Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Website logged me out

Myscho

On 2024-01-05 at 10:24 PM, SteveCutler said:

Happened yet again.

Also happened again, though why are you constantly getting it? Guess I’ll see you tomorrow when you get one of your third weekly kicks. Someday they’ll fix it… someday

10 minutes ago, Krilexis said:

My glyph didnt change since I changed it to the Winter Glyph X 3 years ago at least ahah. 

You got that glitch too? Same my glyph hasn’t changed either, though it was pretty recent compared to three years. 

5 hours ago, (XBOX)K1jker said:

Now it just didn't log me out, but also didn't allow me to log back in for weeks! Wtf DE 

Man, same. 

I actually missed the Forums a decent amount. Turns out I enjoy playing Warframe much more when I can talk about how fun, silly and weird it is, with others here. 

I wonder if it had something to do with Cross Save accounts or something. I was trying to figure out what it was too, since I could see that many PSN and X-Box players could still post, but many usernames I once recognised were different or without the PSN or X-Box tags, and I saw some people posting about that issue. 

Anyway, I really really hope it doesn't happen again, its frustrating, and... I hope all those that were affected by it as well, can post again. Since you know... if they are still affected, how can anyone know? Also, if this is my last post in the Warframe Forums ever, then let me take the opportunity to say this highly sensitive secret, before they take me out! So... the reason why Ballas created [INFORMATION REDACTED. CONNECTION DISRUPTED///SEQUENCE DESTABILISED, TRANSMISSION ACTIVATED. RAP TAP TAP].

• Like 2

6 hours ago, (XBOX)K1jker said:

Now it just didn't log me out, but also didn't allow me to log back in for weeks! Wtf DE 

… now that I think of it I haven’t seen you post in general for a while… that sucks, but welcome back

Happened to me, but thankfully not like yours

• Like 1

Going to go ahead and lock this as the thread is both old and seems to be derailing from the original sort-of-but-not-really-issue being reported.

The forums will auto-log-out players if they connect from a different device on a different IP (i.e. switching from a PC to a phone, if the phone is not on the same network as the PC), or (it appears) after a set amount of time, even if you are still logged in to the main site. This has to do with the forum software itself, Invision Community.

From what I've heard, it is an intentional feature help improve account security by reducing the risk of remaining accidentally logged in on a public PC or device. It also appears to be a function that cannot be disabled in the forum software itself.

Now, with regards to forum issues and logging in as it pertains to cross-save, this should be brought up in the cross-save related subforums, either under feedback or bug reports. General Discussion is not the place for feedback nor bug reports, as the developers do not come to this subforum to look for things to fix/update/address.

• Like 4