Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

I'm tired of being carried, what to do?

Phoenixita

Question

Steams says i have clocked 130 hours in Warframe, and yet i feel i just barely progressed in power after 60ish hours in. I have just finished a match in the index where i contributed to absolutely nothing, just "stealing" the ground credits and depositing them once or twice of them at time, while doing absolutely no damage to lv 50 enemies. And 90% of matches where i farm something it's the same, i'm being carried. I get how vets get frustrated for having to carry people in quests theyb would like to finish in much less time, but even being carried is no fun, at all. Now , to give you some info, i'm MR 8, just unlocked the umbra warframe, wich comes with both frame and weapon potatoed. ANd i feel like i do more damage with them than any other set, surely because they are potatoed. My other warframes are : Mag, Equinox Prime, Nidus Prime, Loki. I use Vitality, redirection, steel fiber, vigor and an aura that matches with the polarity of the frame. For weapons, i have heard Hek is very powerful, but i don't see it at all, it doesnt 1shot even lv 40 enemies, while with my soma and baza i need to use a full magazine to shot 1 lv 40 enemy. MOds for weapons i'm using: Hek : Point blank maxed, Hells chamber maxed, CHilling reload rank 3. Soma : Vital sense rank 2, Serration rank 8 (dont have endo nor credits to upgrade further), split chamber rank 5, point strike rank 5. Baza : Serration (8) , split chamber maxed, Infected clip rank 

These are my current weapons, i have sold all low mastery trash except weapons coming from quests. I honestly have no idea to what to do to do "early-end game" stuff. Potato? find better mods? i dont want to use rare resources on weapons i will trash in few weeks. Sorry for the long post, but the experience is becoming very frustrating when i do no damage in whatever meta content

If you just want the meaningless %dmg dealt stat to go up, do what every scrub does an just get a kuva bramma/zarr and spam it at your feet.  /onlypartlysarcastic

in general shotguns like the hek are trash in the current AoE fest. Even soma, baza etc being largely single target weapons aren't going to keep up.

Most nikanas & slash-based pole arms can be made fairly powerful with little investment for melee madness.

Of the frames you have Mag And Equinox if built right should be more than capable of contributing in almost any mission type - I'd start with looking at builds & playstyles for those two that suit your fancy.  Umbra, Nidas and Loki it will be harder to contribute much (not impossible, just not imo as general purpose as the other two).

3 minutes ago, Phoenixita said:

Ok but i still want to know how to progress e.e

Well this all has to do with experience. Which on the one hand you'll have to gain the hard way. By trying things out and obtaining new equipment.

Unlike what isbergen states, weapons and frames do matter. But what's more important is how you equip and utilize them. It may be a good idea to join a clan and find people who can help you out. Warframe has so much stuff going on and a pretty steep learning curve for starting players it would be impossible for anyone here to give you a conclusive answer that helps you right away.

Have you checked out modding? There's plenty of modding tutorial video's out there. Some are a bit lengthy but they will explain things in great detail. If your issue is dealing damage then a couple things should be your focus point.

1. Your weapons. You are MR8, at that point you should look into weapons like the Fulmin and the Atomos. They can carry you through higher level content. There's more weapons, but these two are pretty easily obtainable and pack a punch at low MR. Also you can have a look at Kitguns as they have no mastery rank requirement iirc. The Gaze secondary and the Vermisplicer primary are very good weapons, but the top of the list for blowing stuff up as quickly as possible is the Sporelacer secondary. That thing is just stupidly powerful and doesn't require a whole lot of mods to be strong. Do note that you'll need to rank them up to 30 and then "Gild" them and rank them up to 30 again. Some will require a few forma in them to be strong.

2. Modding. Mods make or break things in this game. There's a crap ton of them and stuff you have picked up in the beginning aren't the best of them. Check nightmare missions for special mods and if you're up for it check corrupted mods on Deimos in the Vaults. You'll need to build vault keys though.

3. Your frames. Some frames require skill to play, while others do not. Best to pick a frame that does things you like and build them around that. There's a lot of different ones. Umbra is good, but he doesn't really amplify much other than melee play. Which, if you like melee is great. Melee is still broken, so even with crappy builds you should be able to kill level 50s.

4. Skill. Important, because even with less than optimal builds a skilled player will be able to do more. Practice and play. Do not let yourself be carried because then you learn absolutely nothing and you stay a noob forever. This is truth.

The hek will definitely be able to carry you through the star chart at least, but to get any power out of your weapons you're going to need to at least put a catalyst in, maybe a few forma. On the Hek though the most important mod is Scattered Justice, which gives you 200% multishot and is obtained from Steel Meridian. Try to put elements on it as well, corrosive (Toxin + Electric) is the best for the Hek. If you can, get Blaze as well (from nightmare missions), which will give you 60% damage and 60% heat. As it is now, you just don't have enough good mods on your weapons to make them deal a ton of damage.

Also, don't bother with maxing out the expensive mods right now, the damage increase is not worth the endo cost. Get the expensive ones (the ones with 8 or 10 ranks) to 1 or 2 ranks from max and then move on to other mods until you're in a position where you have enough ranked mods to make decent builds.

10 minutes ago, Angry_Burg said:

The hek will definitely be able to carry you through the star chart at least, but to get any power out of your weapons you're going to need to at least put a catalyst in, maybe a few forma. On the Hek though the most important mod is Scattered Justice, which gives you 200% multishot and is obtained from Steel Meridian. Try to put elements on it as well, corrosive (Toxin + Electric) is the best for the Hek. If you can, get Blaze as well (from nightmare missions), which will give you 60% damage and 60% heat. As it is now, you just don't have enough good mods on your weapons to make them deal a ton of damage.

Also, don't bother with maxing out the expensive mods right now, the damage increase is not worth the endo cost. Get the expensive ones (the ones with 8 or 10 ranks) to 1 or 2 ranks from max and then move on to other mods until you're in a position where you have enough ranked mods to make decent builds.

I personally didn't like the Hek. I would opt for other weapons, but there's plenty of people that love this weapon. Too slow for me and no AoE. But if built right it can one shot decently levelled enemies.

That's a good modding tutorial. I've suggested that one to others as well.

Run missions like exterminate solo.

You'll get a better idea of what weapons and mechanics in this game specifically you like.

Then you can play with the mechanics that allow you to actually get strong and deal more damage. 

Also get in the habit of checking out your squad mates. When you press start and hover over their names you can see what everyone's loadout is.

Notice "NinjaAce69" is killing everything is a couple shots see what he brought to the party. 

28 minutes ago, RazerXPrime said:

I personally didn't like the Hek. I would opt for other weapons, but there's plenty of people that love this weapon. Too slow for me and no AoE. But if built right it can one shot decently levelled enemies.

That's a good modding tutorial. I've suggested that one to others as well.

Yes i'm not a fan of shotgun in games in general. I Always liked automatic rifles or other weapons

12 minutes ago, Phoenixita said:

WHat you mean guys by "gilding"?

Gilding is the process of ranking something, then paying a fee to a vendor (e.g. Hok on Cetus) to "gild" it and get a minor increase in the stats, then you get to rank the weapon again (this time gaining MR). It's basically a sham way for DE to increase the grind.

BTW, use whatever frame you want, if you have enough skill with the frame and the mods for it you can use literally anything to get through the star chart and even into steel path. There are meta frames, but just pick what you like.

p.s. When you get to MR9 you can get the Ignis Wraith. It will carry you well into endgame. Just don't pay for it. If your clan does not have it in their dojo then find a clan that does, or watch trade chat for those giving it away.

5 minutes ago, Phoenixita said:

WHat you mean guys by "gilding"?

Gilding applies to Kitguns specifically. When you build one it you cannot add a catalyst nor forma it. When you get to rank 30 with it then you go back to Rud Zuud in Fortuna or Father in the Necralisk and you talk to them to gild the weapon. This amplifies the base stats of the weapon, adds a polarity to it and also allows you to put a catalyst in them and to forma them. Although Gilding resets them to rank 0.

21 minutes ago, Angry_Burg said:

Kitguns are strong, but the gilding process is such a pain, and playing with a gimped weapon feels terrible. I can't imagine them having a good time with it before it gets gilded, so they'd probably have to look at getting carried through an affinity farm (which they probably wouldn't want) in order to rank it so they can gild it.

But the fulmin is good (though you'll have to farm argon), and although I never bothered with it I've heard the atomos is good (though also argon).

The Sporelacer is good even ungilded without mods :D

7 minutes ago, Phoenixita said:

Yes i'm not a fan of shotgun in games in general. I Always liked automatic rifles or other weapons

The fulmin has two modes which you can switch on the fly. One is a good assault rifle mode and the other is a short range AoE shotgun blast that has body punch through, this mode is also silent!. It's a very versatile weapon and will let you play all sorts of missions.

8 minutes ago, RazerXPrime said:

Gilding applies to Kitguns specifically. When you build one it you cannot add a catalyst nor forma it. When you get to rank 30 with it then you go back to Rud Zuud in Fortuna or Father in the Necralisk and you talk to them to gild the weapon. This amplifies the base stats of the weapon, adds a polarity to it and also allows you to put a catalyst in them and to forma them. Although Gilding resets them to rank 0.

The Sporelacer is good even ungilded without mods :D

Yeah, and the explosion and slowly falling little bomblets that also explode... Mr. Torque approves:-)

Also looks pretty with good colours. And can use auto reload arcane... And poison build oneshots SP corpus:-) Best Kitgun ATM. 

Archived