Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

I just had a crazy idea

MistressMoonpaw

As Ive read over the upcoming patch features i stumbled upon the words "procedural missions seamlessly" and it got my mind rolling....

Now bare with me, this might not be possible in the Warframe game engine (yet) , but....What if you had a continous string of random missions that seamlessly go into one another.

Picture it like this: You start out with a random mission, Extermination in our example, and at the end of it the rewards for the exterminate mission go into the pool, Lotus tells you that theres a new objective and you then have 2 choices: 1) Leave (by going to an exit) and claim all the accumulated rewards or seamlessly move forward to the next mission, which is a capture mission. You capture the target, Lotus: "gg ez, next mission this way ->" loot gets added to the pool, next mission: 5 wave defense. All done, now its survive 5 minutes in this area, and so on and so forth.

In my opinion and would get rid of the monotany, it would be fast and dynamic (no long and tedious extraction, go back to navigation, wait for next mission to start etc) and it would be cool for players who JUST want to play, and not think about where to go and all that. Id love to see this in the game. I firmly believe it would be great.

I doubt it would work.  Even with known mission types with known reward pools, attempting long running missions is a crap shoot.  You end with people who want to stay 5 minutes vs people who want to stay an hour, and friction results.  Add in further possibility of the mission suddenly becoming a type you hate, and drop out rates through the roof.  The game type would be abandoned as soon as any exclusive rewards are doled out.

1 hour ago, MistressMoonpaw said:

What if you had a continous string of random missions that seamlessly go into one another.

Raids used to be like this and it would be cool if Sorties worked like this so players would have to better plan what to carry into the mission before starting.

4 hours ago, MistressMoonpaw said:

What if you had a continous string of random missions that seamlessly go into one another.

Well technically Railjack even thought you sit through masked loading screen its kind of like going into another mission without going back to orbiter. 

4 hours ago, MistressMoonpaw said:

Lotus tells you that theres a new objective

Closest thing to this is when Lotus gets all psycho and tells you to kill everyone during capture mission. But this would kind of be like endless missions but instead of defense or survival you'd cycle through random non endless missions.

Of course youd only get a new objective when your current mission is done. And each new mission is random of course. I still think it would be a great idea, if people can dynamically leave and join as it goes on. What I would appreciate about it the most is that i can just play warframe and maybe have some fun again. Extracting and restarting a new mission over and over again kills the game flow for me personally

You all seem to be missing the point I think. Im not talking about the mission changing while its still active. Youd only be given a new mission in the same session AFTER youve finished the current mission. You get the rewards and the option to extract or just keep going forward to the next random mission. In the same dynamic session. It would be a continous string of random missions without the hassle of extracting, making new squad, waiting for things to start again, drop an energy retore again, rebuild Nidus stacks, etc etc.

On 2022-03-13 at 12:06 PM, MistressMoonpaw said:

Of course youd only get a new objective when your current mission is done. And each new mission is random of course. I still think it would be a great idea, if people can dynamically leave and join as it goes on. What I would appreciate about it the most is that i can just play warframe and maybe have some fun again. Extracting and restarting a new mission over and over again kills the game flow for me personally

To be honest I don't think it would be great. People could join and leave immediately, leaving you doing mission alone.

7 minutes ago, MistressMoonpaw said:

thats why people would be able to join even after a number of missions had been completed already.

Yeah, but you don't know if someone will stay.

You can be in situation like this:

- Player A, B, C joins

- Player D want to join but you have full squad

- Player A leaves

- Players D is in another squad

- Seeing that A leaves, B leaves as well

- C leaves

58 minutes ago, quxier said:

Yeah, but you don't know if someone will stay.

You can be in situation like this:

- Player A, B, C joins

- Player D want to join but you have full squad

- Player A leaves

- Players D is in another squad

- Seeing that A leaves, B leaves as well

- C leaves

well i guess enjoy wasting 2 minutes with extraction and restarting between every mission then. Impossible to get warframe players enthusiastic about anything these days

20 hours ago, MistressMoonpaw said:

thats why people would be able to join even after a number of missions had been completed already.

'Join in progress' or 'JIP' is something i would have liked to see in this game for a long time as well.

Endless would be way better with it.

Something that's been suggested a lot in these forums along with individual extraction, but only one of these has been implemented so far.

Archived