Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Revamping Sortie Rewards

Duality52

Currently, Sorties are mainly valued for their single ending reward. Rarely will the Sortie missions will be equally as rewarding (random Ayatan Sculpture, Rare Container, Eximus Stronghold Affinity farm, etc.).

Three suggestions to focus on to help deem Sorties to be rewarding for the time spent on the three missions:

• Reward Per Sortie Stage

Similar to the Bounties on the Open Worlds, have Sortie reward the player(s) per stage. Stage 1 will reward up Common-Uncommon. Stage 2 will reward up to Common to Rare, Stage 3 will reward up to Uncommon to the Legendary Core.

• Player Choice of Reward

Similar to Void Relics, players will be able to choose which Sortie reward during a Squad play. However, players can only perform a "swap" once per day/Sortie if they choose another player's reward. The limit of the "swap" won't be consumed if the player only chooses their own reward.

Similar to how you can reward other players with 5+ Void Traces if you choose other player rewards, choosing another Sortie reward of another player could grant that player bonus Affinity at the end of the mission. This affects bonus Affinity for leveling their equipment, to gaining more Focus if Lenses are installed.

• Sortie Rewards themselves

Some of the rewards are either redundant or are outdated in terms of "time-to-reward ratio". In short, the time spent in the Sortie overall doesn't justify the reward you potentially obtained. The following rewards should be changed:

1. Exilus Bundle (rewards both Weapon and Warframe Adaptors pre-built)
  2. Forma Bundle (3 Formas instead of just one pre-built)
  3. Removal of 4k Endo
  4. Increase Kuva Rewards (6k to 7.5k)
  5. Ayatan Anasa Sculpture's max Endo amount increased from 3450 Endo to 3750 Endo fully socketed.

Ayatan Sculpture Endo calculations follow this formula:

Endo = (B + 50C + 100A) × (1 + M × (C + A) ÷ S)

• B = Base Cost (Anasa currently at 2000 Endo, suggested change at 2200 Endo)
  • C = Amount of Cyan Stars
  • A = Amount of Amber Stars
  • M = Ayatan Multipler (Anasa at 0.5)
  • S = Amount of Sockets

The purpose of these suggestions is to make Sorties have a better "time-to-reward" ratio. That means, the time you spent on the Sortie overall should be justified for the rewards. DE stated that Sorties are "popular", but that doesn't mean that the rewards themselves can be improved nor does that mean are the rewards justified.

Thoughts?

I dont run sorties alot,  cant sell rivens very well.    Also my collection of keeper rivens is pretty huge lol.  I like the missions though.

My suggestions would be:

-Make all the rewards have the same % chance of dropping so its more random.

-Kuva reward should be like 35k.  10 riven rolls which is nothing.   Kuva is a major hurdle to engaging heavily in the riven game.   (which is something that unlocks after War Within... which is a pretty low bar people can finish without being that strong... so to then toss those same players into the various kuva grinds i think is a stretch). 

-Replace endo with steel essense like  5-15??  (15 would be 10k kuva... or gun adapter....  i was asking for 35k kuva earlier.. that would be like 45 steel essense....  I dont know.. for how often you would probably roll the steel essense that seems totally fine.   Doing all the SP incursions for a day is around 35-45+ essence depending on acolytes spawn). 

I noted that in 10 days of sorties I caught exactly 10 anasas. Rewards are usually bad or useless. I think sorties should have set days to catch rivens and stuff. This RNG is too repetitive with anasa or endo! Today my source of rivens is exchanging for paladin and sometimes in tenchim when rifle rivens appear (I only get rifles). And in the paladin when it comes kitgun or zaw I feel like my effort was in vain.....

Honestly, the game has been very fruitful for me in terms of rewards....

I like the idea of sorties granting rewards per mission (instead of/in addtion to the current credit rewards) for the fact that some sorties have that final mission that is just too tedious to bother with, but I'd think that the missions themselves should be made more challenging to warrant the extra rewards. Sorties are supposed to get progressively harder with each mission, but they- much like everything else in Warframe- don't pack enough of a punch to make players consider whether they're able to get that extra loot.

I'm up for some tweaks to some things that seem off about the rewards, like the amount of endo and kuva.  And even two built forma sounds really good. Plus bundling the two exilus adapters together sounds like a fine idea.

But overall I think sorties are very rewarding for the time spent until one has been playing for a year or two.  And maybe a lot later--I still look forward to them after four years. So to me it's only logical that better rewards imply increased challenges. Particularly since the average veteran player now will have a far easier time with sorties than they would have a couple of years ago.  

The natural thought is Steel Path sorties, of course.  But if that or some other opt-in enhanced difficulty version isn't possible, then I don't think better sortie rewards should be the solution to veteran woes.

they certainly won't do it. because 3x forma is very popular in the shop.
in addition, kuva is still far too little. how often did you roll your rivens? it's usually about hundreds or even thousands of rolls! and that should be 1 reward per day? with booster and with cat I had already seen 50+ SE after half an hour...
I have only had leg core once for many years!!! and i play sorties everyday.
I would give away ayatan right away...

what would appeal to me:
new top mods like primed
new good weapons
new top skins like from stream

because right now it's pointless to play sorties for old players. I even give away leg cores.

Archived