Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Toggle Warframe body effects (ex. Xaku, Garuda, Mirage)

Sevenus.

This is something that has been bugging me for years now - Body effects.

By body effects i mean certain effects caused by abilities affect the warframe's body, for example Xaku's body parts being blown off when casting his 4, leaving only a skeleton, and  garuda's body being covered in blood when her passive stacks up to 100%.

Gara's shattering glass has been removed when she got primed if im not mistaken, was sure DE added a toggle option for the glass to be removed when using the ability or not.

Would it be possible to add a toggle effect on the appearence menu of these warframes for example? so players could choose if they want this body effects to appear or not.

examples:

-Toggle Xaku's shattering body when casting his 4th ability, so it wont break for those who choose to turn it off.

-Garuda's blood on her body, honestly having my warframe painted in red ruins fashion.

-Toggle Mirage's eclipse buff visual effect.

At the moment i can't recall other frames with similar effects, if you know any let me know ill add them in.

Gara's armor shattering with her 2 is a big one.

They removed the feature entirely, against the requests of the community, in May of last year, rather than implementing a toggle. The community still wants a toggle.

Rhino's iron skin would also be great to have a toggle for.

It would be nice to have a toggle for those visual body effects. From what I can tell, Mirage's Eclipse still causes Archwing skins to bug out in various ways (Like the bright green Archwings) for the duration of the ability, as well as the Helminth version of Eclipse used by any other frame. I've tested that out everywhere you can summon the AW, from Railjack to those submersible missions too.

I may need to double-check, but I think the brief ability video for Gara still shows her glass breaking when you hover over it.

I absolutely support having a toggle for Warframe body effects - you put all that thought and effort and attention to aesthetic into your fashion frame (And possibly your money, too - microtransactions for cosmetic things)... And it gets visually obliterated by certain Warframe abilities. (Or, in the case of Gara, plenty of people wanted her body effect because it was cool how her armor shattered for her cloud of crystal shards.)

Gara is the most egregious, just because that was directly against what the community at large wanted and still wants. I'd say followed by either Mirage's Eclipse with all its texture/visual bugs, or Xaku's ultimate removing all your armor pieces.

(Although, Rhino's Iron Skin covering all your careful color choices with dull grey is the one that I'm most affected by - I use Rhino a lot.)

• 2 weeks later...
On 2022-09-24 at 4:49 PM, Sevenus. said:

-Toggle Xaku's shattering body when casting his 4th ability, so it wont break for those who choose to turn it off.

Let us pick form (full armored or skeleton form). I sometimes don't use 4th but I love that form.

Archived