Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Angels of the Zariman: Hotfix 31.5.4

[DE]Megan

1 hour ago, __Beowulf__ said:

So are you gonna address officially the whole community request to ditch vois slug, and return to void dash, or are you gonna ignore the WHOLE community feedback and erase all the comments that don't align with your "improvements"?

You're doing the very thing you're accusing them of doing by claiming the whole community is against void sling while ignoring the positive feedback that doesn't align with your objections.

I for one love void sling and would hate to go back to the old void dash after experiencing the new system.

1 hour ago, __Beowulf__ said:

So are you gonna address officially the whole community request to ditch vois slug, and return to void dash, or are you gonna ignore the WHOLE community feedback and erase all the comments that don't align with your "improvements"?

Mate, a few forum posters hardly represent the "whole" community...

The average player just... plays, and doesn't spend much time on official forums.

hace 3 minutos, Alpheus dijo:

You're doing the very thing you're accusing them of doing by claiming the whole community is against void sling while ignoring the positive feedback that doesn't align with your objections.

I for one love void sling and would hate to go back to the old void dash after experiencing the new system.

Fair enough. So are you gonna address officially that the vast majority of the community requested to ditch vois slug, and return to void dash, 
or are you gonna ignore the vast majority of the community feedback and erase all the comments that don't align with your "improvements"?

I have to say, I'd encourage DE to take their time before acting upon feedback - especially so early after a big update.

The last hotfix feels like an over-reaction to some vocal minority in the community - specifically people complaining about operator survivability. Little star child is totally OP now.

hace 35 minutos, SepherRaziel dijo:

Energy leech eximus can and will cast their abilities through walls and across rooms so you can't even now where they are...

Curious that they said that eximus wouldn't cast their abiliies unless they are alerted but they forgot to add the line-of-sight command on their code. They even randomly cast their abilities if you are invisible and they are alerted or you bump into them.

hace 35 minutos, SepherRaziel dijo:

with prime sure footed caustic eximus tend to make you jump from side to side and if you have more than one welll boy i hope you like to jump kile mario bross from side to side....

Even tho I agree that it is annoying, I think this always happened before because PSF gives you resist to knockdowns, not an immnunity. The shockwave effect still applies, is just that you frame won't be knocked down by it.

Thanks for the fixes! Please revert Void Sling to Void Dash, or at least add an option in the settings to toggle it back and forth. Also, please remove the cooldown on transference. It's unnecessary and wastes a lot of time.

All right DE i have a feedback i see many people are complaining about the new operator system i thinks its great. But i also understand why people are complaining most of the complains are against the removel of void dash i know this has been suggested before but what about making void sling a thing when you jump only like you can now. And than have void dash when you go into the void mode and press space. It would probally satisfy more of the community than now. :) Oh also we have the option to change the lotus can we please get the option to change ordis apperance?

hace 26 minutos, Arn_Magnusson1 dijo:

All right DE i have a feedback i see many people are complaining about the new operator system i thinks its great. But i also understand why people are complaining most of the complains are against the removel of void dash i know this has been suggested before but what about making void sling a thing when you jump only like you can now. And than have void dash when you go into the void mode and press space. It would probally satisfy more of the community than now. :)

Or they could revert the controls for VD as they were and use the roll input for Void Sling. Just like operators can't double jump, they cannot roll or dodge neither, so I am still confused why they don't take advantage of that and get rid off that useless butt slide 🙂

Edit: I know that the new spoiler friend can roll, but is still irrelevant since parkour mechanics for dmg reduction do not apply there. It's just another of his/her recycled animations.

hace 21 horas, BLI7Z dijo:

Operators were extremely squishy. Nice changes!

Thank you

eidolon hunters be like: are you sure about that? they need to learn to play with the operator, they don´t need more health

Void sling is objectively a downgrade. It is a more limited and clunky version of the void dash. You could have LITERALLY used the void dash slower, by pressing the dash in a tempo that you find comfortable, and gotten the same result as void sling. But now, EVERYONE is stuck to this clunky slow tempo that absolutely ruins the rhythm and sensation that the endgame had. 

There was no issue with the void dash. You dashed in the direction that you aimed (like all movement works in WF), you could use it as quickly as you wanted, you could regulate its speed (distance). You could tailor it to suit you. If you watch how people who do high end content very well use void dash, you will understand that this  change has slowed down the game for them considerably.

Essentially, we just lose with this update. Nobody gained anything from this change, we just LOST some possibilities. Therefore, it is a DOWNGRADE. 

Solving problems that never existed seems to be the new approach. What's next? Global cooldowns, weapon swap cooldowns, bullet jump cooldowns?

This change harmed the game for many people, nobody gained anything from this change.

1 minute ago, Lime-Prime said:

Void sling is objectively a downgrade. It is a more limited and clunky version of the void dash. You could have LITERALLY used the void dash slower, by pressing the dash in a tempo that you find comfortable, and gotten the same result as void sling. But now, EVERYONE is stuck to this clunky slow tempo that absolutely ruins the rhythm and sensation that the endgame had. 

There was no issue with the void dash. You dashed in the direction that you aimed (like all movement works in WF), you could use it as quickly as you wanted, you could regulate its speed (distance). You could tailor it to suit you. If you watch how people who do high end content very well use void dash, you will understand this has has slowed down the game for them considerably.

Essentially, we just lose with this update. Nobody gained anything from this change, we just LOST some possibilities. Therefore, it is a DOWNGRADE. 

Solving problems that never existed seems to be the new approach. What's next? Global cooldowns, weapon swap cooldowns, bullet jump cooldowns?

This change harmed the game for many people, nobody gained anything from this change.

"Void sling is a piece of garbage that no one likes and is a downgrade to void dash in every way." - Abraham Lincoln.

vor 53 Minuten schrieb Haleks:

Mate, a few forum posters hardly represent the "whole" community...

The average player just... plays, and doesn't spend much time on official forums.

No, the average player who is upset with something just quits. They don't post, and they don't play, they quit. People who are very invested complain. The average player, who just plays casually, just leaves and plays something else.

Although quite frankly, between people not receiving loot, missions bugging out and a lot of bounties just being generally terrible, you'll be hard-pressed to point to any singular reason why someone would not play this mess. Void Sling is actually the least of the problems the update brought.

10 minutes ago, Lime-Prime said:

There was no issue with the void dash. You dashed in the direction that you aimed (like all movement works in WF), you could use it as quickly as you wanted, you could regulate its speed (distance). You could tailor it to suit you. If you watch how people who do high end content very well use void dash, you will understand that this  change has slowed down the game for them considerably.

It's a bit of an exaggeration but this is all very true for controller players. Dash was already not great on console, but with the removal of lateral and backward movement it's even more impossible as jump is a face button by default, meaning you can't actually aim the thing while charging.

On PC it's alright, now that I've gotten used to just pressing space in the air to dash and hitting melee to instant transfer, my traversal speed is basically back to where it was before. Being able to do a single sling above enemies and slam attacking into warframe without an additional input feels awesome, and it feels great to traverse large rooms with. I still think tapping space in void mode should act like the old Dash though, for the times where that would be more useful. There's no real reason why we can't have both, Sling should have been an addition and not a replacement.

I want to know who was the brainiac behind the idea to place Bounty pick up the furthest point from the damn lift???? Combine the distance one needs to travel to pick up the damn bounty with 0% chance of Gyre drops at this point, and you have people losing desire to play the game. I know you can fast travel, but how hard was it to place the dude giving out the bounties downstairs next to the lift? Same like in Cetus.

Also, sometime going into operator mode after the extraction orb has spawned transfers you through the orb, even though you were nowhere near the orb at the time of going into operator mode.

And lastly, Void sling, dash or slug... if you make that new movement more responsive, I don't really care what it is gonna be called. The only thing that bothers me is slight delay of the movement.

Wait a second, why would you stop the voidshell from being able to become a void, and leave the Supra Vandal and Spectra Vandal with that ability.

If you’re going to ruin my fashion, can you please be consistent with it?

Would it be possible for the Zariman Lore tablets to be added to the codex once found so they can be listened to in sequence and without interuptions?

Similarly could the same be done for the Faction Rank Up cut scenes and dialogue?

Extraction on Flood, Cascade, and Exterminate nodes still seem to be broken in Zarimon.  Haven't done much of the other nodes.  Based on fellow tenno comments as we all sit in the elevator waiting for it to notice we are all there, this is is a common issue.

21 hours ago, XHADgaming said:

For transference delay from operator/drifter to warframe, I think there should be some sort of visual feedback for it, similar to how it gives the static screen while in nullifiers or the ability not ready button when attempting to use warframe abilities.

Having little to no feedback about a delay that lasts almost a second doesn't seem like a good idea to me. 

I get they don't want use to mash transference just to abuse magus elevate being the premier healing method (I even abused this as Inaros and whenever I play Profit Taker) or other reasons, but having that transference to warframe delay with no in-game reason makes it annoying to deal with and makes me confused if this is supposed to be a bug or something gone wrong with the operator changes.

I feel if they don't want us to abuse magus elevate, don't make operator gameplay miserable, nerf the arcane.

Archived