Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Eximus abilities as unlockables.

VoidArkhangel

Straight to the point: these abilities would be accesible through the Helminth system but you would need to do something to unlock them like "Kill 100 Arctics" to unlock the Snow Globe and so.

Now, I also thought about making (mainly the snow globe) an augment for the already existent abilities like Frost's but the problem with it is that Snow Globe isnt subsumable (aka Helminth-able) and also some of them would work differently so here is what I have.

Please reffer to this for seeing the current Eximus abilities https://warframe.fandom.com/wiki/Eximus

-Blitz (Ground Pound (no pun intended))

One time cast.

Scales with Strenght and Range (thinking it draws a line in front of the caster and generates a eruption every meter on that line) the range will expand the line.

Damage scales with enemy level

-Parasites (Energy Leech)

Active/Infinite duration as long as you have energy. (affected by Duration)

Scales with Strenght (energy "stole" per enemy inside the bubble) and Range (bubble radius)

Affects all enemies within affinity range that are alerted

-Arson (Heat Wave)

One time cast

Scales with Strenght and Duration (distance traveled by the ring of fire)

Damage scales with enemy level

-Guardian (Radial Shield)

Active/Energy per second (affected by Duration)

Scales with Strenght (damage reduction for allies and shield regen ratio) 

Affects all allies within affinity range and adds up to x5 energy per second cost (more allies could be affected but it wont drain more than that)

-Arctic (Portable Snow Globe)

One time cast/Maintain to dissolve

Scales with Strenght (globe's health)

Base health scales with enemy level

-Leech (Health Leech)

One time cast (generates under the enemy targeted)

Scales with Strenght (health per hit), Range (area of effect) and Duration (how long lasts)

Affects all allies near the caster and can be casted multiple times

-Shock (Electrical Orbs)

One time cast. The first time will create the orbs that absorb 50% of the damage taken and any enemy that touches the orbs will get hit by the absorbed dmg x3 for every second it stays inside, upon second cast the orbs will seek enemies dealing the total dmg (dmg absorbed + base) as dmg/s to another enemies.

Scales with Duration (life duration, only affects released orbs)

Base damage scales with enemy level

Thought about having Venomous' too but its just too similar to Chroma's 2nd so if anyone has a good suggestion of how to implement that one or an overall better way to aproach this then feel free to comment.

And again, we dont need this but it would certainly be fun to have.

Instead of helminth abilities, maybe Eximus arcanes that kick in when certain conditions are met. I'm thinking like, when you put so many of a kind of status proc on an enemy. Like 30 electrical procs on an enemy would trigger an electrical orb, do some true damage to the focal enemy, and consume the procs. Or magnetic procs could trigger an energy leech zone and give the player energy as long as enemies are in it. That would give a reason to use magnetic against non-corpus enemies. Blast would trigger blitz, which would give a conceivable reason to use blast. Puncture procs could trigger a guardian shield on the player, since puncture's current thing is damage reduction. These arcanes could also give a few seconds of crowd control protection to the player, or even a bit of overguard.

The arcanes could be rare drops from the relevant eximus units, which would incentivize players to engage every single one they saw.

some of those new Eximus Abilities are cool, i'd go for this.

the Blitz Ability could be a nice Helminth choice, in particular. the Fire Pulses could also be good. the Health Leech could be made into something kinda interesting.
oh yeah, Guardian would be pretty visually interesting, and mechanically unique in the game, too.

the rest though i don't see the Ability actually being particularly interesting or different from what we already have. but i'd still go for this idea anyways.

hace 21 horas, Bluemillion dijo:

The arcanes could be rare drops from the relevant eximus units, which would incentivize players to engage every single one they saw.

Could be but personally I preffer using the Helminth instead of having to farm at least 10 arcanes per ability.

hace 4 horas, selig_fay dijo:
hace 20 horas, (XBOX)Ampathetiic dijo:

Ember?

yep. Eximus fire ring worse than ember fire ring.

Yeah, I dont know why DE made it worse... anyways the fire proc from the one from Helminth would scale with enemy level, it doesnt strip armor like Ember's but I think its a good option (if the Eximus variant costs less than Ember's)

1 hour ago, Alpheus said:

A Warframe whose passive is inheriting an eximus's ability for some seconds would be pretty neat

i always thought that would be a cool rework idea for caliban or grendel. like caliban could passively adapt to and steal eximus powers kinda like the old version of null audit, or grendel could gain eximus attributes if he ate them kirby style.

Archived