Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Cross Platform Play IS LIVE!

[DE]Dudley

17 hours ago, (PSN)JediAluccard said:

Im having a problem where I cant invite my friends they cant find my username and I cant find them
Is it because I on PSN and they are on Steam?

please help

there could be a number of issues 

first, I recommend confirming you and the friends you are looking for have cross play enabled I've found when this is disabled no one can see me and I can't see anyone on other systems.

after that restart your console and app I have found that after playing with players that have a mix of cross play enabled and disabled, I get strange results when looking for players on the same console. 

next is the #xxx number that should be attached to your name you know what yours is and what there's is right? when you look at your player profile in game it should say something like "JediAluccard#000" but instead of 000 it should be numbers this is needed for Warframe to distinguish you from someone who has gotten that name on another console

and finally, to be clear you are only looking to either whisper chat in game or invite to a party/matchmaking right?

cross play isn't an available for Clan invites or friends lists unfortunately

2 minutes ago, Hitsu675 said:

So just a question, I have saves on both PC and PS4 and with cross save will one account/save be deleted or will I have a chance to merge them into one

We don't know yet. It's possible they will implement account merges, or they might not. Even if they don't, I doubt they'll make you delete your other account, you'll just have two separate accounts.

Does anyone know if they are also developing or if we can voice chat from people in game from different consoles? For example im on Playstation and i want to voice chat with a friend thats on PC is that possible? Also when can we add cross platform friends met some cool people but I cant add them sadly

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, (PSN)Blade2534 said:

Does anyone know if they are also developing or if we can voice chat from people in game from different consoles? For example im on Playstation and i want to voice chat with a friend thats on PC is that possible? Also when can we add cross platform friends met some cool people but I cant add them sadly

I haven't tested, but does standard voice chat not work in a cross platform group?

On 2022-09-29 at 12:27 PM, Cerebrophage said:

My question is:

In the future, how will cross save work if you have two big profiles on two separate platforms. Please, please tell me they will merge. I have a lot of DIFFERENT cosmetics on both. I need to hear these words from DE. Someone please shed light on this.

I have Excalibur prime on my PC account and also a mid-high level Xbox and PS4 account. Hopefully the cross save is full proof!

1 hour ago, (XBOX)LuciferGreed said:

im trying to logon on warframe using my xbox profile on mypc cause im an MR 11 but it wont load what am i doing wrong

You're confusing cross play with cross save. Cross save is not available yet.

You can play with players from other platforms (cross play), you cannot use your account on other platforms (cross save).

• Like 1

11 hours ago, (PSN)h2oman91 said:

Any updates on this topic lately (01/20/23).  I have a PS4 account and switched to PC about two years ago and haven't been able to access my account.  Would love to start playing again!

Watch the next devstream for updates.

On 2022-09-30 at 2:02 AM, [DE]Dudley said:

Hello Tenno,

The team has reached another milestone in the development of Cross Platform Play with the latest Updates/Hotfixes. With the launch of Lua’s Prey Update, we now have a Cross Platform Play LIVE for all platforms. This post aims to inform you about what you can expect and be the dedicated place where you can provide us with your feedback or issues about your experiences, which is very important to us.

Cross Platform Play 
Players may see a new option appearing in their settings called “Cross Platform Play.” 

Cross Play Option V2.png

You can toggle the “Cross Platform Play” setting, allowing Tenno from both platforms to join each other’s squads and complete missions together. There will be a few limitations on some features during this test:

• No Friend support
  • No Trading or Gifting of items across different platforms
  • No Voice Chat support

What are these icons that I am seeing?
While Cross Platform Play is enabled you will see an icon next to player aliases (including your own) to denote the platform a player is playing from. All players who are on the same platform as you will have the platform-specific icon. Any player who is on a different platform will have the Cross Platform Play icon:crossplay:.

What are these numbers that I see next to my alias?

To help identify players who have the same name across different platforms, everyone has been assigned a numeric suffix. This suffix is only necessary when you are looking to invite someone into your squad or chatting with players who have the same name. You can always find your suffix by visiting your Profile in the game menu. If there are no players with the same name, then you can invite and chat as you normally would. 

How do I whisper my friends with spaces in their names?

Console Tenno have the ability to have spaces in their aliases which means whispering them requires a small extra step. Should you wish to whisper your friend who has a space in their name, then use quotation marks to capture their full name. 

For example: /w “Tenno Are Amazing” Hi friend!
This sends the message “Hi friend!” to the player whose name is Tenno Are Amazing.

All players will have to do this to whisper another player with a space in their name.

How do Dojos and Relays work during Cross Platform Play?

If you have “Cross Platform Play” enabled you will be able to meet and interact with players from different platforms in Relays and also be able to visit Dojos! Currently, we are aware of an issue that will prevent Cross Platform squads that form before entering a Dojo from entering. To prevent you from running into this issue, you will see an error message explaining that you must load into the Dojo first and then invite squad members from a different platform. Despite having access to the Dojo and Relays, players will not be able to trade across different platforms.

For our Switch Tenno, you may experience some performance issues when visiting busy Relays. We encourage you to disable Cross Platform Play while you conduct your business there and to turn it back on to rejoin squads across different platforms when doing missions. We are continuing to work on improving the experience so we appreciate your patience and feedback. If you also notice some performance issues on other platforms when in busy Relays we encourage you to do the same.

What about Cross Save?
Cross Platform Play will be our first direction in getting all Tenno to play together, and we will announce details around Cross Save in a future announcement.

What feedback is most beneficial to Warframe?
For players who participate, we would love to hear from you, and there are a couple of things you can do that would be greatly appreciated. When submitting your feedback, please:

• Include the platform you are playing on
  • Add screenshots/videos of any issues encountered during the test
  • For PC, send your EE.log, which can be found by clicking on the “Get Logs” option under the Diagnostics section of the Settings in the launcher
    • Please attach EE.Log in a Support Ticket with the title “CROSS PLATFORM PLAY BUG” 
  • For PC, detail what happened before any crash occurred when submitting a ticket using Warframe’s crash report tool (it will generate a WAR number)

We are excited to have this Cross Platform Play live so that we can continue to connect Tenno across all platforms. With your help, we can iron out major issues and make Cross Platform Play a smoother experience for everyone!

Hide contents

UPDATE: Cross Platform Play Initial Test is Over

Thank you for participating in our initial Cross Platform Play test for Xbox and PC users. The test is now closed but we are still accepting feedback from participants. This information will help us further develop Cross Platform Play and we look forward to sharing more information about the feature in the future.

UPDATE: Cross Platform Play Test #2 is Live

We want to repeat our thanks to those of you who were able to participate in our initial Cross Platform Play Test. Our second public Cross Platform Play test between Xbox and PC users is live. It’s possible that this test could close/end abruptly like the last one did, but we will update this thread if that occurs. We also updated our note on Trading to clarify what to expect during the test.

Please continue to report bugs and feedback to us in this thread!

UPDATE: December 1st, 2022 - Switch & PlayStation Addition to Cross Platform Play Test
Today marks another milestone in Cross Platform Play development! Nintendo Switch and PlayStation Tenno can now join their PC and Xbox peers in playing missions together across the Origin System. The same restrictions apply from the current PC and Xbox test but now all players can join in the fun.

Any update on cross trade?

I love Warframe and everything they do is awesome!

But, I want to say this with respect to all DE... enabling crossplay without letting us add friends from other platforms seems silly to me.

It was what we expected the most!! I hope they enable it soon!

• Like 2

I am not even able to meet up with my friend in a public area. He just joined, we both see other cross-play people but quite literally the servers he will be in wont be visible to me and when we do manage to get in the same server, it isn't. it is like we are in separate instances and our servers are unable to ever be able to access one another....

Edited by Lodestrike

3 hours ago, Lodestrike said:

I am not even able to meet up with my friend in a public area. He just joined, we both see other cross-play people but quite literally the servers he will be in wont be visible to me and when we do manage to get in the same server, it isn't. it is like we are in separate instances and our servers are unable to ever be able to access one another....

Are you in different regions? (Options -> System -> Region)

Have you tried inviting each other?

vor 13 Stunden schrieb Ilyk32:

There is a problem, I want to add my friend who plays on the console nickname solitary_arch#703. But no matter how I write, I can't find him and he can't find me either. What to do? My nickname is Ilyk32

IMG-20230203-235051.png

Jokes aside, you cant add friends from other platforms. You can hardly join any game if you use crossplay with a console, and thats since they implemented it. I wouldnt hope for too much any time soon. Or at all.

• Like 2

Why is PC logo a windows 10 symbol and not just PC? as PC is a platform such as Playstation and Xbox and not an operating system (windows, linux, mac).

And if you are making those icons system based, then why isn't Playstation signed with FreeBSD logo and Xbox with DX logo?

• Like 1

There are a lot of questions on Q&A about the delivery of friends, trade and save. It would be nice to have a list of milestones, and the order in which it is planned to deliver them. Not asking for a deadline or date! Just something to refer people to - a single post with a list of what exactly is being worked towards, maybe even the challenges being faced, and in what order it is intended to deliver it, "when it is done."

There's a lot of people still asking about symbols, and a number of people opined that they should go after cross save is working. After all, we're a Warframe community first and foremost.

Personally still seeing significant issues with slow loaders, particularly consoles (sorry!) They have my sympathy - I played on the original Switch for about 7 months, having moved Warframe's files to internal storage, just for a slight load time boost.
It is most noticable in busy missions, especially fissures - people want to get it done fast. Players appear as a muted grey bar, most commonly the last player slot. One of two things happens - They spend half a minute "loading" and drop (no reason, as others seem to join/load without issues,) or they finally load into the mission two minutes later where people have rushed ahead and nearly finished.
People tell us it is not a pleasant experience. I can't honestly say it entirely great to have to stop playing and wait, either. It is about 20% of the fissure missions I've run, after I started noting long loaders for a bit (out of ~113 missions). On a related note, hope the iOS is fast loading....

• Like 2