Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

PSA: Protovyre Armor fix for parts progression

[DE]Momaw

Hello Tenno!

Today I have information for you related to the Protovyre Evolving Armor set! There are two sections to go over: The story so far, and upcoming changes.

The Protovyre armor set was released along with Caliban for The New War (Update 31) and consists of three separate parts: a chest piece, arms, and legs. We offered these in bundles that offered all three parts together, or as separate purchases for players that only wanted one specific piece of the armor.  As you kill Sentient type enemies while wearing the armor, you earn progress toward earning the Protovyre’s evolved Emergent and Apex forms.  The new parts that you earn would be delivered to your Inbox.

It turns out that there was a problem with this new system however. Players who had only purchased one of the Protovyre parts were getting the entire evolved set when they completed its ranking up challenge.

So with our next update we will be correcting in the following ways:

1. Players who have evolved Protovyre parts in their account but did not purchase the base version of the part, will have the evolved versions removed
  2. Challenge progress related to unlocking the evolving armor will not be affected.
  3. Buying an armor part that you’ve already completed the Challenge for will give you the evolved parts you’ve earned immediately.

In simple terms, no one's progress is being taken away, just the items that were accidentally distributed. Should you choose to reinvest in a piece of Protovyre armor, you’ll keep all the progress you made!

Update

This process completed on Feb 9 2022

Just now, ZPaul said:

It's just a couple pieces of platinum just donate armor sets 🙈

DE is quite generous and usually lets people keep things when they are accidentally given something, but in this case it is important to reverse it to respect the investment of those who paid for all of it. 

Well that's okay DE, human sometimes make an error. Thanks for your information. Hopefully those who got full set without buying the basic parts will understand. These also not fair for people that already buy full set if the problem not fixed. Meanwhile people that already got full set without having the basic parts have already try the evolve one, so they should be grateful if they decided not to reinvest again. :)

1 hour ago, Lord_Khaavren said:

i'm surprised there isn't anything in regards to the ability to evolve the armor in the similacrum.

Some content creator already done this and leads to the mass utilization of what it might be called "exploitation". Since there is no prior information about this from DE before and after the item was distributed, I think they shouldn't blame people that already used the method. But if they decided to roll it back it shouldn't be a big deal.

• 2 weeks later...
On 2022-01-26 at 5:23 PM, ToKeSia said:

then how about ppl who bought whole set ? should they refund ?

Naw, just give them some free Forma or Legendary Cores.

(or give those items to the players who end up having the armor parts removed)

this is typically how DE handled accidental item acquisition in the past, for example when people got mods that weren't meant for release, etc. Deleted but get turned into a Core.

On 2022-01-26 at 5:09 PM, Tesseract7777 said:

DE is quite generous and usually lets people keep things when they are accidentally given something, but in this case it is important to reverse it to respect the investment of those who paid for all of it. 

Usually I'd agree with you about being generous, but in this specific case I have to disagree. During the tennocon art panel they specifically said this armor set would be a reward for completing the quest, then without a heads up moved it over into a purchase. If they hadn't specifically said it was a quest reward I wouldn't have an issue with it, but this particular time I have an issue with it because I played through the entire quest to get the armor in the first place only to find out we've been lied to, and everyone is too afraid to call them out on it.

Edit: Just to clarify in case it wasn't obvious. I understand plans change. I have zero problems with them removing the armor as a reward and putting it up for sale. What I have a problem is being lied to, and when change of plans becomes a lie is when you don't let people know about the change of plans. They had months to put out a tweet or a post simply stating "That armor we said was a quest reward during tennocon is actually a shop item" I would have no issues.

On 2022-01-27 at 3:56 AM, [DE]Momaw said:

Hello Tenno!

Today I have information for you related to the Protovyre Evolving Armor set! There are two sections to go over: The story so far, and upcoming changes.

The Protovyre armor set was released along with Caliban for The New War (Update 31) and consists of three separate parts: a chest piece, arms, and legs. We offered these in bundles that offered all three parts together, or as separate purchases for players that only wanted one specific piece of the armor.  As you kill Sentient type enemies while wearing the armor, you earn progress toward earning the Protovyre’s evolved Emergent and Apex forms.  The new parts that you earn would be delivered to your Inbox.

It turns out that there was a problem with this new system however. Players who had only purchased one of the Protovyre parts were getting the entire evolved set when they completed its ranking up challenge.

So with our next update we will be correcting in the following ways:

1. Players who have evolved Protovyre parts in their account but did not purchase the base version of the part, will have the evolved versions removed
  2. Challenge progress related to unlocking the evolving armor will not be affected.
  3. Buying an armor part that you’ve already completed the Challenge for will give you the evolved parts you’ve earned immediately.

In simple terms, no one's progress is being taken away, just the items that were accidentally distributed. Should you choose to reinvest in a piece of Protovyre armor, you’ll keep all the progress you made!

Update

This process completed on Feb 9 2022

Hi DE,

Is there any updates regarding to the issue with 2nd evolution of Protovyre Armor sets? Is it only me?

After 375 sentient kills (for 20 -30 mins) with Orphix mission, the Protovyre Apex Armor is not delivered into my inbox after mission (unlike Protovyre Apex Ephemera and Protovyre Apex Syandana).
Currently, my Protovyre Emergent Armor sets stuck with 375/375 Sentient Defeated. I thought it is suppose to be 395 but I did another 20 and nothing happens.

Thank you for your attention.

3 hours ago, Zetoo94 said:

Hi DE,

Is there any updates regarding to the issue with 2nd evolution of Protovyre Armor sets? Is it only me?

After 375 sentient kills (for 20 -30 mins) with Orphix mission, the Protovyre Apex Armor is not delivered into my inbox after mission (unlike Protovyre Apex Ephemera and Protovyre Apex Syandana).
Currently, my Protovyre Emergent Armor sets stuck with 375/375 Sentient Defeated. I thought it is suppose to be 395 but I did another 20 and nothing happens.

yea mine hasn't even shown any advancement from any sentients I've killed since I evolved it to emergent.

On 2022-02-14 at 5:23 AM, Zetoo94 said:

Hi DE,

Same here but on the first evolution (95 sentients) :(

Archived