Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Opt out of or remove Steel Path Weekly

Smilomaniac

Hi, I'm one of the people who will likely never finish the Steel Path missions or engage in any of the content, frankly because it's a bulletsponge hell that pidgeonholes the gameplay into very specific builds, especially because it's next to impossible to find a random group to finish these.

My Nightwave grind has now come to a halt because I have two weekly's blocking the rest, namely 'finish 5 steel path missions' and '1000 steel path kills'.

Until you actually make an effort to balance all the content appropriately instead of haphazardly nerf whatever people use the most, this is not viable content, it's decidedly unfun.

Alternatively it's as easy as you giving people a daily reroll for these weekly missions. Not all content is viable for everyone and if you think it's supposed to be, you're deluded. Your content is nowhere near as good as you think it is and the more you look at the back-patting sycophant threads on this forum, the worse your game becomes. Nut up and fix your trash already.

12 minutes ago, Smilomaniac said:

Nut up fix your trash already.

... Just pointing out that ^this^ just threw your feedback's credibility out the window... And even if you edit the post just to remove it, my quote of it is proof of its existence...

That said, even if you're not interested in them, I'm just going to leave a few advises here...

• Exterminate Steel Path missions are what you should be doing for Nightwave, if that's the sole purpose of your Steel Path attempts and not the goodies being sold for Steel Essence in Teshin's shop...
    • In case of "Finish X different Steel Path missions", avoid endless missions.
  • "Pidgeonholing" gameplay into specific builds is something that the game does since the tutorial. It only becomes more apparent in Steel Path because, well, many people 1-shot everything in regular star chart.
    • You should explore elemental damage and their vulnerabilities, all of them, instead of blindly focusing on Viral and/or Slash... Unlike popular belief, neither Reload Speed or Fire Rate are your friends in Steel Path.

I'm not going to shove more advises your way because I'm 99.999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999% certain you're simply going to ignore my post & my advises so~... Good Luck...

45 minutes ago, Smilomaniac said:

My Nightwave grind has now come to a halt because I have two weekly's blocking the rest, namely 'finish 5 steel path missions' and '1000 steel path kills'.

The finish 5 steel path missions can be accomplished by focusing on missions that do not require killing enemies as the objective such as sabotage. 

For the steel path kills, there are some tricks you can use. Like try using pure toxin against corpus units to bypass shields. Use corrosive or gas against infested units. You will find that they die pretty easily. You can also equip the faction mods for additional damage if needed. It isn't as pigeonholed into using a specific build or get your damage up high enough as you think.

Another word of advice is to use the daily steel path incursions to find groups to help finish the missions if needed.

While yes it does force you into using certain builds there are still plenty of other nightwave stuff that also forces you to do that like the eidolon or index ones.

There are also plenty of people who will help you on the forums. If you want, you can post photos of your build in which people will be more than happy to help give you advice. There is also the chance that you probably aren't at that level yet to start doing steel path content.

16 minutes ago, XHADgaming said:

The finish 5 steel path missions can be accomplished by focusing on missions that do not require killing enemies as the objective such as sabotage. 

For the steel path kills, there are some tricks you can use. Like try using pure toxin against corpus units to bypass shields. Use corrosive or gas against infested units. You will find that they die pretty easily. You can also equip the faction mods for additional damage if needed. It isn't as pigeonholed into using a specific build or get your damage up high enough as you think.

Another word of advice is to use the daily steel path incursions to find groups to help finish the missions if needed.

While yes it does force you into using certain builds there are still plenty of other nightwave stuff that also forces you to do that like the eidolon or index ones.

There are also plenty of people who will help you on the forums. If you want, you can post photos of your build in which people will be more than happy to help give you advice. There is also the chance that you probably aren't at that level yet to start doing steel path content.

Requires you finish the missions before those, and you need 5 different ones. Not useful advice.

58 minutes ago, Uhkretor said:

... Just pointing out that ^this^ just threw your feedback's credibility out the window... And even if you edit the post just to remove it, my quote of it is proof of its existence...

Not at all, I'm sick of the direction the game has taken for the last several years, it's incredibly disappointing to see so many backpat developers for subpar development.
If you think I'm being a meanie head, that's too bad, so sad, I couldn't care less.

1 hour ago, Smilomaniac said:

Until you actually make an effort to balance all the content appropriately instead of haphazardly nerf whatever people use the most, this is not viable content, it's decidedly unfun.

I agree with you on this, SP can be really boring sometimes and a lot of content does force you into certain builds. But honestly you just gotta suck it up and do a low lvl SP capture or something, earth level missions are pretty simple, and that lvl grineer are simple to deal with, SP or not.

it's a bulletsponge hell that pidgeonholes the gameplay into very specific builds

Meanwile, Me playing with a very non-meta frame with a non-specific build, using very non-meta weapons and still killing everything in Steel Path.

especially because it's next to impossible to find a random group to finish these.

What region is your game connected to? If you arent playing in the North Americas, switch to it and you will easily find groups.

Until you actually make an effort to balance all the content appropriately instead of haphazardly nerf whatever people use the most

Yeah its easier to nerf enemies in a game people already complain is too easy then nerfing what makes the game trivial.

Alternatively it's as easy as you giving people a daily reroll for these weekly missions.

No because then it would be a Daily mission and not a Weekly one. You have 7 days to complete them, its way more than enough time.

Not all content is viable for everyone and if you think it's supposed to be, you're deluded.

Yes, not all content is viable for everyone, thats why people should NOT do content which is not viable for them, that includes you.

Your content is nowhere near as good as you think it is

Thats why the Feedback subforums exist, sadly not everyone has enough maturity to use it.

and the more you look at the back-patting sycophant threads on this forum, the worse your game becomes.

Well bashing the Devs certainly wont make the game any better and those tha back-pet the Devs usually acknowledge the difficulty it is to make and run a game as complex with a crew of around 300 in a non-triple A company for FREE.

Nut up and fix your trash already.

If the game is so trash, why are you here? You into dumpster diving?

@SmilomaniacAvoid Multi-Posting. The Forums has an EDIT feature in case you wish to add something that you missed.

Just now, BiancaRoughfin said:

Meanwile, Me playing with a very non-meta frame with a non-specific build, using very non-meta weapons and still killing everything in Steel Path.

What region is your game connected to? If you arent playing in the North Americas, switch to it and you will easily find groups.

Yeah its easier to nerf enemies in a game people already complain is too easy then nerfing what makes the game trivial.

No because then it would be a Daily mission and not a Weekly one. You have 7 days to complete them, its way more than enough time.

Yes, not all content is viable for everyone, thats why people should NOT do content which is not viable for them, that includes you.

Thats why the Feedback subforums exist, sadly not everyone has enough maturity to use it.

Well bashing the Devs certainly wont make the game any better and those tha back-pet the Devs usually acknowledge the difficulty it is to make and run a game as complex with a crew of around 300 in a non-triple A company for FREE.

If the game is so trash, why are you here? You into dumpster diving?

@SmilomaniacAvoid Multi-Posting. The Forums has an EDIT feature in case you wish to add something that you missed.

Not helpful, but thanks for bumping. Your opinion is discarded.

18 minutes ago, Smilomaniac said:

If you think I'm being a meanie head, that's too bad, so sad, I couldn't care less.

Nah, I don't think that at all.

You're doing a good job showing everyone what you are, I don't even need to do anything... Keep it up.

My advises are still there, but I couldn't care less if you follow them or not... "Eye for an eye" here and all that crap, but its like I said before: "Good Luck" whatever you choose and/or whatever you do...

Thus an example of why not everyone has the Maturity to use the Feedback forums.

Might want to level that at yourself. I'm not appealing to what you think is okay or not, I'm relaying information to the developers to keep in mind that normal content should not be mixed with another game mode. The fact that you think your quotewar of irrelevant opinions is helpful speaks to your lack of maturity and that you should probably refrain from replying to threads that aren't relevant to you.

I'm sorry to be the one to have to tell you that your opinion is not only irrelevant, but unwanted. Have a nice day, try not to bother anyone else.

Just now, Smilomaniac said:

I'm relaying information to the developers to keep in mind that normal content should not be mixed with another game mode.

You made no reference to "Normal Content" in your post, you are only complaining about a challenge you are unable to complete because you are incapable of playing the game-mode it requires then bashing on the Devs because you apparently suck at the game mode. You are also unable to understand and accept opinions of other players that goes against your own.

2 minutes ago, Smilomaniac said:

you should probably refrain from replying to threads that aren't relevant to you.

I do Both Nightwave Challenges and play Steel Path on a daily basis, i have also completed every single node in Steel Path practically in Solo without using any weapon or frame deemed Meta so this is a thread relevant to me.

You made no reference to "Normal Content" in your post, you are only complaining about a challenge you are unable to complete because you are incapable of playing the game-mode it requires then bashing on the Devs because you apparently suck at the game mode. You are also unable to understand and accept opinions of other players that goes against your own.

I do Both Nightwave Challenges and play Steel Path on a daily basis, i have also completed every single node in Steel Path practically in Solo without using any weapon or frame deemed Meta so this is a thread relevant to me.

Shaming people for not being good enough for the game, are we? That's a very interesting approach.

I highly recommend going to Reddit where your sort of conduct is appropriate and to not harass and badger other forum members, especially in a feedback section. Your post count is indicative that this is how you get your kicks and that you should probably touch grass. Sorry, your opinion is not helpful or wanted, you're a pest.

Might want to stop while you haven't been reported for what is obviously hostile behaviour.

2 minutes ago, Smilomaniac said:

Shaming people for not being good enough for the game, are we?

Im not shaming you, you already did that to your self with the topic and how you replied to other people in the topic.

3 minutes ago, Smilomaniac said:

I highly recommend going to Reddit where your sort of conduct is appropriate and to not harass and badger other forum members

I dont use Reddit but you appear familiar with it. Perhaps you should take to Reddit your self?

4 minutes ago, Smilomaniac said:

Sorry, your opinion is not helpful or wanted, you're a pest.

Apparently no one`s is.

6 minutes ago, Smilomaniac said:

Might want to stop while you haven't been reported for what is obviously hostile behaviour.

Dont worry, i took the liberty of asking the topic be locked already. Be well.

Im not shaming you, you already did that to your self with the topic and how you replied to other people in the topic.

I dont use Reddit but you appear familiar with it. Perhaps you should take to Reddit your self?

Apparently no one`s is.

Dont worry, i took the liberty of asking the topic be locked already. Be well.

Have it your way. Might want to reflect on your very, very poor behaviour.

3 hours ago, Smilomaniac said:

Have it your way. Might want to reflect on your very, very poor behaviour.

I wouldn't worry, due to your inability to understand basic human decency and manners you were already reported long ago. Multiple times for multiple unnecessarily ignorant and chilish posts actually. Your thread will likely be closed and your request forgotten about as it should be. We go back to enjoying the game and you'll get to sit there staring at the Steel Path missions blocking your progress, almost mocking you as they do it. Balance is restored.

24 minutes ago, (PSN)MYKK678 said:

I wouldn't worry, due to your inability to understand basic human decency and manners you were already reported long ago. Multiple times for multiple unnecessarily ignorant and chilish posts actually. Your thread will likely be closed and your request forgotten about as it should be. We go back to enjoying the game and you'll get to sit there staring at the Steel Path missions blocking your progress, almost mocking you as they do it. Balance is restored.

Report me all you want and then keep in mind that every reply I've made is to someone barging in being unhelpful and sidestepping the issue.
This is not about what I "can" do, it's about DE making a poor decision in their design to push a game mode that is not in line with the rest of the game, it is something extra, yet not a single person has remarked upon that and instead knee-jerk reacted their unwanted and unhelpful opinions. Don't agree? Tough, I don't want to hear it, nor do I care.

Don't mistake a knowledge of, or experience in etiquette for an indifference to people who are not worth my respect or time. You have to earn that and no matter how many people stand in opposition to me, it only drives me harder to call you out for your petty need to interject yourself somewhere, where it's clear that it's neither worthwhile nor appreciated.

Check what you wrote, because you've condemned an issue with a disagreement instead of applying the basic minimum of consideration.
Here are some forum tip for you son, if you see something you don't agree with? Ignore it. Every reply to this post made out of anger, like yours, only bumps this up and gives it more attention.
Don't like how someone is behaving? Ignore them instead of driving them on or risk getting stung.
Can't cope with someone who doesn't like something that you do? Confront your own bigotry and accept that people are different. I've made no calls for anyone to play differently, but I have a dozen antagonists mocking and making fun of me. I don't mind, in fact I relish the opportunity to hold a mirror up to your faces to show you what you are.

You should take your own advice and simply go back to the game and enjoy yourself.

36 minutes ago, Smilomaniac said:

Report me all you want and then keep in mind that every reply I've made is to someone barging in being unhelpful and sidestepping the issue.
This is not about what I "can" do, it's about DE making a poor decision in their design to push a game mode that is not in line with the rest of the game, it is something extra, yet not a single person has remarked upon that and instead knee-jerk reacted their unwanted and unhelpful opinions. Don't agree? Tough, I don't want to hear it, nor do I care.

Don't mistake a knowledge of, or experience in etiquette for an indifference to people who are not worth my respect or time. You have to earn that and no matter how many people stand in opposition to me, it only drives me harder to call you out for your petty need to interject yourself somewhere, where it's clear that it's neither worthwhile nor appreciated.

Check what you wrote, because you've condemned an issue with a disagreement instead of applying the basic minimum of consideration.
Here are some forum tip for you son, if you see something you don't agree with? Ignore it. Every reply to this post made out of anger, like yours, only bumps this up and gives it more attention.
Don't like how someone is behaving? Ignore them instead of driving them on or risk getting stung.
Can't cope with someone who doesn't like something that you do? Confront your own bigotry and accept that people are different. I've made no calls for anyone to play differently, but I have a dozen antagonists mocking and making fun of me. I don't mind, in fact I relish the opportunity to hold a mirror up to your faces to show you what you are.

You should take your own advice and simply go back to the game and enjoy yourself.

Im sorry you wasted your time but not one word of this was read. Not a single one. Looks pretty big but your meaningless rant will have to live on solely in your own head i'm afraid. If you weren't raised to talk to people with respect then your words should be forcefully removed. Luckily on forums that boils down to "not reading" so its pretty simple. All the "power" you thought you had suddenly crumbles into nothing, and now you're left as what you began as, nothing.

Just an FYI though, if you reply again i'll do everything i can in my reply to make sure the thread gets locked. Cant report the last reply or future ones because I haven't read em nor will, but i'll post a swath of vulgarity the likes of which you've never seen. Or maybe you have, who knows, you're not exactly stable.

Roll the dice kiddo

Just now, (PSN)MYKK678 said:

Im sorry you wasted your time but not one word of this was read. Not a single one. Looks pretty big but your meaningless rant will have to live on solely in your own head i'm afraid. If you weren't raised to talk to people with respect then your words should be forcefully removed. Luckily on forums that boils down to "not reading" so its pretty simple. All the "power" you thought you had suddenly crumbles into nothing, and now you're left as what you began as, nothing.

Just an FYI though, if you reply again i'll do everything i can in my reply to make sure the thread gets locked. Cant report the last reply or future ones because I haven't read em nor will, but i'll post a swath of vulgarity the likes of which you've never seen. Or maybe you have, who knows, you're not exactly stable.

Roll the dice kiddo

So you absolutely couldn't just stay in game and enjoy yourself, you had to keep spurring on the negativity. In other words, nothing you said to begin with was true.

6 hours ago, Uhkretor said:

I like apples.

I wonder if it works (99% chance it will).

If yes... it will be your proof.

Unless this board is as bad for as as for devs (or board mods) then they should have history of our posts.

5 hours ago, BiancaRoughfin said:
6 hours ago, Smilomaniac said:

Meanwhile, Me trying to kill infested Lich.... wait... Lich on infested planet and dies few times.

Your non-specific, non-meta things might be specific & meta for other person.

6 hours ago, Smilomaniac said:

Hi, I'm one of the people who will likely never finish the Steel Path missions or engage in any of the content, frankly because it's a bulletsponge hell that pidgeonholes the gameplay into very specific builds, especially because it's next to impossible to find a random group to finish these.

Here I agree with you. I don't like SP as well. I finished maybe one mission and haven't tried it since then (afair).

Orb mother or Profit taker is in my "hate list" as well. One get sudden 5 minute to finish after hours of killing. Other one bugged and haven't shown any enemies. Haven't touched them since then.

Eidolons are probably bullet sponges as well.

I could opt or reroll many challenges like this.

.... but I just don't do them.

Archived