Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Improvement on the new school tree.

Shafara

I wanna just say, seeing the new unairu focus tree still make me stay with zenurik considering how good energize dash is (if nothing changes).
In warframe, either you have no energy or too much energy, theres little to no room for middle ground energy economy 
Please do make every school to have at least 1 way to generate energy related to their 'identity' like what you did to Itzal blink.

Just some Idea. Number can be balanced later.
- Unairu can have the 'Rage' and 'Hunter Adraneline' build in
- Madurai can regenerate a little bit of energy on headshot kill. Stack twice or something
- Vazarin regen energy per every enemy stunned/crowd controlled/Sleep etc.
- Naramon can give small energy on melee kill and regenerate on heavy kill. Give AoE energy replenish on mercy kill.
- Nerf/removed zenurik dash to make the other school more appealing to pick and give zenurik a node with "X% chance for skill not to use energy" aura (applied to team as well)

3 hours ago, Shafara said:

I wanna just say, seeing the new unairu focus tree still make me stay with zenurik considering how good energize dash is (if nothing changes).
In warframe, either you have no energy or too much energy, theres little to no room for middle ground energy economy 
Please do make every school to have at least 1 way to generate energy related to their 'identity' like what you did to Itzal blink.

Just some Idea. Number can be balanced later.
- Unairu can have the 'Rage' and 'Hunter Adraneline' build in
- Madurai can regenerate a little bit of energy on headshot kill. Stack twice or something
- Vazarin regen energy per every enemy stunned/crowd controlled/Sleep etc.
- Naramon can give small energy on melee kill and regenerate on heavy kill. Give AoE energy replenish on mercy kill.
- Nerf/removed zenurik dash to make the other school more appealing to pick and give zenurik a node with "X% chance for skill not to use energy" aura (applied to team as well)

I rarely use zenurik. Just because you use it almost exclusively does not mean the same for others.

51 minutes ago, SpicyDinosaur said:

I rarely use zenurik. Just because you use it almost exclusively does not mean the same for others.

It doesn't tell us what you do (e.g. how many abilities are you using) and how you regenerate energy if you want.

You can run specter (I haven't tested it myself) or your teammate can be Protea. Your frame can have lot of HP so s/he can use Rage. You can use frame just for weapons not for abilities. So on and so forth.

1 hour ago, SpicyDinosaur said:

You have to see it form a "new-ish" player point of view. Zenurik fixes the game energy economy for many hundreds of hours. Before you have strong mods, resources to burn on energy pads and a. energize you are basically playing the game without abitlites. Yeah you can use them once in a while, but once you obtain zenurik, there is a huge spike where you go from "I shoot and fight with melee and I sometimes use my abilities tactically" to "I am a god".

DE could move that much needed utility Focus usually provides to the underused Status procs. My 2 cent ideas so Cold isn't just that thing that makes Viral:

Cold: Freeze
Reduces Movement Speed, Fire Rate, and Attack Speed by 25% for 6 seconds. Subsequent procs add 5% slow capping at 70% at 10 stacks. Below 5 stacks, enemy has 50% chance to drop small energy orb on Cold Proc with cooldown of 3 seconds.  At 5 stacks and higher, enemy has 50% chance to drop big energy orb on Cold proc with cooldown of 3 seconds.

Magnetic: Disrupt
Amplifies damage dealt to shields by 100%, nullifies shield regeneration and pulls nearby enemies within 5m for 6 seconds. Stacks up to 10 times, with subsequent procs increasing damage to shields by 25% to a total of 325% and pull radius by 1m to a total of 14m.

25 minutes ago, Cerikus said:

You have to see it form a "new-ish" player point of view. Zenurik fixes the game energy economy for many hundreds of hours. Before you have strong mods, resources to burn on energy pads and a. energize you are basically playing the game without abitlites. Yeah you can use them once in a while, but once you obtain zenurik, there is a huge spike where you go from "I shoot and fight with melee and I sometimes use my abilities tactically" to "I am a god".

Part of the reason why new players gravitate towards Rhino, Inaros and Wukong. Iron Skin and Celestial Twin basically last the whole mission after casting once. Without energy, Warframes are just sacks of ehp, so the correct answer is just to choose the chunkiest one.

12 hours ago, Cerikus said:

hmm that is a fair and valid way to put it. I know I used to regularly have to farm polymer bundles while I was grinding out my arcanes and focus with eidolons because I would regularly have to use energy pads.

TBH, I think the squad pads should be limited by time like steel path does across the board so that people who just lean on that have to get a little creative. Far too easy to just use pads and not think about it.

17 minutes ago, SpicyDinosaur said:

TBH, I think the squad pads should be limited by time like steel path does across the board so that people who just lean on that have to get a little creative. Far too easy to just use pads and not think about it.

Sure but few things:

- balance enemies

- I often spam few pads at once to get energy fast. Limiting them would just make it slower.

3 minutes ago, quxier said:

Sure but few things:

- balance enemies

- I often spam few pads at once to get energy fast. Limiting them would just make it slower.

it works fine in steel path. I spam energy pads in regular starchart missions, but I've slowed down due to doing SP and having to limit myself.

And there are so many mods that help already. Just being able to spam a resources that completely solves the problem alone that you can bring 200 of into any mission is too easy.

Not sure what you mean by balance enemies. That's a very broad statement.

Edit: also if you want energy fast in a mission throw preparation on your exilus slot. I love that mod.

7 hours ago, SpicyDinosaur said:

Just being able to spam a resources that completely solves the problem alone that you can bring 200 of into any mission is too easy.

I have energy, hp & ammo pads (I have shield pads but I don't think I have equipped them). I have them on B & N key. Little spam makes me survive certain situations however some situations may be unavoidable. It makes game easier a lot but it doesn't completely remove it.

8 hours ago, SpicyDinosaur said:

And there are so many mods that help already.

Edit: also if you want energy fast in a mission throw preparation on your exilus slot. I love that mod.

Sure but builds compete for certain features so it's not easy to fit them. My Grendel has 2 augments and to be honest I don't know how to make him powerful yet let him use his ball more. And to add more, you have other gear that could help but only Energize or Zenurik is easy to fit.

Preparation is just starting energy. It should be default. It won't fill my energy when I run out in the middle of mission.

Not sure what you mean by balance enemies. That's a very broad statement.

Yes it's very broad issue.

Lot's of methods of energy acquisitions are dependent on enemies.

Makes enemies hard to kill => less energy.

Spawn less enemies => less energy.

Certain frame(s) don't want to go to rampage to get energy.

Sometimes energy orbs won't spawn (more later).

So without balancing enemies to get orbs from them, nerfing pads would mean game would become another COD.

Archived