Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Some Frames and weapons are almost obsolete due to Eximus cc immunity!

Thestalos86

Dear Devs, at first I'd like to say, that I appreciate the general rework of Eximus units, but I think a total cc immunity is way to much.
Newbies to WF may have trouble at all handling the new Eximus due the lack of damage and veteran players like myself won't use certain Frames (solo) anymore, because with a certain amount of combat power cc is only needed against very strong enemies.
You removed any other option to kill Eximus than using brute force - and when the overshields of an Eximus are depleted, they're absolutely no hindrance any more, then being vulnerable to cc is useless in my oppinion.
Facing Eximus, a unmodified Harrow only has it's weapons, Khora is almost useles in mobile defense on Zariman and the Proboscis Cernos and other cc weapons lose their purpose - why use a cc weapon, when it's useless, when it's needed most?!

I suggest giving Eximus a cc vulnerability like it was before: by random!

1 hour ago, EinheriarJudith said:

no. adapt. 

That's what we've been doing for a while now. That's why Wukong is the most used frame by far. Adapting may be a good when you need to take a wizz in the woods. In videogames adapting isnt' a good thing because adapting looks hell of a lot like everyone using the same handful of meta builds to deal with bad balancing.

1 hour ago, Thestalos86 said:

Newbies to WF may have trouble at all handling the new Eximus due the lack of damage

I have a free-to-play account I made to play with my friend who was getting into Warframe, just to see what the new player experience was, and after testing just now, I'm able to kill eximus units pretty easily with a Mk-1 Bo, on Saturn, with 5/8 mod slots filled, and the only mod that is max ranked on it is a 60/60 heat mod.

Yeah yeah, I know, melee. But, I was also able to kill others with a Braton that had only 3 mod slots used, which were a 3/10 serration, and 3/5 heat and elec mods. I did have an issue with an Shocking shield lancer that I had to play a little keep away with, and eventually just hopped into a turret to mow them down (lol don't remember the last time I did that). But that was the only real issue I had. And again, 3/8 mod slots used with almost no effort at all put into ranking them.

So I'm just curious what people think 'newbie' level is. 

11 minutes ago, ShogunGunshow said:

I have a free-to-play account I made to play with my friend who was getting into Warframe, just to see what the new player experience was, and after testing just now, I'm able to kill eximus units pretty easily with a Mk-1 Bo, on Saturn, with 5/8 mod slots filled, and the only mod that is max ranked on it is a 60/60 heat mod.

Yeah yeah, I know, melee. But, I was also able to kill others with a Braton that had only 3 mod slots used, which were a 3/10 serration, and 3/5 heat and elec mods. I did have an issue with an Shocking shield lancer that I had to play a little keep away with, and eventually just hopped into a turret to mow them down (lol don't remember the last time I did that). But that was the only real issue I had. And again, 3/8 mod slots used with almost no effort at all put into ranking them.

So I'm just curious what people think 'newbie' level is. 

exactly. i think there are people flat out lying, and trying to bring brain dead gameplay back. i test it on my 2nd account from forever ago, and was killing the eximus in PoE with an unpotato cronus that only had a maxed pressure point and reach. fury was unranked, heat mod was unranked. 

37 minutes ago, (PSN)Anedime said:

That's what we've been doing for a while now. That's why Wukong is the most used frame by far. Adapting may be a good when you need to take a wizz in the woods. In videogames adapting isnt' a good thing because adapting looks hell of a lot like everyone using the same handful of meta builds to deal with bad balancing.

only everyone isnt. i enjoy taking banshee to T4 armageddon or mirage to T4 cascade, or titania to T4 flood when they crop up. people can use whatever they like. one shouldnt try to gatekeep.

I agree with the general sentiment that the rework focused too much on CC, but this...

1 hour ago, Thestalos86 said:

Facing Eximus, a unmodified Harrow only has it's weapons,

...is a funny example.   Because being a weapon platform is so much of his shtick.    Yes, Condemn is useless on Overguarded enemies.    If they just fix the shield restore--which I'm sure is not intentional--he'll be doing really well.

vor 2 Stunden schrieb EinheriarJudith:

no. adapt. 

sure the gods of DE gifted us with new content and because they are infallible entities everything they do is perfect so we absolutely have to accept it and it's up to us to make the best of it... <.<

vor einer Stunde schrieb EinheriarJudith:

only everyone isnt. i enjoy taking banshee to T4 armageddon or mirage to T4 cascade, or titania to T4 flood when they crop up. people can use whatever they like. one shouldnt try to gatekeep.

Banshee and Mirage have strong AoE and defensive abilities, Titania is strong as hell and hard to hit - no cc needed at all <.<
I'm happy that YOU're satisfied with the new features, but I own over 40 Warframes and i'd like to use more than a handfull...

1 minute ago, Thestalos86 said:

sure the gods of DE gifted us with new content and because they are infallible entities everything they do is perfect so we absolutely have to accept it and it's up to us to make the best of it... <.<

nice hyperbole. overguard is not an issue it does not all of a sudden render CC frames useless. what it does do is prevent people from standing and drooling because no enemy can retaliate in the face of tenno powers much less their weapons. 

i didnt have to change any of my builds. or stop using the weapons i like using. 

Banshee: mutes their abilities and protections with silence

Mag prevents them from shooting with magnetize while also making them vulnerable to damage

Nekros: distraction with SotD

Revenant: Distraction with Enthrall

Nyx: Distraction with Chaos

Nova: damage amp with Molecular Prime

Frost: slows with ice proc on ice wave and avalanche

Wisp: damage amp with breach surge also turning them in to radiation pylon.

list goes on. 

1 hour ago, EinheriarJudith said:

nice hyperbole. overguard is not an issue it does not all of a sudden render CC frames useless. what it does do is prevent people from standing and drooling because no enemy can retaliate in the face of tenno powers much less their weapons.

Yeah, because now players can just press buttons and keep drooling because no enemies can retaliate by sheer virtue of them getting killed before doing anything.

I don't get people who defend Overguard this way, saying that

"Oh CC just allows people to play braindead the enemies can't even do anything" While the Frames that had no problem doing just that by having a 'Press Ability to kill the whole room' or 'Just has a #*!%ing AoE Weapon' are doing just that, and if the community has anything to say about it, while also being more prevalent due to it being the 'meta'.

What it's okay for braindead players to not have enemies retaliate by killing everything in the room with an easy room nuke that doesn't take more than a button press, but having a Frame that can't kill the room in a single button press so compensates by slowing down the room to allow them kill isn't?

57 minutes ago, (PSN)rexis12 said:

Yeah, because now players can just press buttons and keep drooling because no enemies can retaliate by sheer virtue of them getting killed before doing anything.

I don't get people who defend Overguard this way, saying that

"Oh CC just allows people to play braindead the enemies can't even do anything" While the Frames that had no problem doing just that by having a 'Press Ability to kill the whole room' or 'Just has a #*!%ing AoE Weapon' are doing just that, and if the community has anything to say about it, while also being more prevalent due to it being the 'meta'.

What it's okay for braindead players to not have enemies retaliate by killing everything in the room with an easy room nuke that doesn't take more than a button press, but having a Frame that can't kill the room in a single button press so compensates by slowing down the room to allow them kill isn't?

DE neutered eximus before people could even get used to it by reducing their spawn twice. nah 1-2 enemies that can partially ignore CC is too much. huh?

3 hours ago, EinheriarJudith said:

Banshee: mutes their abilities and protections with silence

Mag prevents them from shooting with magnetize while also making them vulnerable to damage

Nekros: distraction with SotD

Revenant: Distraction with Enthrall

Nyx: Distraction with Chaos

Nova: damage amp with Molecular Prime

Frost: slows with ice proc on ice wave and avalanche

Wisp: damage amp with breach surge also turning them in to radiation pylon.

go ahead and give it a try. warframe didnt become terribly harder. it became more active.

5 hours ago, (PSN)rexis12 said:

Overguard has addressed AoE CC spam. Now we just need to address AoE DPS spam. I agree. Fairest option will be to have overguard require direct hits and take little to no damage from indirect/radial weapon fire.

Aoe nerf won't change a thing, og tonkor meta->ability meta and melee 2.0 meta (mostly meme strike) ->ability meta +prenerf bramma and melee 2,99->aoe meta with full gear (galv mods,arcanes,etc). ,less of abil spam. 

It will be replaced and that's it . A hot take: full gear aoe should be strong and nowadays aoe are mostly fine .
Current nerf aoe weapons theme is the same as nerf saryn/mesa/mirage posts (after sp way less people are writing nerf posts about them btw).

Archived