The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

How to infinite energy on protea without arcane energize or Zenurik (index friendly too!)

(XBOX)Lord ChibiVR

So basically, protea is perfect for an infinite energy build. It's actually very easy. You simply put equilibrium on her. Now normally equilibrium requires you to have a pet equipped with Synth Fiber. This is bad because if the pet dies, you lose the energy generator. However, you can bypass this using the mod combat discipline, which makes kills damage you, allowing you to carry the HP orbs. 

The reason why protea is (almost) the only one that can utilize this is because combat discipline uses your Aura slot, which means you cannot use Brief Respite aka the most powerful mod on anyone who doesn't have invisibility. 

Protea doesn't typically use Brief Respite because it cancels out her inherit 3 second shield gate that she gets from her 1. She also has dispensary to make hp orbs and she has a free aura forma, meaning she can use combat discipline without any setbacks. 

Also yeah you could probably use this on a few other frames like Ash, Octavia, Wisp, Zephyr etc, but then you will need something that generates HP orbs like dispensary, making it less effective.

You can Arcane Avenger and Agility on top or any of the "on damaged" effect arcanes as well if you have access to these, they proc off of Combat Discipline.

I like her cartwheel that has a unique speed bonus with Arcane Agility and if you want to get crazy stack amalgam barrel diffusion too, you can cartwheel Gauss into the dust lol 

9 minutes ago, cute_moth.npc said:

You can Arcane Avenger and Agility on top or any of the "on damaged" effects as well if you have access to these, they proc off of Combat Discipline.

This makes me miss Traumatic Redirection from Focus 1.0. Thanks :(

5 minutes ago, 0_The_F00l said:

Uh , sure , if you don't mind accidentally killing yourself once in a while.

Combat discipline is a little double edged , you can very easily get to a point where you kill more enemies that can be replenished with health orbs.

So use with caution.

I think I have died to enemies in Arbitrations with Protea twice in a lot of gameplay with her. I killed myself frequently though ^^;

Using a ranked down one you have some mod space is good to help with that,

Also having an attention span and remembering to pick up health before toasting 150 guys in a row is probably really helpful for players who have that.

Dispensery already generates "infinite" energy by design, without any special build. Your method just offers a way to exploit the Equilibrium mod and doubling Dispensery's output.

Your method is also relying on kills to sacrifice health for this exploit, but enemies drop health orbs all the time. So in practice you probably don't even really need Dispensery unless you are constantly spending a lot of energy.

1 hour ago, nslay said:

It's Index-friendly only when playing solo. IIRC, it screws up the energy and health orb spawns and angers players in pubs.

Maybe they fixed it, but I doubt it.

I think it also glitches them on solo. Could be because your dispenser leaves health orbs on the ground and there's probably limit how much there can be in level so no more energy or health orbs spawn. 

If you use Repair dispensary on Protea then you can just revive your sentinel/ Hound/ Moa, which is why I also reccomend running sacrifice on your sentinel if you choose to use one.

Not only will you have an energy generator, but you'll also have free revives making you nearly unkillable.

6 hours ago, (PSN)IdoThea said:

I think it also glitches them on solo. Could be because your dispenser leaves health orbs on the ground and there's probably limit how much there can be in level so no more energy or health orbs spawn. 

It does glitch it solo, but it doesn't really affect you since you are relying on Dispensary anyway.

8 hours ago, Pakaku said:

Your method just offers a way to exploit the Equilibrium mod and doubling Dispensery's output.

It's actually a fair bit more substantial than just doubling. Since Equilibrium gives energy based on the value of the orb, and Dispensary Health orbs give approximately 100 health each (plus a chance to double dip based on power strength), it's more accurate to say the synergy quintuples your energy intake per cycle. It's also not subject to a cooldown like Arcane Energise is.

8 minutes ago, Corvid said:

It's actually a fair bit more substantial than just doubling. Since Equilibrium gives energy based on the value of the orb, and Dispensary Health orbs give approximately 100 health each (plus a chance to double dip based on power strength), it's more accurate to say the synergy quintuples your energy intake per cycle. It's also not subject to a cooldown like Arcane Energise is.

I mean it is, but it's 125 (or more) energy every 5 seconds. Sometimes dispensary makes extra orbs to use.

Pakaku also forgot dispensary costs 75 energy, so via a normal method it takes 15-20 seconds just to get 25 energy back without energize or equilibrium.

vor 5 Stunden schrieb Grizzmoe:

If you use Repair dispensary on Protea then you can just revive your sentinel/ Hound/ Moa, which is why I also reccomend running sacrifice on your sentinel if you choose to use one.

Not only will you have an energy generator, but you'll also have free revives making you nearly unkillable.

good joke!
if someone kills me, then damage is way too high. and no sentinel will survive 4 seconds.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcR4jf-_1J7dTp6uIJZjDk3

Used Equilibrium when she was released, later just swapped to efficiency modding on her. Equilibrium is nice if you want to get more duration on her turrets, but capping efficiency still gives you enough room to get to a good duration point. I prefer cheaper turrets since it is far easier to reposition and use them in "mobile" missions.

2 hours ago, Venus-Venera said:

good joke!
if someone kills me, then damage is way too high. and no sentinel will survive 4 seconds.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcR4jf-_1J7dTp6uIJZjDk3

Seems to work just fine for me. Even on Steel path. Then again I do run mods like shepherd and prime regen so...

But somthing absolutely broken you can do is unbound last grasp in your focus school so that way you can run around as kiddo whenever you get downed, then use protective dash on your sentinel while it revives your Warframe making it indestructible.

The really broken part about it is that normally after reviving your fame, the sentinel is supposed to self destruct but it wont even do that if it revives you while its invincible.

Honestly, this dosen't even apply to Protea, I haven't even had to use repair dispensary at all after discovering this trick.

vor 1 Minute schrieb Grizzmoe:

Seems to work just fine for me. Even on Steel path. Then again I do run mods like shepherd and prime regen so...

But somthing absolutely broken you can do is unbound last grasp in your focus school so that way you can run around as kiddo whenever you get downed, then use protective dash on your sentinel while it revives your Warframe making it indestructible.

The really broken part about it is that normally after reviving your fame, the sentinel is supposed to self destruct but it wont even do that if it revives you while its invincible.

Honestly, this dosen't even apply to Protea, I haven't even had to use repair dispensary at all after discovering this trick.

that's exactly what I can't confirm. I often had pub runs where I jointed and ping was a bit too high. I can't activate def skill and died instantly. and! sentinel was dead 3 times in a row....

I don't think the mechanics work at all. and not everyone wants to install disp skill and waste a mod for sent rez.

1 hour ago, Grizzmoe said:

That's clever! IMO, that's not "broken" since Sacrifice is otherwise almost impossible to use outside of beginner missions (where you don't get downed anyway).

EDIT: Though that part where it doesn't destroy itself afterward is broken.

2 hours ago, Grizzmoe said:

Shh, we can't let people know this. This is like 50% of the reason I use Vazarin now, XD.

1 hour ago, nslay said:

That's clever! IMO, that's not "broken" since Sacrifice is otherwise almost impossible to use outside of beginner missions (where you don't get downed anyway).

EDIT: Though that part where it doesn't destroy itself afterward is broken.

I agree, but I do think DE needs to look at better ways to make Companions tougher in general. A lot of similar games have Companions completely immune to specific attacks like AoE, or they give them a much higher DR value to compensate for them being stupid.

I don't mind my Companions being able to die in a general sense, but I can't understand why it's such a pain to keep them alive even in the basic Starchart.

Archived