Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Chain Mod for Beam weapons

Yperkeimenos

Chaining Synapse, Phage, Phantasma, hubba hubba. 

Spoiler

Chaining Ignis Wraith, oh gawd please no.

45 minutes ago, taiiat said:

wouldn't the Continuous Weapons that don't currently chain, be better off getting a variety of features that make them different a useful, rather than making an entire Category of Weapons the same as each other?

This.

Whether such a feature will be implemented depends on the playerbase demand and usage of chaining weapons. There was a time when the Carrier sentinel was the only capable of collecting loot. That made it the go to companion for every mission. So DE instead of nerfing Carrier introduced Vacuum as a way to make every sentinel more useful. The same could be implemented for beam weapons, as well, by allowing them to have a broader AOE.

5 hours ago, (XBOX)Rez090 said:

Just add new chaining weapons instead of a mod. Surprised something hasn't been made already using electricity.

Ah, I see you've fallen through a temporal vortex and arrived here from the distant past. Traveler, you will be happy to learn that in 2014 DE will introduce their first electric chaining weapon. I don't want to give too many spoilers, but I think you'll find it pretty sweet.

21 hours ago, Tiltskillet said:

Ah, I see you've fallen through a temporal vortex and arrived here from the distant past. Traveler, you will be happy to learn that in 2014 DE will introduce their first electric chaining weapon. I don't want to give too many spoilers, but I think you'll find it pretty sweet.

What weapon are you referring to? I don't recall using any electric gun that chains like the Nukor/Atomos.

1 minute ago, Tiltskillet said:

It rhymes with whamprex and it's my jamprex, chains like a electric dominatramprex.

Last time I used the Amprex, it didn't chain like the Nukor/Atomos does. It only ever hit a single target for me, not hitting multiple if enemies were near.

On 2022-03-04 at 4:41 PM, Yperkeimenos said:

Hi all, I'd like to propose the introduction of a new mod that would allow beam weapons to chain like the Kuva Nukor or Atomos do. It would help some weapons, like the Gammacor, see more use and be more fun to play with.

I would support it as long as the effect is reduced on weapons that can already chain between enemies. If a weapon already has a Chain effect (Kuva Nukor/Tenet Cycron/Atomos) the effect will be capped at +1 Link, for Non-link beam weapons it would give +2~3 links. This mod should also not work on the Ignis/Wrath due to it having a large width.

On 2022-03-04 at 12:24 PM, taiiat said:

wouldn't the Continuous Weapons that don't currently chain, be better off getting a variety of features that make them different a useful, rather than making an entire Category of Weapons the same as each other?

Also, single-target weapons would benefit, in general, from buffing individual enemies and lessening the game's reliance on zerg rushing aside from where it makes sense, like in clearing out the infestation.

No way am I lining up headshots 200+ times to finish a Nightmare Exterminate.

Archived