Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Warframe speculation: Joe mad's werewolf

(XBOX)Nightseid

9 hours ago, (PSN)Rainbow_Neos1 said:

Lycath actually makes sense I guess. In a way... Root prefix. 

Yeah, but I think there's something to OP's point. Look at the lore we know about from the new frame;

Four wolf heads that used to be a pack that travelled with her, her passive function can change four different ways, massively athletic-fit female body type, signature weapons are an axe and an Energy based sniper rifle. 

The myth of the goddess that the name 'Voruna' is based on is one that was accompanied by a pack of wolves, lived in the wilds, and protected the balance of the wild woods. She was a goddess often equated to Medeina, who was a goddess of wild places (and apparently a 'voluptuous' maiden goddess... so...), and even had crossovers with Diana in Roman times (or Artemis, if you want to be Greek).

So she has wolves, obvious, but she's equated with four goddesses for four passives. Her form is obviously just Joe Mad's preference, but has solid basis in the myth there. The goddesses she was linked to also lived in the wilds, so an Axe is probably the best signature melee there, and Diana/Artemis as well as Medeina (we know less about the name-sake goddess, Zvoruna, who I can't spell correctly on an English keyboard) had the ability to summon 'arrows of moonlight' for their bows, and DE probably thought 'oh, we can't make her another archer, that's Ivara's thing' so they gave her an energy-based rifle instead. 

Given this really, suspiciously specific coincidence between the lore of the frame and the lore of the name... I think OP is actually on to something.

Oh, and I found the rest of the names:

Disa, Ylva, Ghella, Fengarou and Nashoba. In terms of popularity, Disa had the least votes at tenth, then Ghella, Nashoba, Ylva and then Fengarou came in most popular of the ones that didn't get picked for anything.

9 hours ago, Birdframe_Prime said:

Yeah, but I think there's something to OP's point. Look at the lore we know about from the new frame;

Four wolf heads that used to be a pack that travelled with her, her passive function can change four different ways, massively athletic-fit female body type, signature weapons are an axe and an Energy based sniper rifle. 

The myth of the goddess that the name 'Voruna' is based on is one that was accompanied by a pack of wolves, lived in the wilds, and protected the balance of the wild woods. She was a goddess often equated to Medeina, who was a goddess of wild places (and apparently a 'voluptuous' maiden goddess... so...), and even had crossovers with Diana in Roman times (or Artemis, if you want to be Greek).

So she has wolves, obvious, but she's equated with four goddesses for four passives. Her form is obviously just Joe Mad's preference, but has solid basis in the myth there. The goddesses she was linked to also lived in the wilds, so an Axe is probably the best signature melee there, and Diana/Artemis as well as Medeina (we know less about the name-sake goddess, Zvoruna, who I can't spell correctly on an English keyboard) had the ability to summon 'arrows of moonlight' for their bows, and DE probably thought 'oh, we can't make her another archer, that's Ivara's thing' so they gave her an energy-based rifle instead. 

Given this really, suspiciously specific coincidence between the lore of the frame and the lore of the name... I think OP is actually on to something.

That just sounds like a name being more fitting to the frame in question than the other offered names. The only psychology at work here would then be people going for the naming that is the most relevant out of the given choices. No psychological manipulation is necessary for that kind of thing. It's just a "select the most fitting answer" multiple-choice question.

Also when we were voting on her name we didn't have the insight that she's going to have four separate passives or even that each head is specifically specialized and related to a different ability, so that wasn't a factor.

7 minutes ago, Alchemist_Moth said:

That just sounds like a name being more fitting to the frame in question than the other offered names.

I think you may have missed OP's point here; only a few people will have actually looked up the name before voting. However, it was the only name that had a clarification in parenthesis next to it.

Literally there in the options as 'Voruna (Zvoruna)', instead of just the name on its own. If all of the names had had a clarification, it wouldn't have stood out.

So why was it the only one that did?

OP's point is that it's the only option with what could be classed as an 'eye catch' point, which is a function I (deliberately) use all the time in print design for my job. The option with an eye catching function is, almost exclusively, the one chosen on a public poll, increasing in likelihood the more people you get. Not because it's the one people actually like the best, but because out of the majority of people that have no feelings either way, those people will just pick the one that appears most obvious.

Given that the name has all of this lore associated with it, and that the frame's in-progress abilities can be fitted to this lore, I genuinely wouldn't be surprised if DE didn't use this as an exploit to actually pick a name and get us to vote for it.

13 hours ago, Birdframe_Prime said:

Oh, and I found the rest of the names:

Disa, Ylva, Ghella, Fengarou and Nashoba. In terms of popularity, Disa had the least votes at tenth, then Ghella, Nashoba, Ylva and then Fengarou came in most popular of the ones that didn't get picked for anything.

It was only between Voruna and Lycath logically. 

17 hours ago, (PSN)Rainbow_Neos1 said:

It was only between Voruna and Lycath logically. 

I don't see how purely subjective opinions can be taken as logical exclusives. If you want to talk logically, then logically if there is no outstanding factor to a name (like OP is pointing out existed), the results will be very hard to predict on something as subjective as a name.

Past polls have been incredibly close as well, and when it came to some of them DE just picked one themselves based on suggestions, rather than leaving it up to the community (like Gara). The only ones I've seen this polarised are ones where the design council could pick an Augment for a warframe, and DE flat out ignored them because the augment they picked would have been incredibly powerful.

22 hours ago, Birdframe_Prime said:

Literally there in the options as 'Voruna (Zvoruna)', instead of just the name on its own. If all of the names had had a clarification, it wouldn't have stood out.

I think that was more done so people would know how it is pronounced aswell as giving people a better chance at finding info on it since there was info about it to be found. If they hadnt done that people would have kinda not been able to find info on what Voruna actually means, as opposed to the other names that have actual meanings, like Ylva (with that exact spelling). At which point people would have thought it was made up like Lycath or Ulfra since there is really nothing to find on those.

The first thing I did since I was interested was to search "Voruna", which gave me no results except for some names on real life people. However, Zvoruna took me to the right place to get info on the background. Just as if I'd search Ylva and get an explaination of what it means and where it comes from, or any of the other non-made up names of the poll. So for me it is only fair that it was highlighted with Zvoruna, so all the "real" names had the same information available if people are interested in that stuff.

edit: I'd did certainly not influence what I voted on.

3 hours ago, SneakyErvin said:

At which point people would have thought it was made up like Lycath or Ulfra since there is really nothing to find on those.

Funny you should say, because both of those have actual roots in the naming of wolves or werewolves specifically. With Lycath having roots with the Greek myth of the first guy (in Greek myth) to get transformed into a wolf for his sins, the myth of Lycaon being the actual root of the word 'lycanthrope'. And Ulfra is literally just taken from the Scandinavian 'Ulf' for 'Wolf'.

While many names for frames have been taken from actual names of things or myths, just as many are made-up or are devolutions of other names, like Gara, which is a shortening of Garasu, which is how Japanese people stereotypically pronounce the word glass. Sounds far-fetched? It's not, it's literally DE's reason for choosing the name, they announced it on the thread at the time.

Voruna is a devolution of the mythological name, yes, but why did they actually clarify? If they didn't, then nobody would have found the lore, nobody would see how it lines up with the abilities they're planning and so on.

Why did the others not have something else? Like Lycath could have a clarification of 'Lycaon' so people could look up the myth, or Disa having 'Queen Disa' to show her routes in a Swedish female adventurer who outsmarted the gods to become Queen of her people, or how about Fengarou having just 'Fenris Garou' to show it's the combination of Fenris wolf from Norse myth and garou, the French word for wolf.

If every option were given a clarification, it wouldn't be so odd. They didn't need to clarify Voruna, and never have for any of their choices before letting us know which one they chose on previous polls, which is why it seems so weird to me and to OP.

edit: I'd did certainly not influence what I voted on.

Thank you for the single point of data, but you aren't the majority. And I say that with absolute respect for anecdotal evidence as side notes.

Statistics show the strongest correlation between doing something exactly like DE did and getting a specific answer for a poll, and psychology backs it up with multiple studies on how, while it doesn't affect everyone, it effects enough people that a large enough base of respondents will give a specific answer to a poll if it has something like DE's little clarification.

Marketing, ad design, all of that is built on the concept of getting the attention of those that really don't actually care about something. Getting that attention just long enough so that if they were asked to make a choice from a list, the thing that caught their attention will be the thing they choose. Not because of any particular feeling on the matter, just that the one thing that caught their eye made them aware of it more than the others.

OP is on the money with this.

5 hours ago, Birdframe_Prime said:

don't see how purely subjective opinions can be taken as logical exclusives

Ok. Go make a logical connection as to why any of the other names worked. 

Lyca is a prefix of lycanthrope (werewolf). 

Voruna associates with a goddess linked to wolves. 

Go ahead. Give an argument for the other names bring wolf like. 

19 minutes ago, (PSN)Rainbow_Neos1 said:

Lyca is a prefix of lycanthrope (werewolf). 

Voruna associates with a goddess linked to wolves. 

Go ahead. Give an argument for the other names bring wolf like. 

Hmmmm,

Raksha 

Rakshasas were most often depicted as shape-shifting, fierce-looking, enormous monstrous-looking creatures, with two fangs protruding from the top of the mouth and having sharp, claw-like fingernails. They were shown as being mean, growling beasts, and as insatiable man-eaters that could smell the scent of human flesh.

We Tenno and our Warframes are called Void Demons a lot, but the overall theme of this particular demon may or may not fit Voruna as a whole. A beast could be a wolf, but typically in this instance more like a monster than an animal.

Dinara

Dinara (or Arabic: دينارا) is a popular Kazakh feminine given name, which means "expensive".
Meaning: "expensive"

treasure

Meaning of Dinara

Russian name meaning "treasure."

Can't really find any other language this name appears in, but these two are all about treasure or gold. Doesn't fit a Wolf at all.

Disa

Disa - Wikipedia

Likely refers to the Heroine of the same name. Nothing about her mention's animals, wolves, or beasts. 

Ylva

She-wolf

Ylva (She-wolf, female Wolf) is an old Swedish female given name. It is the female form of the masculine given name Ulf and is one of the earliest names to appear in documents.

Ulfra

FEMININE FORM: ulfo. LANGUAGE FAMILY: indo-european > germanic > west germanic > german ORIGIN: germanic / old norse NAME ROOT: *-WULFAZ > úLFR. MEANING: This name derives from the Old Norse name “úlfr”, from the Ancient Germanic element “*-wulfaz”, meaning “wolf”.

Ghella

Honestly, didn't din anything on this. Someone else may have a better luck. Nothing I found could confirm the meaning to this name, but most state it's a Surname.

Fengarou, this name likely refers to Fengari

The current common name, though, is Fengari or Fenghári, which means moon. According to a local legend, anyone who stands at the top of the mountain during the night of a full moon will see something that they wish for coming true.

Nashoba

wolf

Nashoba Origin and Meaning
The name Nashoba is both a boy's name and a girl's name meaning "wolf". A fierce nature name which could give cool short form Nash.

So, most of the names either have a loose connection to Wolves, Werewolves, or outright mean Wolf or She-Wolf in one instance. 

EDIT: Just realized I didn't provide the links. Honestly, most of this was copy pasted from just a google search so the links would be obnoxiously long if I did copy paste. 

EDIT 2: Here is my opinion on all the names; Voruna won because it's easier to pronounce or assume its pronunciation. If they went with Zvoruna, I am betting my arse it would not have won by a landside compared to Voruna itself. All the other options are just... odd to pronounce. 

20 minutes ago, (PSN)Rainbow_Neos1 said:

Disa, Norse heroine famed for outsmarting the gods to become queen, the myth speaks of her using four different ways to outsmart the limitations put on her by the gods including balancing day and night, the year and month, her clothing, and her mode of travel. Easily linked to four passives, and the Norse symbol of the Wolf is so incredibly common that you can't go through an entire story of anything without encountering the imagery or references to it.

Raksha, devolution of the word Rakshasha, the monstrous, man-eating defenders of the Waters of Creation. Often described as having fanged mouths, claws, and flaming hair (like the energy tail we saw on the concept art). While not a wolf, definitely can be used to describe the concept, many of the powers from the myths could have been translated into her actual abilities.

Dynara, devolution of Deinara, one of the daughters of Lycaon the mythical man who's myth was used to coin the word 'lycanthrope'. If Lycath works, so does this.

Ulfra is an extension of Ulf, the scandinavian word for Wolf

Nashoba, native american given name literally meaning Wolf

Ylva, Swedish given name literally meaning She-wolf

Fengarou, combination of Fenris (the wolf) and Garou, the french word for Wolf

The only one I can't find a reason for in a five minute google search is Ghella.

Which means that, from a logical standpoint, 9 out of 10 would have worked.

Do you, perhaps, want to try a different angle with this argument? Because I think you didn't actually put any real effort into that throw-away comment.

::Edit:: Even to the point that somebody else called you out on it before I did.

4 minutes ago, Birdframe_Prime said:

Disa, Norse heroine famed for outsmarting the gods to become queen, the myth speaks of her using four different ways to outsmart the limitations put on her by the gods including balancing day and night, the year and month, her clothing, and her mode of travel. Easily linked to four passives, and the Norse symbol of the Wolf is so incredibly common that you can't go through an entire story of anything without encountering the imagery or references to it.

Dynara, devolution of Deinara, one of the daughters of Lycaon the mythical man who's myth was used to coin the word 'lycanthrope'. If Lycath works, so does this.

I had a feeling there was something with these three I was missing. I didn't read through Disa thoroughly, skimmed it, so missed the four methods of outsmarting the gods. Dynara I had a feeling I may not have found the right meaning, and completely missed that Fengarou is a mashup of two languages. 

3 hours ago, Birdframe_Prime said:

Raksha, devolution of the word Rakshasha, the monstrous, man-eating defenders of the Waters of Creation. Often described as having fanged mouths, claws, and flaming hair (like the energy tail we saw on the concept art). While not a wolf, definitely can be used to describe the concept, many of the powers from the myths could have been translated into her actual abilities.

Ulfra is an extension of Ulf, the scandinavian word for Wolf

Nashoba, native american given name literally meaning Wolf

Ylva, Swedish given name literally meaning She-wolf

The only one I can't find a reason for in a five minute google search is Ghella.

Which means that, from a logical standpoint, 9 out of 10 would have worked.

Do you, perhaps, want to try a different angle with this argument? Because I think you didn't actually put any real effort into that throw-away comment.

::Edit:: Even to the point that somebody else called you out on it before I did.

Dope. Learned new things. 

My comment wasn't throwaway but I know it likely makes you feel better for it to be rather than it not being. I was speaking from my then perspective. I can acknowledge I don't know everything, hence why I pushed you to share your knowledge. Too bad it included an insult along with it. 

You could use your knowledge to teach people without tearing them down like the guy before you who responded to me did. 

3 hours ago, (PSN)FunyFlyBoy said:

Hmmmm,

Raksha 

We Tenno and our Warframes are called Void Demons a lot, but the overall theme of this particular demon may or may not fit Voruna as a whole. A beast could be a wolf, but typically in this instance more like a monster than an animal.

Dinara

Can't really find any other language this name appears in, but these two are all about treasure or gold. Doesn't fit a Wolf at all.

Disa

Disa - Wikipedia

Likely refers to the Heroine of the same name. Nothing about her mention's animals, wolves, or beasts. 

Ylva

Ulfra

Ghella

Honestly, didn't din anything on this. Someone else may have a better luck. Nothing I found could confirm the meaning to this name, but most state it's a Surname.

Fengarou, this name likely refers to Fengari

Nashoba

So, most of the names either have a loose connection to Wolves, Werewolves, or outright mean Wolf or She-Wolf in one instance. 

EDIT: Just realized I didn't provide the links. Honestly, most of this was copy pasted from just a google search so the links would be obnoxiously long if I did copy paste. 

EDIT 2: Here is my opinion on all the names; Voruna won because it's easier to pronounce or assume its pronunciation. If they went with Zvoruna, I am betting my arse it would not have won by a landside compared to Voruna itself. All the other options are just... odd to pronounce. 

Thank you. This was helpful and without hostilit. Purely informative. 

19 hours ago, Birdframe_Prime said:

Funny you should say, because both of those have actual roots in the naming of wolves or werewolves specifically. With Lycath having roots with the Greek myth of the first guy (in Greek myth) to get transformed into a wolf for his sins, the myth of Lycaon being the actual root of the word 'lycanthrope'. And Ulfra is literally just taken from the Scandinavian 'Ulf' for 'Wolf'.

While many names for frames have been taken from actual names of things or myths, just as many are made-up or are devolutions of other names, like Gara, which is a shortening of Garasu, which is how Japanese people stereotypically pronounce the word glass. Sounds far-fetched? It's not, it's literally DE's reason for choosing the name, they announced it on the thread at the time.

Voruna is a devolution of the mythological name, yes, but why did they actually clarify? If they didn't, then nobody would have found the lore, nobody would see how it lines up with the abilities they're planning and so on.

Why did the others not have something else? Like Lycath could have a clarification of 'Lycaon' so people could look up the myth, or Disa having 'Queen Disa' to show her routes in a Swedish female adventurer who outsmarted the gods to become Queen of her people, or how about Fengarou having just 'Fenris Garou' to show it's the combination of Fenris wolf from Norse myth and garou, the French word for wolf.

If every option were given a clarification, it wouldn't be so odd. They didn't need to clarify Voruna, and never have for any of their choices before letting us know which one they chose on previous polls, which is why it seems so weird to me and to OP.

Thank you for the single point of data, but you aren't the majority. And I say that with absolute respect for anecdotal evidence as side notes.

Statistics show the strongest correlation between doing something exactly like DE did and getting a specific answer for a poll, and psychology backs it up with multiple studies on how, while it doesn't affect everyone, it effects enough people that a large enough base of respondents will give a specific answer to a poll if it has something like DE's little clarification.

Marketing, ad design, all of that is built on the concept of getting the attention of those that really don't actually care about something. Getting that attention just long enough so that if they were asked to make a choice from a list, the thing that caught their attention will be the thing they choose. Not because of any particular feeling on the matter, just that the one thing that caught their eye made them aware of it more than the others.

OP is on the money with this.

Well yes, but they are made up. Zvoruna is the actual name. Lycath is for instance not a different version of Lycaon. Just as Ulfra is made up and "scandified" in a very very poor way I might add. What I'm saying is, we have plenty of name on the list that are actual exsisting names, so allowing people to find the meaning of Voruna by highlighting Zvoruna is not wrong. They couldnt have done the same for Lycath or Ulfra, since there is no actual different spelling for them that actually means something. Not to mention that doing something like "Ulfra (Ulf)" would not have helped that name, since it would end up with links to a page saying "Ulf is a male name that means wolf, see Ylva for the female version." more or less.

I really dont see what other frames have to do with this, since we are more or less uhm discussing a poll here where players might want to know what something means before placing a vote. Gara for instance never had a vote going on for her name, so it is highly pointless to bring up that other frames have names with vague or full meanings.

Voruna is a devolution to make it easier for english people to pronounce it, just like us scands need to add letters to mythological names so english people can somewhat pronounce them. Though most of them are far more well known and global, so dont need to have their original spelling added. And please dont get me started on the stupidity that is "Fenrir" instead of Fenris. Ugh.

Disa have far older and more relevant meaning than that Disa though, so it would be quite misleading to guide it to that beotch. That story is practically just a late dark age explaination of why we have things such as Disablot, all in order to remove the old ways from scandinavia. That saga for instance claims that the blot is in honor of her, but in reality, disablot refers to blot done to please diser i.e godesses of the asa and vanir bloodlines. It is also possibly a saga written to discredit the far earlier and mostly mythological story about the Ynglinga family. And I gotta ask, how do we know Fen in Fengarou refers to Fenris?

But why would they all need clarification? All the names that mean something can be found as is with a search already, and the made up ones that are up for interpretation are just that, up for interpretation. Voruna was not made up, only simplified for the english audience. The rest of the actual names are as is and for the made up ones I dont think DE knows what every part refers to, since only the inventor of them can really explain that.

While yeah, this highlighted name can have scewed things, does it really matter? I very much doubt it was done purposefully to scew results, and more done as a favor to people (like me) interested in the meaning behind a new name. What would have happened if they didnt highlight Zvoruna to keep it even? Or if DE started to assume the inspiration for the made up names by highlighting them and seperating them into parts while not doing it for others? Should Ulfra have just been (Ulf), but what if ra has some meaning in it, what if it doesnt? Should Lycath have (Lycanthrope) or (Lycaon) highlighted? Disa (Dis), (Disa) or what? Fengarou (Fenris, Garou) or just (Garou), how would DE know? I mean, DE clarifying that Fen refers to Fenris without them actually being sure could also scew things, cos you'd have people sitting there going "Zomg name based on both Fenris and french for Werewolf! Sign me up awooooo!".

While yeah, this highlighted name can have scewed things, does it really matter?

Yes.

That's. The point. Of the thread.

That's the discussion on the table.

OP spotted that there was a bias in the polling, and suggested that it was caused by this highlighting of the name, and then suggested that this was actually deliberate because of how much it actually related to the designs for the frame's basic functions when those were revealed.

And I am here to back up OP and point out that yes, that's looking more and more evident over time. With the more things they reveal about the nature of the frame, it's actually looking incredibly likely that DE put this highlight into the poll to deliberately skew the results towards the name they actually wanted.

What we get out of this?

The ability to point at something and say 'AH-HAH! Called it!'

Not a lot else, because the decision is made and the frame is being released in about a week.

But it's the satisfaction of knowing that DE got a thousand players to jump through a hoop and give the result they wanted with a trick that's both simple and yet so innocuous looking that actual studies have been done on the trick for use in ad campaigns and psychological bias arguments for years.

Might not mean much, but before the poll was made fully public Lycath was winning by a very wide margin, and it continued to win for a few days even amongst a movement to specifically make Lycath lose. Voruna was the one that most quickly overtook Lycath. According to the variety of comments plenty of people looked up what the names all mean before voting, and most of those who did chose Voruna over the other options. At least initially it seemed that the goal wasn't to get Voruna to win, but instead to just make sure Lycath didn't end up as the warframe's name.

The addition of context next to the name may have drawn eyes, but I think it's ultimately the most negligible of the factors that lead to Voruna's victory.

Of course though I'm autistic, so I can't say I can truly understand how the average person processes such information into selecting a choice.

5 hours ago, Alchemist_Moth said:

Of course though I'm autistic, so I can't say I can truly understand how the average person processes such information into selecting a choice.

You're fine ^^

What I've been saying on this thread is that there are actual psychological studies done on the effects of modifying polls in the exact way that DE have, I studied them back when I was in college (UK, not US college) about... oh, that would be twenty years ago now. The basic results were that more people are going to go for an 'interesting' option than others, even if the other options have something more meaningful to the topic. This is because the greater volume of people are ones that don't actually look things up and only take an option because it's different, or if they do choose to look up an option they only pick that one because it's different.

Whatever the actual motive behind the highlight that DE put on the poll, it definitely caused the poll to shift, there is a real scientific reason behind it doing so.

That highlight definitely picked the name that DE wanted for the frame, and as we see more from the frame I keep seeing things that back up why DE would have wanted us to choose this name. I'm already expecting the Leverian entry to have something to do with the Zvoruna/Medeina legends when it's released, too.

And, maybe as a further reason why; DE didn't want this to be the 'werewolf' frame, and have all the kids complaining that it didn't transform or have lycanthrope tropes. They said they didn't want it to do those things on the reveal stream, and that almost certainly plays into the abilities they want to give the frame, allowing it to have more interesting (in their eyes, don't know how we're going to see them) abilities.

15 hours ago, Birdframe_Prime said:

Yes.

That's. The point. Of the thread.

That's the discussion on the table.

OP spotted that there was a bias in the polling, and suggested that it was caused by this highlighting of the name, and then suggested that this was actually deliberate because of how much it actually related to the designs for the frame's basic functions when those were revealed.

And I am here to back up OP and point out that yes, that's looking more and more evident over time. With the more things they reveal about the nature of the frame, it's actually looking incredibly likely that DE put this highlight into the poll to deliberately skew the results towards the name they actually wanted.

What we get out of this?

The ability to point at something and say 'AH-HAH! Called it!'

Not a lot else, because the decision is made and the frame is being released in about a week.

But it's the satisfaction of knowing that DE got a thousand players to jump through a hoop and give the result they wanted with a trick that's both simple and yet so innocuous looking that actual studies have been done on the trick for use in ad campaigns and psychological bias arguments for years.

It's a leap though, since DE did not come up with the name suggestion, and the kit of the frame most certainly started to take shape long before the name Voruna was ever seen as a suggestion. I'm more inclined to think the original suggestion was what we saw, Voruna with the clarification Zvoruna. If DE had come up with all the names and really wanted Voruna picked I'd see the "scheme" here. But it doesnt come from DE at all, all the names come from players for other players to vote on. 

If they really would have wanted to scew it then the name poll wouldnt have arrived until after the kit mechanics reveal. Since no one knew it would be a pack based frame when the names were revealed.

It's a leap though

More like a small, dainty step.

Doesn't matter where the names were sourced from, or how, they didn't have to clarify a name. Not doing so would have resulted in a far more balanced poll, doing so resulted in a heavily skewed poll.

The announced functions of the frame tie in too neatly with the name that was highlighted for this to be a coincidence. And I'm willing to bet you a chunk of Plat that the Leverian entry has a story heavily drawn from the legend of Zvoruna/Medeina too.

Because DE wanted that name to be chosen to make it easier for them to design the lore and abilities of the frame.

Archived