Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Please get rid of or reduce 24 hour Rank test cooldown

---No-Mercy---

For year this has frustrated me and annoyed me, I practice and practice the test and then go to qualify and I fail, and im ok with that, nerves, rushing can do that. But THEN i have to wait 24 hours to try qualify again????

WHY????

What possible reason is there to make people wait 24 hours to try again?

Can someone please explain this to me?

If not get rid of it just reduce it to a couple of hours or an hour or something??

There is now no real reason for me to play now as im just pissed off I have to wait?!

Please do something about this please.

Many Thanks

So we should give you Mercy hmm if you train the test do you beat it and how close are you to fail it maybe you need improvement if the timeframe of succes is to small
well you could also see it as an opportunity to improve how mutch patience you got

all i can say is if you try it everyday from now till DE might change it you most likely are on the next rank befor DE would change it
and after all it is a skill check
and all the people always say warframe is to easy so is it?

Why not spend time in practice mode of the mastery test instead? There's no cooldowns on failing that so you can spend as much time as you need forming a strategy to beat the real test.

If you're failing the test despite the practice, then you're not actually practicing. :P

You could also take the time to watch videos on how to cheese mastery tests too.

29 minutes ago, Keiyadan said:

So we should give you Mercy hmm if you train the test do you beat it and how close are you to fail it maybe you need improvement if the timeframe of succes is to small
well you could also see it as an opportunity to improve how mutch patience you got

all i can say is if you try it everyday from now till DE might change it you most likely are on the next rank befor DE would change it
and after all it is a skill check
and all the people always say warframe is to easy so is it?

Its not about failing, I KNOW why I fail, its the wait for 24 hours to try again. I'm not asking to make them easier, I asking for them to remove the test cooldown.

1 minute ago, Pizzarugi said:

Why not spend time in practice mode of the mastery test instead? There's no cooldowns on failing that so you can spend as much time as you need forming a strategy to beat the real test.

Thats what I'm doing at the moment, I have a OP kuva brammar which is awesome, problem is I keep getting knockdown due to the huge blast which takes up time, so im currently respeccing my inaros with knockdown resist and recovery so It doesn't happen. 

But that won't take long and still have til tomorrow to wait. just a frustrating pain in the arse! LOL!!

2 minutes ago, ---No-Mercy--- said:

Thats what I'm doing at the moment, I have a OP kuva brammar which is awesome, problem is I keep getting knockdown due to the huge blast which takes up time, so im currently respeccing my inaros with knockdown resist and recovery so It doesn't happen. 

But that won't take long and still have til tomorrow to wait. just a frustrating pain in the arse! LOL!!

Instead of respeccing into knockdown resistance, you could instead run a frame who has a defense skill which nullifies knockdown outright. Revenant, Rhino, and Nezha all have defense skills which completely ignore self-knockdown, plus the defenses they offer would mean you wouldn't have to worry about getting killed.

4 minutes ago, (PSN)IdoThea said:

That is totally different thing. This is a videogame. 

it's an online Multiplayer that isn't meant to be finished in a day/week/month or even a year.  

Everything in this game is build for the long term. if you don't pass your mastery test, then you're not ready/don't deserve to be at that mastery rank yet. 

I've passed every single test in the first real try so far(doing 1-3 practice runs in the practice tool beforehand). they're really not that hard.

If you fail them it's a clear indicator that you;
1) Don't understand which warframe/weapons to bring for which type of content.
2) Don't understand how your abilities/weapons work.
3) Don't understand basic game mechanics. 

And if you don't understand the above 3, you really should not pass your mastery rank, and should improve your actual gameplay before attempting again. a 24 hour cooldown period is quite generous. they could've put it at a week if they wanted. 

1 hour ago, ---No-Mercy--- said:

Its not about failing, I KNOW why I fail, its the wait for 24 hours to try again. I'm not asking to make them easier, I asking for them to remove the test cooldown.

If you know why then maybe try to change that?

1 hour ago, Eterud said:

it's an online Multiplayer that isn't meant to be finished in a day/week/month or even a year.  

Everything in this game is build for the long term. if you don't pass your mastery test, then you're not ready/don't deserve to be at that mastery rank yet. 

I've passed every single test in the first real try so far(doing 1-3 practice runs in the practice tool beforehand). they're really not that hard.

And if you don't understand the above 3, you really should not pass your mastery rank, and should improve your actual gameplay before attempting again. a 24 hour cooldown period is quite generous. they could've put it at a week if they wanted. 

Those tests are usually just "look from online which frame to use etc. Some of them have been hard for me like previous test I did 23. I passed it on first attempt but practiced many times and made limbo build. 

Still I highly dislike that timer it brings stress and makes me not want to play game when mastery test is waiting. I understand that warframe takes time and respect it in many places but not in this matter. 

These replies are confusing, honestly.

Warframe Mastery Tests feature situations that are generally not in the game nor have any good analogues. Multiple people are saying that they have a "skill issue" to paraphrase, yet OP states that they practiced and succeeded in practicing, but failed the qualification which can happen in many circumstances, for many reasons. It's not uncommon that a bug happens, like Stalker spawning in the middle of your Mastery Test for no reason, or enemies not respawning within a time limit, or the internet cutting out.

OP simply wants MR qualification to not take 24 hours to try again, which isn't unreasonable. This is a game meant to be played over a long period of time, however some people will find that waiting 24 or more hours to progress due to a bug or otherwise is not fun, and decide not to come back. Removing the cooldown is probably not recommended, however having the ability to retry a Mastery Test qualification one or two times before having a cooldown is not unreasonable.

3 minutes ago, Yasha-7HS said:

These replies are confusing, honestly.

Warframe Mastery Tests feature situations that are generally not in the game nor have any good analogues. Multiple people are saying that they have a "skill issue" to paraphrase, yet OP states that they practiced and succeeded in practicing, but failed the qualification which can happen in many circumstances, for many reasons. It's not uncommon that a bug happens, like Stalker spawning in the middle of your Mastery Test for no reason, or enemies not respawning within a time limit, or the internet cutting out.

OP simply wants MR qualification to not take 24 hours to try again, which isn't unreasonable. This is a game meant to be played over a long period of time, however some people will find that waiting 24 or more hours to progress due to a bug or otherwise is not fun, and decide not to come back. Removing the cooldown is probably not recommended, however having the ability to retry a Mastery Test qualification one or two times before having a cooldown is not unreasonable.

while bugs can happen. I personally have not seen any in a mastery test. 

and hey if something does happen and you fail because of that; boohoo, waiting 1 day really isn't that big of a deal. 

I disagree with you on the point that I think that the mastery tests are pretty decent tests for "real-game" skill testing. many of the things you need to know in order to keep up/perform at your best. 
Moving fast, accuracy of shooting, ability to stealth/sneak kill, ability to do parkour, ability to use your operator etc. 

Yeah, the cooldown just adds insult to injury. 

I've attempted the stealth test three times and because the engine is so massively buggy, I can't win. Also where in the game is stealth even necessary?! Every single Tenno bull rushes literally everything. Stealth may as well not even be in-game. You can have a Volt run an infestation fissure from start to finish in 10 seconds flat, without stopping and everything just dies in its general vicinity, but no, lets do some bullS#&$ mastery stealth mission with three tries and a 24hr cooldown, that'll show the newbs how to play. 

It's a seriously outdated system with an arbitrary time gate. Just remove the cooldown entirely.  

3 hours ago, Indomitous said:

Also where in the game is stealth even necessary?! Every single Tenno bull rushes literally everything. Stealth may as well not even be in-game.

There should be more uses for it in the game. It would be nice to have a couple of missions that punish you for rushing and reward you for stealthing it. Even without that, stealth is a lot more realistic in solo missions

Instead of these totally stupid Test, you can use one of the Bosses you find in the Worldmap, as a Masterytest, those tests are far away from this i see inside Missions. Meanwhile its frustrating, to solve this tests, without using the full potential of my equipment.

On 2022-06-18 at 5:36 PM, Indomitous said:

Yeah, the cooldown just adds insult to injury. 

I've attempted the stealth test three times and because the engine is so massively buggy, I can't win. Also where in the game is stealth even necessary?! Every single Tenno bull rushes literally everything. Stealth may as well not even be in-game. You can have a Volt run an infestation fissure from start to finish in 10 seconds flat, without stopping and everything just dies in its general vicinity, but no, lets do some bullS#&$ mastery stealth mission with three tries and a 24hr cooldown, that'll show the newbs how to play. 

It's a seriously outdated system with an arbitrary time gate. Just remove the cooldown entirely.  

1) Hugely exaggerated, the engine is not that buggy. 
2) You can win, you just don't because YOU FAIL to meet the objective.  In which game do you win the game when you fail to do the quest objective...ever? Don't expect to be rewarded for failure.
3) Stealth is used right now by high end players to speed level things and to focus farm. you can literally farm your daily focus cap in less than 5 minutes with stealth... It always has been the #1 way to level things since the very start that stealth got introduced in the game. 

Next to that is using stealth the easiest way to get high damage numbers, kill acolytes and kill kuva liches. Stealth is what allows you to literally 1 shot them, or at least be able to kill them without getting damage/getting killed yourself.

It's not an outdated system imho, you just sound like a butthurt player that can't pass a mission because it's too hard(rather said you refuse to learn how to achieve an objective) and instead of looking to improve you blame the system and expect to be rewarded for failing a test. 

My own personal opinion on this is please no.

They let you practice infinitely, the actual test has weight because there's consequence, and success in it has weight too because of it.

It's one of the only "hard" things in the game (hard in the sense that failing has consequences - nothing else in the game really does this, and it's sorely needed), please don't take it away. In fact, make more hard things.

I agree, this is a very annoying and purposeless time gate. None of the mastery tests reflect actual gameplay. They aren't a mark of competence or skill. They're a mark of how exactly and perfectly you can replicate an arbitrary series of actions. Not everyone has the ability to do this, nor do they need to have this ability in order to play the game. Even if you do have this ability, they can still be failed due to factors entirely beyond your control. Even if you can complete it in practice a hundred times, minor mistakes and bugs can happen regardless, and sometimes these unavoidable mistakes and bugs mean you have to wait 24 hours before you're allowed to continue progression.

Please don't listen to people that think you should be punished and prevented from progressing in a non-competitive PVE game because you're not capable of jumping through 1000 hoops in a row without error. If they're as good as they claim, removing the 24 hour limit will not affect them or their gameplay at the least. Since they've obviously already completed the mastery tests, they are opposing this change specifically because they want other people, not themselves, to be inconvenienced and frustrated. And we call people who want to make other people inconvenienced and frustrated on purpose "trolls".

Don't let trolls gatekeep your enjoyment of the game. Their gameplay doesn't affect you; your gameplay doesn't affect them. Their opinion is absolutely irrelevant to your personal situation. The only argument they have is "git gud". This argument is literally nothing but a personal attack, so you can safely disregard it.

Gonna have to disagree. You get unlimited practice runs nowadays, and many of the tests actually give you three lives... I mean it's a "Game Mastery" test after all... It's not a test if you can't fail it...

Back when I started playing , there was no way to practice a test, which was really annoying since many of these tests were quite cryptic and hard to figure out at first, especially with the pressure of not messing up. I remember it took me three or four days on a particular parkour test back then because I kept slipping up and failing to know where exactly to go and jump... Think I ended up studying a youtube video to know the way to go before retrying because last thing I wanted was to drag it one for a few more days.

But nowadays , you can just run the practice test 2-3 times in a row (basically till you are 95% certain you'll ace it), then do it... So it's really not a big deal. If you fail , it's your fault for assuming you'll "ace it" without trying it first and making sure you have the right build / gear for the job.

One thing they should do , however, is probably remove the 24 hours limit to activate the next level of test if you have the mastery rank for it.... Because it especially suck for the few early account mastery ranks to be MR progression blocked because you're leveling stuff faster than the mastery rank tests are available to you... Especially since these tests are brain dead easy anyway.

If DE wanted to monetize this they should give a paid plat option if you pass your practice test. For example, it’s a really hard and stupid test but I passed on my third practice test. Give an option to pay x amount of plat to make it an official pass. There, problem solved. You don’t want to wait? You can pay to advance provided you passed the practice. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 2022-06-17 at 3:13 PM, Eterud said:

Ye that's why they give you an option to skip all that time by paying them. Hell they even promoted paying them to skip farming with Prime Resurgence.

Almost everything in Warframe that makes it "build for the long term" is useless grind and waiting time. f.e. Sibear, with normal gameplay new player will get it at L1/L2 when he does not need cryotic for anything else to craft, and it will just stockpile. Waiting days for another mutagen to show on invasions is a pain, same with months between fomorian/razorback.  Oh and than we have however much railjack missions you have to do to get all those anomaly thingies, oh and things that are on vendor for set time, and then are put into 1% drop bracket from mob that spawns once per 20 minute mission.
There is a ton of limitations that are just from the ass so DE will have better "retention numbers" since I don't have that much time in a week to play, I just log in and get my daily streak. Than when I have some free days I would like to play the S#&$ out of warframe f.e. getting reputations, focus or w/e, but I can't I have to play 4hrs each day to get my soft caps done.
This is a terrible game design. Let players farm however much they want, don't just cap them cus you can. I get that people at DE have all the time each day to get things done, but it's not for everyone, especially with how much things are added that are behind RNG in the end (1% drops KEKW).
It's nice that they gave players finally some breathing room with Lich changes that you can target a weapon finally, not just run your head into the wall to get that one weapon, but it's still not player friendly game. It's made for dev to make money (I personally skipped couple of 1% item drops by just buying the thing with plat I made from other players).

On 2022-06-17 at 3:13 PM, Eterud said:

I used to be a new player, and was banged sideways a lot of times by pressing that shiny button to start the test. Heck for a long time I had no clue that there was an option to just try it. I just googled how it looks since MR16 or smthn like that. A lot of those tests are "how can you cheese them" rather than "test your skill" hell MR30-L2 tests are a joke, just like the rewards for getting that high of MR (ye let me buy a Tshirt to show normies how sweatie I'am) like who the hell even uses LOADOUT SLOTS, GIVE ME MORE WEAPON SLOTS DE I NEED THEM MORE.

• 2 weeks later...

I have failed Mastery rank ups because of glitches.  And then I have to wait 24 hours because a glitch, not my skill, knowledge, or experience, has cost me the mission.  I now have to wait 24 hours, and HOPE the glitch doesn't happen again.  I am currently waiting to retake a rank up, for the 3rd time, because the same glitch keeps costing me the mission.  And I only get ONE shot each time.  Please remove the 24 hour retake window.  

This cooldown never really made sense to me. I get time gating to increase player retention. I hate it. it absolutely disgusts me that it's a thing in the gaming industry at all. but I get it

This though. This doesnt really work for that. The mastery tests are time gates anyways. Indirectly behind the time gates to get equipment to master. An They're just so infrequent. It can't possibly be doing ANYTHING to increase player retention at this point. It's just frustrating and turns away new players. Most players'll get stuck on just a handfull of them. Maybe a weeks worth of extra logins on average for a player that you've already hooked into the game to get that far. An absolutely meaningless amount of time.

The single most pointless time gate I've ever seen in a game.

9 hours ago, PollexMessier said:

This cooldown never really made sense to me. I get time gating to increase player retention. I hate it. it absolutely disgusts me that it's a thing in the gaming industry at all. but I get it

This though. This doesnt really work for that. The mastery tests are time gates anyways. Indirectly behind the time gates to get equipment to master. An They're just so infrequent. It can't possibly be doing ANYTHING to increase player retention at this point. It's just frustrating and turns away new players. Most players'll get stuck on just a handfull of them. Maybe a weeks worth of extra logins on average for a player that you've already hooked into the game to get that far. An absolutely meaningless amount of time.

The single most pointless time gate I've ever seen in a game.

It prevents players from going from MR 1 to MR 22+ in a day. Not saying a lot of players will do that, but since it will be possible there will be a number greater than 1. So it is not pointless. Unnecessary for the majority of players maybe, but not pointless.

I used to play warframe on pc during the beta and around a couple of months after archwing release medical forced some time that I couldnt play anymore and afterwards I couldnt play very often and than my pc wasnt able to pc became outdated. I tried to play on consoles but wasnt a good fit, shooter game aiming with controller is horrid. I have acquired a great gaming rig Rtx3080 Razer Blade 15 Advanced with external razer core e-gpu setup. A couple weeks or less before tennocon2022 event was held, I was seeing the pre-event notices and it pulled me back in (a good thing) but I had none of my info to login, no email access & new phone number, so started fresh the only major negative was my MR maxed and most my gear maxed or nearly there. 

Im MR3 now but when I get the notification of a new test, it will say I cant take it immediately and has a timer of 24 hrs to open it. I havent failed any battle to trigger it, like how failures would trigger in the past. Now if I rank up to fast I have to wait to take the test, and not sure if this is the new norm or how did I trigger if its not a new ranking change? In the lower MR leveling process having less affinity requirement is something that causes new players from getting increased access to weapons and progression, the leveling process mid and high level affinity requirements make the 24hr wait period nearly unnoticeable impact. When I started playing again from the very beginming I had 3day affinity boostet, which between lvl 1 and the 24 hrs to take level 2 test, I wasnt earning any affinity from my missions and progress. The 3 day booster was a wasted roughly a day and a half part sleeping and part 24hr playing and not earning affinity while I waited for the test access. Failure of a test causing a 24hr retest does suck if you fail, but 24hr wait for passed test and followup test access because of the speed from passing starter missions and affinity booster access you reach the next test in a short timeframe, only to be made to wait, preventing access to weapons unlocked with the next rank aquired and begin leveling the better weapon options over mk-1 is delayed & not leveling the improved weapon options up delayed. It sucks all around, and Im not sure if it was a new implementation to the game leveling system or a bug but i think a fix or removing it should occur & brought back to the drawing board to make something more reasonable. I dont get why earning the Affinity to rank up is not enough of a factor for guaging MR leveling by on its own?

Intentional or bug if anyone can let me know I would appreciate it. If a bug and unintentional or even if intentional a longer or extra affinity booster compensation should be given, and intentional if continued should come with a notification prior to using your affinity booster so not a waste. Didnt mean to hijack the OP if its an issue let me know and i will delete and make a new post, but the leveling waiting period aspect was shared, and it sucks no matter the situation. New players failing becuase they lacked practice or werent prepared is often just a matter of getting the needed resources for leveling your mods to max cost available, or finding certain mods that have a higher benefit to the users gear. Later in game those factors are more clear and known, but newer early mastery tests are usually players who are just getting the basics understood. Knowing which mods are better for a specific weapon not just attaching whatever you have. Also, i didnt fail but I didnt even notice the practice button until my 3rd test. I undertand the reasoning, but for low level players who dont understand most of the things in the game yet, a change that implements the wait period for failures starting at level 5 but reduced wait time until lvl 10 and it becomes the full 24hrs. (Just a potential suggestion to improve new player experience and remove a potential factor that could make new players hit by a negative factor that chases them away before the content where really getting to feel the experience of being a tenno sets in. 

Sorry wrote a book again, reaper

Archived