks for which specific weapons really shine, but it's important to have weapons you enjoy using. Using something you don't like, because other people have told you it's better, is a really good way to ruin your enjoyment of the game.

Also, use the tools at your disposal to test stuff and learn what works for you. The Simulacrum has flaws, but it is a useful place to compare and iterate on build ideas. Running endless missions for several rotations can be a fun way of seeing where a particular build starts running into trouble as enemy level scales.I like survival for this, but anything works (disruption's probably the best for testing, because levels scale faster, but I find that much more stressful).

Others have given good advice. Advice can also be a bit subjective, so I will give some too. Just general advice. Again, bare in mind, what we all can enjoy is subjective as well, so try to do what you enjoy, and if what I suggest doesn't sound enjoyable, obviously don't do it... 

- Maybe you should try go slower and not worry too much about being carried by others. It sounds like you do not have the resources to just put a Catalyst into every gun, nor free choice over every gun. In random groups, you are going to come across people who have a Catalyst, Galvanised Mods, Prime mods, multiple forma, a Riven, on every single weapon they have, are probably using one of their favourite guns, they probably know the general tile set arrangements off memory, and are using a Frame as kitted out, with Corrupted Mods, Arcanes, mods that probably make them faster, if they aren't already using a fast frame. It would be impossible for you to keep up... don't feel bad, it took a lot of time and resources for players to get there. If you like Warframe enough generally, you will eventually get there as well. 

- I agree with the person who said that about going solo in an Exterminate. Test out different guns, find out which ones you like the feel off. If you enjoy it, even if it doesn't seem effective, you will be able to invest it enough to make it viable for Star chart at the least. It will also probably give you learning experiences. Hek is strong, but you need to put a Catalyst in it, and mod it well. That being said, I am personally a bit iffy on it being a good beginner weapon. It can be, definitely for some... but Warframe being often hordes of enemies, have factions like Infested... not every persons playstyle will find Hek appealing, I think. I do think you could like Ignis Wraith, Fulmin better. Possibly. 

- Oh and by going solo, I don't mean permanently. I just also assume you do not have access to Simulacrum yet? Thats a place from Cephalon Simiaris, where you can test your builds against enemies. Which can be good, because you can test out different weapons, see what statuses do in real time, see how different weapon buffs can work, see why slash is considered popular but gas less so, learn how to maybe make gas viable on some niche builds, and so on... solo Exterminate missions can be an alternative or substitute, but you basically what to build up your own game sense and knowledge, so you can make the best decisions and choices around your own personal playstyle. 

- Alternatively if all that sounds boring to you, master enough weapons and Frames to get to MR9 to get an Ignis Wraith, get Nezha or Wukong and then work towards getting a Bramma, Zarr, Ogris, etc.. Nezha and Wukong can be tanky, but also fast. Personally that playstyle sort of bores me, but its a popular one. Also dull your energy colours on the weapon if you do, do that, please. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, (PSN)eXe-mplar said:

And it was to much for you to say it was the old proc

Whenever I open my mouth to say anything, people shut me down as mercilessly as they can.

... What best way to open my mouth now than to tell people to go review their knowledge, and study if anything is lacking or unknown?

Anyway, you know what Viral does now.

Edited by Uhkretor

14 hours ago, (PSN)eXe-mplar said:

And it was to much for you to say it was the old proc, the new are dealing more dmg to health¿ 

But if you want it from me - Viral deals up to 325% (10 stacks for max dmg) more dmg to enemys health. 

I dunno, I thought he was funny, because the old proc was from like 2 years ago.

On 2022-01-15 at 6:12 AM, Phoenixita said:

Guys is overframe gg tier list accurate?

Tier lists are always subjective, and for this game where the mods matter as much as the base stats and the mechanics behind how the weapon works also matter quite a bit, those tier lists are always going to be skewed.  I have a good laugh every time I see someone else's tier list anywhere, including ones that are aggregated from multiple sources.

There's definitely MR fodder weapons in the game, but for the most part, you can pick what you want and so long as you invest into your gear with forma, catalyst/reactor and good knowledge of how you're modding and why, you can clear the majority of the game with whatever.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, (NSW)Greybones said:

Aw man…

OP has been afflicted by the “Thing is non-optimal trash” illness. I foresee only an easy, most likely un-fun Warframe in their future

It's inevitable...if a game makes you feel this weak then it's Natural to want to start Power Tripping at the expense of Fun.... 👀

3 hours ago, Lutesque said:

It's inevitable...if a game makes you feel this weak then it's Natural to want to start Power Tripping at the expense of Fun.... 👀

It’s kind of amazing how the concept of “feeling weak” differs from player to player; like I enjoy getting into the face of the enemy and twisting the knife in their stomach when they seek to tear me down, and that’s an incredible rush of a powertrip.

Mass explosions are just so… 🤔 impersonal

That said, to each their own

• Like 1