Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

An Argument Against Helios....

Lutesque

So I've gotten so used to Swimming in Resources that I forgot how hard it was to get something like Plastids as a new player....

At first my focus was only to scan Plants for the Silver Grove Quests.... However due to having a Finite Number of Codex Scanners.... I decided to only Scan the Rarest Ones ... These would be Moonlight Dragon Lillie's and Sunlight Jade leaf's and Vestan Moss....

I did eventually Aquire the Sol-Battery Widget for Infinite Scans and just before I was about to Build Helios I got an idea....

Why don't I just keep only Scanning the rare Objects....

So whenever I found myself Low on things like Plastids and Neurodes I would just Scan the Resource Specific Containers.... Scan them enough Times and they will show up as Green Hilights once they Are Fully Researched while everything else remains Red...

From there I could just run through the Level spamming the Scan Scope and only Just looking for anything Green....

It makes parsing through the levels much much Easier..

This idea really shined in the Derelict when I was Farming Corrupted Mods because I could easily Find Feral Kavats just by looking for Small Green Quadrapeds...... 

So yeah.... 

If you ever wanted a reason not to use Helios.... This is it.... 👀

Alright Then.... Let's get the Obligatory Responses Out Of The Way:

1) "Why don't you just do Defense Or Survival on [Insert Planet] using Nekros' or whatever and get even more Resources that way ...  Or kill Sargus Ruk 50 Baljillion Times ?"

Well the whole point of Helios is that it works Passively while Doing Something Else.... Scanning only Specific objects is based around the Same idea.... I'm not Repeating the Same Missions Looking for the Resources I need.... I'm Knocking out Nodes while Getting Resources On The Side....

Seriously... I feel bad for the people who try to Farm Orokin Cells by Killing Bosses over and over again.....

Not only is this Boring but based on the amount of Cells I've Acquired using my own Method I think it's a Complete Waste Of Time... And that's really Saying Something because I don't even have A Smeeta Kavat yet... 😱

2) "Bruh... I have like 99 Billion Resources And I don't even know how I got them .."

Fascinating Story Bro.... 👍...

Also just Finished Building Khora... but I don't Have Slots to claim her.... 😭Working on these Syndicate hasn't left me with any time to Aquire Platinum and The Syndicate Grind has nothing of Value worth Selling.... I barely had enough Ducats to buy Voltaic Strike From Baro.... 😱

You gave me an idea, what if Helios had a setting which allows you to pick a specific enemy / object, and Helios would point it out for you if it gets in its scan range? There could be a waypoint (like with synthesis targets), or they could be coloured and shown through walls (like when you looks through the scanner), and there could be a notification sound too.

This would make Helios so useful! It's sad it becomes obsolete once you've scanned everything.

Maybe I'll post this idea in the dedicated section later, although I very much doubt I'm the first one to think of this.

2 hours ago, (PSN)Viveeeh said:

You gave me an idea, what if Helios had a setting which allows you to pick a specific enemy / object, and Helios would point it out for you if it gets in its scan range? There could be a waypoint (like with synthesis targets), or they could be coloured and shown through walls (like when you looks through the scanner), and there could be a notification sound too.

This would make Helios so useful! It's sad it becomes obsolete once you've scanned everything.

Maybe I'll post this idea in the dedicated section later, although I very much doubt I'm the first one to think of this.

this will probably become an augment for it i doubt de will rework the helios and implement this but it does sound like a good idea and i would personally love to have it in game

2 hours ago, (NSW)sickomodefries said:

this will probably become an augment for it i doubt de will rework the helios and implement this but it does sound like a good idea and i would personally love to have it in game

I doubt this would even happen because when DE was presented with a Perfect Augment for Helios...they Gave it to Oxylus instead because Reasons ? 

BotanistMod.png

2 minutes ago, Lutesque said:

I doubt this would even happen because when DE was presented with a Perfect Augment for Helios...they Gave it to Oxylus instead because Reasons ? 

BotanistMod.png

I don't understand this either. Maybe the folks at DE use Helios so rarely they forgot they already had a sentinel who scans stuff?

5 hours ago, Fallen77 said:

The mental gymnastic is through the roof here

I'm nothing if not Flexible... 😎

3 hours ago, Corvid said:

Helios already has a use past just scanning things. It can mark Sonar-esque weakpoints on fully-scanned enemies.

Ah but the question is is it as Effective as Banshee's Sonar ? Is it even better perhaps ? 👀

5 hours ago, (PSN)Viveeeh said:

I don't understand this either. Maybe the folks at DE use Helios so rarely they forgot they already had a sentinel who scans stuff?

The More likely explanation is Oxylus wasn't being used at all.... Turns out Free Luminous Dye is not an appealing Feature if people hate Fishing to begin with ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

14 hours ago, Lutesque said:

So I've gotten so used to Swimming in Resources that I forgot how hard it was to get something like Plastids as a new player....

At first my focus was only to scan Plants for the Silver Grove Quests.... However due to having a Finite Number of Codex Scanners.... I decided to only Scan the Rarest Ones ... These would be Moonlight Dragon Lillie's and Sunlight Jade leaf's and Vestan Moss....

I did eventually Aquire the Sol-Battery Widget for Infinite Scans and just before I was about to Build Helios I got an idea....

So whenever I found myself Low on things like Plastids and Neurodes I would just Scan the Resource Specific Containers.... Scan them enough Times and they will show up as Green Hilights once they Are Fully Researched while everything else remains Red...

From there I could just run through the Level spamming the Scan Scope and only Just looking for anything Green....

This idea really shined in the Derelict when I was Farming Corrupted Mods because I could easily Find Feral Kavats just by looking for Small Green Quadrapeds...... 

So yeah.... 

Huh

I have never heard of this strategy to find containers before.

I don't even bother looking for containers, I just run Carrier with Looter and Vacuum,  and just bullet jump everywhere

containers aren't even in my range of perception, they just passively break and resources appear

firing an AoE weapon constantly helps too

13 hours ago, (PSN)haphazardlynamed said:

I don't even bother looking for containers, I just run Carrier with Looter and Vacuum,  and just bullet jump everywhere

That's all well and good if you've been playing for a while.... Im still stuck with Taxon and my first Kubrow....

Luckily I have Limbo so I can Smash Every Container if necessary.... However I won't always be using Limbo in Every mission.

13 hours ago, (PSN)haphazardlynamed said:

Farming for the Kuva Bramma as we Speak... 👀 !!!

On 2022-02-26 at 6:35 PM, Lutesque said:

BotanistMod.png

Sadly it scan only once (it doesn't use 2x scan from Simaris). Keep that in mind when you want scan flowers for Earth "thingies".

On 2022-02-27 at 1:12 AM, (PSN)haphazardlynamed said:

Huh

I have never heard of this strategy to find containers before.

containers aren't even in my range of perception, they just passively break and resources appear

Looter is the reason I run Carrier 99% of time. It should pick ayatan stars (droped from lockers) as well.

On 2022-02-26 at 4:22 AM, Lutesque said:

So yeah.... 

Alright Then.... Let's get the Obligatory Responses Out Of The Way:

1) "Why don't you just do Defense Or Survival on [Insert Planet] using Nekros' or whatever and get even more Resources that way ...  Or kill Sargus Ruk 50 Baljillion Times ?"

Well the whole point of Helios is that it works Passively while Doing Something Else.... Scanning only Specific objects is based around the Same idea.... I'm not Repeating the Same Missions Looking for the Resources I need.... I'm Knocking out Nodes while Getting Resources On The Side....

Seriously... I feel bad for the people who try to Farm Orokin Cells by Killing Bosses over and over again.....

Not only is this Boring but based on the amount of Cells I've Acquired using my own Method I think it's a Complete Waste Of Time... And that's really Saying Something because I don't even have A Smeeta Kavat yet... 😱

2) "Bruh... I have like 99 Billion Resources And I don't even know how I got them .."

Fascinating Story Bro.... 👍...

Also just Finished Building Khora... but I don't Have Slots to claim her.... 😭Working on these Syndicate hasn't left me with any time to Aquire Platinum and The Syndicate Grind has nothing of Value worth Selling.... I barely had enough Ducats to buy Voltaic Strike From Baro.... 😱

The only purpose of Helios is to scan objects for your codex. Taking plant samples is a byproduct. Plants should be scanned by hand, and you'll eventually get the Simaris scanner with the x2 widget. 

Materials just don't come from nodes. They also can be found in containers, lockers, and drops from bodies. You can also gain them as rewards from open world bounties. Your so called "easy" way actually cuts down on the materials you could have looted.

You don't need to farm Bosses for materials. That's ridiculous. Ceres is covered in orokin cells, either by node or loot drops. Just look at the wiki to find the best way to farm each material that you need.

You can balance your time between the syndicates and farming relics. Hell, you can do something else. Warframe augment mods and the weapons can be sold to players, since not everyone is keen on grinding all 6 factions. Use fissure runs to level warframes/weapons while opening relics.

Work smarter, not harder.

5 hours ago, GrazeZeroLow said:

Materials just don't come from nodes. They also can be found in containers, lockers, and drops from bodies. You can also gain them as rewards from open world bounties. Your so called "easy" way actually cuts down on the materials you could have looted.

Yeah Right.... I'm missing out on so much Rubedo.... Oh no 😱 ... LoL....

Perhaps you got Lucky and Got Materials by Popping Random Crates and Killing Random Enemies....

In My Case I completed 3 Missions Back to Back Killing Everything I came Across and Smacking Open Every Crate and even Opening Every Locker without ever seeing a single Neural Sensor.... 

Mind you when you are only MR 4 you don't have the luxury of Bottom Less Energy and AoE Weapons that would make killing alot if Enemies all at once Practical.... I had to kill everything One At a Time....

It's Slow....

You don't need to farm Bosses for materials. That's ridiculous. Ceres is covered in orokin cells, either by node or loot drops. Just look at the wiki to find the best way to farm each material that you need.

I never said you did.... 😐

Me thinks Somebody didn't read the Original OP properly 🤔...

You can balance your time between the syndicates and farming relics. Hell, you can do something else. Warframe augment mods and the weapons can be sold to players, since not everyone is keen on grinding all 6 factions. Use fissure runs to level warframes/weapons while opening relics.

Work smarter, not harder.

That's exactly what I've been Doing.... Not sure where you got the idea I wasn't doing this Already... 🤔

On 2022-03-02 at 3:11 AM, Lutesque said:

Yeah Right.... I'm missing out on so much Rubedo.... Oh no 😱 ... LoL....

Perhaps you got Lucky and Got Materials by Popping Random Crates and Killing Random Enemies....

In My Case I completed 3 Missions Back to Back Killing Everything I came Across and Smacking Open Every Crate and even Opening Every Locker without ever seeing a single Neural Sensor.... 

Mind you when you are only MR 4 you don't have the luxury of Bottom Less Energy and AoE Weapons that would make killing alot if Enemies all at once Practical.... I had to kill everything One At a Time....

It's Slow....

I never said you did.... 😐

Me thinks Somebody didn't read the Original OP properly 🤔...

That's exactly what I've been Doing.... Not sure where you got the idea I wasn't doing this Already... 🤔

I read what you wrote, and responded accordingly.

I don't see the problem.

Archived