Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Additional Clan Recruitment Tools

[DE]Dudley

Hello Tenno,

We have created some new avenues to help with recruiting members to your Clan. With the help of Maroo and her extensive network, you can now advertise your Clan to prospective members. 
e616b52c016cbadbd7674d6d6391eff5.png 

For Clans Looking to Advertise
Visit Maroo in her Bazaar and she will post an ad for your Clan for 8 hours. If you are trying to save space gas then you can also access the “Advertise Clan” feature through your Clan Menu. The fee for Maroo will be resources from your Clan Vault and her required fee will change on a weekly basis. Clans can leave a brief description about their Clan’s interests and also add flags to help prospective members filter ads. These flags include:

• Beginner Friendly
  • High MR Requirement
  • Regular Login Requirement
  • Max Research Complete
  • Decorated Dojo
  • Competitive Event Focus
  • Endurance Run Squads
  • Open World Squads
  • Fashion Frame
  • Casual
  • Active Mentoring
  • Multiple Languages

Ad Creation Screen.png

Once you are happy with your ad you can post it and away it goes! When applications come in, you will see them in the ‘Pending’ section of the Clan Menu. From there you can review the applicant and choose to accept or decline.

For Clanless Tenno
You can view the ads board through the new “Search for a Clan” menu.

6628b3b36abe5699aefc67fb2e3321e1.png 

This menu can be accessed at any time from the Communications -> Clan section of the main menu as long as you do not currently belong to a Clan. It is also accessible if you visit Maroo.

Clan board.png 

From the ads board you can view all current ads by Clan Tier and also filter by the pre-defined tags to find the Clan that is the right fit for you. As you hover over an ad you will be greeted with the Clan’s message to you and you can click/select that ad to apply to the Clan.

e4a1c9e34ba5fdb131eeab388102bbb1.png 

You can then craft your own message and explain why you would like to join that Clan. Once you are happy with your message then you can submit it and then you wait to hear back from the Clan!

FAQs

• Why did you decide to make this change?
    • We recognized that it was becoming increasingly difficult for Clans to promote themselves with Recruitment Chat and the Forums alone. So we decided to create a more targeted and easy-to-navigate space for Clans to recruit and share a little bit about their interests with prospective members.
  • What does this mean for “Recruiting Chat” or the “Recruitment” subforum?
    • Both of these will remain! This added feature is meant to complement current recruitment processes by adding an additional path for recruitment in-game.
  • Who can post ads?
    • A Clan’s Founding Warlord or Warlords may post an ad or they can also designate members with the new role of Advertiser to be able to perform that function.
  • Is there a limit to the number of ads a Clan can post?
    • Clans may post an ad and it will be active for 8 hours before it expires. You may only have one active advertisement at a time.
  • What if I want to list my ad again? Or I decided to cancel?
    • You can relist/cancel your ad by visiting Maroo while you currently have an ad active. When speaking to her you will be presented with the options to “Relist Your Ad” which will reset its current timer to 8 hours (for a fee) or you can “Cancel Ad” which will pull it from the ad board. Canceled ads will not result in a refund of spent resources.
  • How do I access my Clan Vault?
    • Visit your Clan Dojo and make sure you have crafted and placed the “Treasury” decoration in your Dojo and you will be able to donate resources and more to your vault!
  • If I apply to more than one Clan, can I be accepted into both?
    • No, you can only be accepted to one Clan. When a Clan accepts you as a member it automatically prevents other Clans from also accepting you. You have a limit of 10 active applications and once accepted all your other applications are immediately withdrawn. An active application expires after 24 hours if the receiving Clan does nothing. While you cannot rescind an application, should you be rejected or your application expire then it will free up an application spot for you.
  • Is this the only way to get people to join my Clan?
    • No, all the ways you have enjoyed recruiting members will remain. Whether you used the “Recruiting Chat”, posted on our Forums, or made connections with other Tenno on Discord, you are still free to recruit members however you please!
  • What if I see someone posting an ad that is harmful?
    • Like many other areas where you are able to provide a custom message, players can report a Clan ad if it violates any of our Terms of Service, Code of Conduct, or leads to any form of discrimination or harassment of other players. Recruit to your heart’s content, Tenno, but as always we ask that you keep Warframe a welcoming space for all. Also remember Tenno, reports are taken very seriously so abusing this function may result in consequences for your Warframe account.
  • Can smaller Clans participate in this new feature?
    • Yes, all Clans regardless of Tier will be able to use this feature. 

As always your feedback is appreciated, Tenno. Happy recruiting and may the halls of your Dojos overflow with new comrades-in-arms!

A very welcome and appreciated change, but I wonder if the functionality could be expanded to creating/advertising squads as well? Recruiting chat is very unpopulated, especially on Xbox, and I see this as an opportunity for finding squads with similar interests—void fissures, Railjack missions, particular gamemodes like Disruption—to be much more streamlined.

Yay! Thank you kindly! This really gives the Clan mechanic a feel like it's getting attention! I'm excited to try it out, just in time too! We just finished our last lab research, thinking about increasing our Clan tier to Storm!

Alliance functionality update when? We have an active alliance that we've all been managing through a democratic (as much as teenagers can be lol) process, every clan gets one vote. Our main hurdle so far is role/permission management. Is there a way to have Tenno with the top two clan hierarchies (founding warlord/warlord) also get access to a sort of Alliance members menu where we can see each individual Tenno ranks within their clans? 

(Where can I further this discussion btw, I have lot of Alliance/Clan ideas! I live playing that aspect of the game, very community centered gameplay!)

Can users searching for the clan, check the actual clan stats without ever giving the link itself? I say this because all our members are recruited without having the focus of the research %, we can link the clan and share the %, but we decline those entries, which is why we always recruit in recruit chat without the clan link, if we reveal the clan link that causes fake interest and the players interested in joining aren't being genuine on the reason.

If the clan stats are visible without any input from a member of the clan, could those stats be hidden away?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Is the readable inv request made by another player reportable? Can we report the messages sent to us?

I'm asking as there are many trolls who will simply message the recruiter or clan leader with nonsensical stuff, potentially random insults just for being there doing recruitment, so is there an option to automate the report or will warlords need to screencap what they received and then escalate the issue to support?

Example, our clan has 100% trade tax which is used for many things, this will be specified on the clan recruit message, however users may look at that and just send stuff like "i'm not interested in joining, i'm just messaging you to let you know you're a <REDACTED>"

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Also, duplicate requirement in description  Fixed

This is a great addition to the game.
It's been a long time since i (and probably the other warlords out there) wish to have a more proper way to advertise the clan. This feature will become very handy.
Thankyou!

1 hour ago, KIREEK said:

Is the readable inv request made by another player reportable? Can we report the messages sent to us?

At the current moment that is not an option. It is something that we can look into in the future. For the interim if you do receive troubling application requests you can use the "Talk" option to initiate Chat and from there you can "Report Player" as you normally would in other instances.

Thanks, great feature and it seems to work very well. I was able to quickly fill up the empty roster spots in my tiny clan, and the ability to give a good description makes it more likely that the people who apply will actually fit in and stick around. Thumbs up for this QoL improvement!

6 hours ago, KIREEK said:

Can users searching for the clan, check the actual clan stats without ever giving the link itself? I say this because all our members are recruited without having the focus of the research %, we can link the clan and share the %, but we decline those entries, which is why we always recruit in recruit chat without the clan link, if we reveal the clan link that causes fake interest and the players interested in joining aren't being genuine on the reason.

If the clan stats are visible without any input from a member of the clan, could those stats be hidden away?

I'm asking as there are many trolls who will simply message the recruiter or clan leader with nonsensical stuff, potentially random insults just for being there doing recruitment, so is there an option to automate the report or will warlords need to screencap what they received and then escalate the issue to support?

Example, our clan has 100% trade tax which is used for many things, this will be specified on the clan recruit message, however users may look at that and just send stuff like "i'm not interested in joining, i'm just messaging you to let you know you're a <REDACTED>"

Also, duplicate requirement in description

1 hour ago, --Q--PyralisTT said:

Could persons already in a clan get the option to view ads? When recruiting most of the players I recruit are usually already in a clan that's dead or has a low member count.

+1 to both of these posts.

As clan leaders we should have the option to hide clan research % because yes, it's so shocking and surprising but there are clans/communities out there that care about quality before quantity, and do not want to recruit members who exclusively want clan research; hence why it's called a clan...

Also players who are already in a clan should be able to see recruitment advertisements for this reason alone, there are a lot of dead clans/communities on this game and about 30-40 percent of players clan-hopping is for this reason alone. this would be beneficial to have as a addition in this game.

I'm very happy with this addition, I hope you continue to refine it. I have to agree with a member above, letting people already in a clan view the list seems a good idea, we also get recruits from dead clans/alliances and people just not happy with current clan. A better way to communicate with applicants if possible, in the future? We like to talk to potential recruits, before we accept, to make sure it is a good fit for both. Another future wishlist, add Alliance advertise as well, make it easier for new clans to find a home that fits them. Just a couple of thoughts. Glad to get what we have either way.

Excellent changes.

I do see some bugs however.

• If a person requests to join a clan then immediately makes their own afterwards, they'll still show in the pending list and the game will give an Error when trying to approve them (as they're already in a clan now).
  • When creating an ad outside of the game to then copy/paste into the box, it will only paste the first 256 characters.
    • This isn't to say to limit the ad to just 256 characters though. Just the amount that can get pasted in should be increased.
    • On a separate note about ads, having the option to save the ad even if it expires would make relisting easier.
  • Cannot sort the Pending tab by Hierarchy, so Applicants are currently going to be mixed with other pending invites.
    • Would be nice to have an "Approve All" button.
  • On the notes, might be good to have it as an optional thing on the side of the ad creator.

In-game clan ads are excessively costly.

Clans commonly have turnover rules to maintain free space for new members. "must log in every N days to stay a member". The work flow is to remove the most idle members when the dojo roster fills up.

Ads are terminated prematurely when clans fill up. This seems reasonable. However, relisting requires a full new fee. Clans near maximum capacity may need to relist more often than usual, which ramps up the ad system's costs.

A couple suggestions for less costly (but hopefully fair) alternatives:

1. Delist the clan but keep the listing timer running. Removing members (freeing roster slots) can relist the clan for the remaining time.

2. When the ad system cancels an ad, issue the clan vault a prorated refund for the remaining timer.

It seems reasonable to forfeit the entire listing fee if clan management cancels the ad outright.

En 29/4/2022 a las 11:01, Sean dijo:

Excellent changes.

I do see some bugs however.

• If a person requests to join a clan then immediately makes their own afterwards, they'll still show in the pending list and the game will give an Error when trying to approve them (as they're already in a clan now).
  • When creating an ad outside of the game to then copy/paste into the box, it will only paste the first 256 characters.
    • This isn't to say to limit the ad to just 256 characters though. Just the amount that can get pasted in should be increased.
    • On a separate note about ads, having the option to save the ad even if it expires would make relisting easier.
  • Cannot sort the Pending tab by Hierarchy, so Applicants are currently going to be mixed with other pending invites.
    • Would be nice to have an "Approve All" button.
  • On the notes, might be good to have it as an optional thing on the side of the ad creator.

As an addition to this, I cannot see the "Has Discord" condition on the list:
VtDMVRw.jpg

• 1 month later...

I'm kind of surprised the issues noted here haven't even been acknowledged... with something like this I actually expected at least something.

Also, on Discord, would be beneficial to be able to list the server and have it be a clickable link within an easily accessible/noticeable clan page AFTER a person has joined. Possibly within a "You've been accepted into the X CLAN, go make that Dojo Key!" type of auto-message.

Hello Tenno,

In today's update Echoes of the Zariman: Update 31.6 we made the following changes on all platforms:

• Increased the ad duration timer from 8 hours to 12 hours.
  • Added the ability to report an applicant’s message if needed.
  • Added the ability for Advertisers to accept or reject requests.
  • Added the ability to sort the Pending Tab of the Clan Menu so that it is easier to see all applicants together.
  • Fixed an issue where Rank 7 and 8 Clans could not accept requests.
  • Fixed case where Clan Ads could be posted without consuming the required resources. 

We are continuing to review feedback and make adjustments so thank you for sharing your thoughts and we hope you continue to enjoy recruiting!

On 2022-04-29 at 1:01 PM, Sean said:

I second this. As a recruiter for my Clan this would save me so much time.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Archived