Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Playing Lich with squad is the worst experience

Pzykdruhgs

Player1(mission starter) solves code and then has to just wait for the other players.

Other players upon the mission starters completion to Saturn have to sit through like 4 missions EACH usually to start their Lich:
Exterminate, Exterminate, Capture -> Defense (Spawn)

Player1 if sticking with supposed friends e.g. has to then wait through those 4 missions for each extra squadmate. AND THENSOME BECAUSE THE FIRST CODE CAN BE WRONG.

It's just a miserable experience. I get that it works somewhat well for jump-in-jump-out play style but then like what if friends have to go do things? If the other players finish their liches then the other player logs back in they just have to continue waiting if they all want to do Saturn again. It's just akward, idk.

I hate it for squad play anyways. Its just not a great experience..

If maybe we could set groups up somehow to 'lock in' with our current guesses and then any guesses on the host lich count as guesses for all the squadmates relics (as in, a correct guess makes a correct guess from the known relics for all squadmates) it would feel a lot less tedius. No idea how that would be accomplished though, example 1 person joined with 1 solved but one joins with 1 attempted solve, what happens? Tbh though would be so bad if the lich showed and the first player reveals their first 'one' again and it counts for the other player?

I'm not expecting it to change, I just want to vent.

7 hours ago, Pzykdruhgs said:

If maybe we could set groups up somehow to 'lock in' with our current guesses and then any guesses on the host lich count as guesses for all the squadmates relics (as in, a correct guess makes a correct guess from the known relics for all squadmates) it would feel a lot less tedius. No idea how that would be accomplished though, example 1 person joined with 1 solved but one joins with 1 attempted solve, what happens? Tbh though would be so bad if the lich showed and the first player reveals their first 'one' again and it counts for the other player?

You can do something similar by using the Oull requiem mod:

On 2021-10-11 at 12:25 AM, FrostedMike said:

To clear some info about this Oull mod.

• It's a "joker" kind of mod. Just use it instead of anything else.
  • Only one can be equipped at the time, like any other mod.
  • 3 uses for it, like any other requiem mod.
  • The way to get Oull requiem mod is by not using one. It counts as used only when performing the full requiem mod sequence right.
    • You will get the mod as mission reward after the final confrontation with the lich/sister.
    • There is a chance to get the lich/sister call beacon instead.
    • You will get neither if you used Oull.

Confirmed most of this information by actually testing it myself. I'm not sure how the reward works. It might be random between the mod and the beacon, but it might also be depending on vanquishing or converting. I only converted one sister so far and this is the only time I got a beacon.

@NadarejinYou didn't read at all I think. To be fair I was trying to type this while missioning so that's why it is very poorly written.

I'm saying if there was a way squads could lock in their current progress with a group so that everyones code is basically unlocked at the same time:
Mission starter gets code 1 right -> All squadmates code1 is now guessed correctly.* This is how it works solo anyways and then instead of players having to wait for each other squadmate/friend to get to Saturn level. All I'm saying is that the current way this system is approached disincentivises group play because instead of an hour lich run this can turn it into 4 hours/lich if you just want to hang with friends.

*Is there a way people can troll this system? Yes.. but unless the entire system is redone from the ground up this is better than the current iteration of just having players waiting around if/when we want to squad.

again

It's bad enough solo but even if I want to play with friends it's the most boring nightmare for everyone involved... and then the last mission is Railjack which was supposed to be a group thing. Were we expected to play 4hr runs per lich? Probably? Idk because I solod most liches which sped up my kills dramatically over people running groups... and I've helped single people in the past but when groups are 3-4 people it becomes the most sluggish thing in the game. A huge part of it stems from clients anger meter not moving while getting host thrall kills so that when group swaps host there are sometimes 2-4 'dead' missions for each extra player.. that alone would save a whole hour or so for a 4 person squad and boredom from running pure Earth and Mars missions - both of which often have far less than 10 thralls spawns for exterminates and captures because the tiles are so short. If the tiles were extended or something were written in so there's a high chance of the lich spawning at the 2:30 mark on those missions it'd ease that annoyance.

It's still the worst experience in the game by far (with squad).

Ah I see, now I understand. Yeah, farming murmurs then stabbing liches is indeed a long grind. What you can probably do for now with your friends is that you individually grind the murmurs with pubs to unlock the requiems. Then you agree at a time to squad up when it's the stabbing+unveiling part. Not an exact solution, but maybe it's something you can work with.

I kinda like lich hunting with friends. when your liches are on different planets, you can rack up loads of murmurs for your own lich without having to fight them, so you can know what all three doots are while the lich is still low level and do that trick where an Oull in slot 1 makes it much faster to determine what all three doots are.

Like you use the wild card in slot one, so there's a 1/3 chance that you're right on slot 2, and if you are then you can know with certainty what slot 3 is no matter whether the one you put in there was right or not. Than you'll know all three and you can put the Oull away and use the actual correct doots to banish your lich to Railjacques.

On 2022-02-25 at 8:14 PM, Pzykdruhgs said:

Player1(mission starter) solves code and then has to just wait for the other players.

Other players upon the mission starters completion to Saturn have to sit through like 4 missions EACH usually to start their Lich:
Exterminate, Exterminate, Capture -> Defense (Spawn)

Player1 if sticking with supposed friends e.g. has to then wait through those 4 missions for each extra squadmate. AND THENSOME BECAUSE THE FIRST CODE CAN BE WRONG.

It's just a miserable experience. I get that it works somewhat well for jump-in-jump-out play style but then like what if friends have to go do things? If the other players finish their liches then the other player logs back in they just have to continue waiting if they all want to do Saturn again. It's just akward, idk.

I hate it for squad play anyways. Its just not a great experience..

You could always Coordinate with your Squad.

agree that no one stabs their lich, until everyone's lich has reached max aggro and you can be assured for all 4 to appear back-to-back

thus keeping everyone on the same planet progress and not wasting missions where someone doesn't gain lich progress.

if your lich appears and no one else is ready, just down them 3 times without stabbing and they leave, without changing planets. There's no need to rush in. In fact it's good to let them linger, take that time to let them Spawn Thralls and gain Murmur Progress for Everyone.

Archived