Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

What to do if I already have the Syandana/Skins?

Great.Dane

Question

With the Syandana and Skins, as well as the liset skins, will completing the missions just reward dupes or is there a different reward for those who already have the cosmetic items? Kinda like how the Nightwave system gives Nightwave credits instead of certain rewards if you already have them. 

16 answers to this question

You can do them if you want, but I don't think there is any real reason to play them. Honestly DE needs to release more stuff for the anniversary. They can release an entire armor set, ephemera, and glyphs for Tennocon but the anniversary just gets 1 new skin for the frame that already has enough skins and not releasing anything else giving you almost no reason to do the missions.

13 hours ago, Aazhyd said:

You get coins if you already own the item.

That's only for NW. They're asking about the anniversary stuff.

13 hours ago, Soy77 said:

i just did the dex nouchali syandana alert yesterday. i still just have one from last year.

Amusingly I still have a second dupe from years past.

1 hour ago, Hobie-wan said:

Yeah! Screw those new players who didn't start years ago!

...oh wait.

The Wisp Dex skin is brand new. Acting entitled isn't a good look. You're getting free stuff just for showing up (the skin) or doing a few easy missions.

lol, ok.

if that is your takeaway from my statement...i mean...yeesh, that says a lot more about you than it does me.

6 hours ago, cha0sWyrM said:

not for nothin' but reusing the same things every anniversary is a bad look for player retention. makes it seem like they dont keep many players around long enough to make switching the anniversary rewards up that important.

Yeah! Screw those new players who didn't start years ago!

...oh wait.

The Wisp Dex skin is brand new. Acting entitled isn't a good look. You're getting free stuff just for showing up (the skin) or doing a few easy missions.

On 2022-03-29 at 10:42 AM, Mazifet said:

Honestly DE needs to release more stuff for the anniversary.

you aint kidding.

not for nothin' but reusing the same things every anniversary is a bad look for player retention. makes it seem like they dont keep many players around long enough to make switching the anniversary rewards up that important.

12 hours ago, Soy77 said:

did you get them dupes on previous years?
if yes, we can confirm that they probably just changed it this year.

Yeah, the dupes are old, I've been playing since January 2016 so I've been through the anniversary many times. IIRC they cleaned them up a while back, but I still had 2 after that cleanup. I did run the mission for grins anyway and I didn't get an extra one from this year.

10 hours ago, Hobie-wan said:

That's only for NW. They're asking about the anniversary stuff.

Amusingly I still have a second dupe from years past.

did you get them dupes on previous years?
if yes, we can confirm that they probably just changed it this year.

but if you get them dupes this year, we can probably count it as just another bug in warframe's long list of bugs.
could be on your end, could be on my end. who knows. importantly, people who don't want dupes shouldn't do the alerts.

14 hours ago, (PSN)Viveeeh said:

I have seen someone mentioned here they were doing missions for cosmetics they already had. They were stuck with a duplicate item they couldn't get rid of. 

can confirm that right now it won't be the case -at least on pc.

i just did the dex nouchali syandana alert yesterday. i still just have one from last year.

2 hours ago, Great.Dane said:

oh, I know about redoing the weapon missions, I meant about just the cosmetics that I already have. I have dupes of the syandana from a year prior, and I was wondering if DE implemented a system to prevent that from happening again.

I have seen someone mentioned here they were doing missions for cosmetics they already had. They were stuck with a duplicate item they couldn't get rid of. 

2 minutes ago, Mazifet said:

I recommend doing them anyway. You still get the free weapon slots.

oh, I know about redoing the weapon missions, I meant about just the cosmetics that I already have. I have dupes of the syandana from a year prior, and I was wondering if DE implemented a system to prevent that from happening again.

Archived