Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

You don't get the Lich weapon if you Convert them?

(NSW)HedEmpTy

Question

I finally defeated my first Kuva Lich today and... I thought you got the Kuva Lich's weapon for defeating them in the final fight, regardless of your choice to kill or convert them upon winning?

(I'm feeling a bit ripped-off, but if it turns out you only get the weapon for killing them, then at least it wasn't a weapon I was very invested in getting.)

Alternately, do I have a problem I should make noise at DE over? Drop a support ticket?

12 answers to this question

44 minutes ago, (PSN)haphazardlynamed said:

Never Convert, it's a dumb feature

they aren't really useful as RailJack Crew

and aside from that, they'll randomly show up in your missions when you seem to need help, which is Meh at best, at worst that'll screw up your stealth mission.

I only convert them to give to the mates, I have all they can give, so while I'm helping out a mate with the current one I'm working on the one that they need the gun for, so once we kill them both I can give him the converted one.

1 hour ago, (PSN)haphazardlynamed said:

Never Convert, it's a dumb feature

they aren't really useful as RailJack Crew

and aside from that, they'll randomly show up in your missions when you seem to need help, which is Meh at best, at worst that'll screw up your stealth mission.

they only show up if you get killed. even then it's small chance and they don't do much.

they actually come useful. solo interception. drop a specter and your captured lich (you can summon them from gear wheel) and usually they can successfully defend a point or two for you, less running back and forth between all 4 points. also they do way better job as railjack crew than the usual 'hired' ones.

Not really worth converting unless you don't have even the least interest in the weapon (like, a 25% bonus impact Kuva Karak or something) and even then, you might as well vanquish and just sell the bloody thing.

The only conditions anyone should ever convert is if they are not interested in the weapon and find the name and/or personality of the Lich funny.

6 hours ago, bang-smash said:

also they do way better job as railjack crew than the usual 'hired' ones.

This is just false.
while they do have a larger health pool, that's all there is to them, they can't repair the ship, they can't operate the guns or pilot it while you're inside objectives. They only fend off boarders and their damage falls off fast when you get to the veil, while a crew member with 0 0 5 5 5 and a fully modded AoE weapon shreds any boarders in seconds while the litch will tickle them.
you obviously never ranked up your command intrinsics enough or had good ticker RNG with the crew skill distribution.
liches are just bench warmer crew till the tenno can muster up the resources/credits to get the real deal.

Archived