Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

open world teleporting portals

(XBOX)Darkskytzo

Would there be a way to turn off the teleporting portals if you are the host in the open world maps,(in the options menu to disable them) because newer players just consistantly keep waypointing them and they are really annoying regardless. we have k-drives and archwings and yes i understand new players don't have them,but is it really giving them any reason to get a k-drive or archwing with the teleporters there.
plus they're not that hard to get anyway.
and on a side note doing eidolon hunts when the eidolon appears you see portals that have the same energy coming out of the ground as the eidolon.

well most new players mr 1-6 always complain about where do i find irodite,cetus wisps.
if they would just walk around instead of using those teleporters they would find alot more about the open worlds instead of just jumping from 1 spot to another.
we all have opinions i just think they're pointless for newer players and useless for the higher mr ranks is all and just wish they could be toggled on and off.

😂

I see what youre saying, idk man. I mean if i want to teleport i teleport but if im hoping to see something rare and valuable to me along the way id be more inclined to k-drive.

But thats just it yeah? Like 1 of 2 issues happen

1.) Maybe you pass up something useful but you dont know you need it yet. Like maybe a new weapon could use a certain resource you are ignoring, but you dont know it needs it

2.) You have everything useful the open world could offer

I vote to keep teleporters but if you want me to consider grounded movement. Tell me that i can get a chance to double my rewards by using K-Drive or Archwing to see enemies carrying cargo or something on my route to extraction. Its not 100% chance to spawn but maybe a 75% chance would be enough, being very much worth my time. Especially if they offer endgame resources such as kuva. Extraction in warframe means 1 thing, Get there ASAP. So naturally anything slower gets overlooked.

K-drive and archwhing breaks DEs big rule, which is not making you feel like youre playing the game wrong. Especially K-drive, it still has a LONG way to go before it stops making you feel that way when the objective is going ANYWHERE. 🤢😭

2 hours ago, (XBOX)Darkskytzo said:

we have k-drives and archwings and yes i understand new players don't have them,but is it really giving them any reason to get a k-drive or archwing with the teleporters there.

If you want any sort of fine control in your travel, blinkpads are no good. You're limited to using fixed points on the map that you can teleport to and from, you can't just magically teleport from anywhere you are, to anywhere you want. So archwings give you more flexibility. They also give you vertical movement and aerial combat options. I can't think of any reason to use K-Drives, though...

There's also a weird animation and delay when using the blinkpads, and I can't stand that at all.

Once you pass a certain distance  blinkpads become faster than archwing.  

44 minutes ago, PollexMessier said:

I just find it insulting that they added these but the blink cooldown still exists and they nerfed void dash

While I am not insulted, I am quite annoyed. I used to spam void dash a good deal for open worlds. Now it is so slow.

5 hours ago, rapt0rman said:

Allowing hosts to control game mechanics in public missions sounds like a bad idea. As per usual, if you want to dictate how your group plays, make a private group.

it's not having control of it....it's just if you wanna see it or not,while the rest can.
your hud works the same way in warframe.

34 minutes ago, rapt0rman said:

Oh... Sure, I guess? Doesn't have much to do with being the host then, though.

it doesn't,,but maybe it would be easier to just allow the host to do it or just have a toggle in the options menu for it.
say if you are running bounties solo and don't want them there, you have that option.

i dont really see why they were added. they have zero usability for people that arent new, since the teleportation time is already longer than getting to most places even in PoE. maybe if you actually went full length from one edge to the other, but that doesnt even really happen.

for new players they arent really usefull either. you just dont do much in PoE untill you got your archwing. its better to just rush the starchart anyway.

the only actual issue that i have with them, is taht they... just dont fit in. they just stick out, especially on PoE. really, DE should've added better, terrain specific models for them. because now they just look terrible.

Archived