Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Letting Hosts force Migrations and LOSING EVERYTHING was a horrible mistake

Solo extraction should stay, having to wait 60 seconds WITHOUT dying or waiting for another player to come to extraction is such a dumb idea.

Host migration losing all rewards and buffs is also a dumb idea, I shouldn't be penalized for staying in the mission due to my buffs being active and then be promptly punished for losing said buffs.

8 minutes ago, XHADgaming said:

Solo extraction should stay, having to wait 60 seconds WITHOUT dying or waiting for another player to come to extraction is such a dumb idea.

Host migration losing all rewards and buffs is also a dumb idea, I shouldn't be penalized for staying in the mission due to my buffs being active and then be promptly punished for losing said buffs.

Absolutely not in it's current state. If hosts have the ability to just, #*!% off my mission rewards, I'm not gonna be playing Warframe for much longer. I am SO TIRED of host migrations losing all rewards 

Imean How Hard Is It To Make Me Host Instead Of Losing Everything?!

... I'm not going to defend the so called "penalties" of host migrations but I'm going to point out something that someone else will most definitely point out in a few minutes or so...

... If you are tired of host migrations, stop having your matchmaking set to "Public" or "Friends Only"...

... Less efficient than what you want? Sure, but at least you don't lose the stuff.

Playing about 50% solo and 50% pub- the host migration failed only 1-2 times in months for me, usually works ok ,
still annoying but manageable.

But for some people it doesn't work, probably worth investigating, esp before crossplay with mobile hosts.

5 hours ago, (XBOX)CaligulaTwily said:

Absolutely not in it's current state. If hosts have the ability to just, #*!% off my mission rewards, I'm not gonna be playing Warframe for much longer. I am SO TIRED of host migrations losing all rewards 

Imean How Hard Is It To Make Me Host Instead Of Losing Everything?!

Just play Solo

now you're Always Host

17 hours ago, (XBOX)CaligulaTwily said:

Now hosts just solo extract immediately, and all mision rewards get lost. I do not like this new racing game "get to extraction before the host"

Lock solo extraction so hosts cannot, only other tenno

Or remove solo extraction, it is a horrible mistake RN

No that just trades 1 problem for another.

I think a better idea would be for DE to have players select a desired time or amount of rounds they want to stay in the mission for, at the start of the mission. Give players time to see each others choices, and adjust a bit, then start the mission and keep players from extracting till then. 

As for the host, their extraction timer would just need to be increased to maybe 2 minutes. I wouldnt want them to get trolled by a player who doesnt want to extract.

If DE can't or won't fix host migration issues after however many years, then the least they could do is warn the other players when the host is trying to extract. Bonus points for giving them a fast-travel option to the host.

I don't think allowing solo extraction is a mistake, rather the game needs to account for host migration more gracefully than it does now.

While that's likely not so easy to "fix" (any fix will come with its own tradeoffs) I think it's the right place to solve the problem. Just as you don't try to solve hardware problems in software (all you can do is work around them) you don't solve network architecture problems in game logic.

Archived