Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Cross Platform Play IS LIVE!

[DE]Dudley

8 minutes ago, (PSN)FunyFlyBoy said:

You can't add each other to your friend list because cross platform is t fully live. This is normal. A bug report or support ticket won't do anything as cross platform trading and friend adding is not active. 

As for the symbol, the swirl symbol just means the person is not on the same platform as you. Everyone sees that and it will stay that way so people do not get discriminated against for the platform they play on. 

So that’s what the swirl means. I must ask, why do they think potential platform based discrimination is that much of a concern that they must hide it from everyone?

I know you say "no friend support" but uh is there a way to add a friend from cross platform? cause I was trying to add someone and it say "username didnt exist" so I was wondering when cross adding will be functional? of course I'm seeing more and more console player on node and helping each other it just that we cant add them for some reason...

1 hour ago, (XBOX)BigLithuanian said:

So that’s what the swirl means. I must ask, why do they think potential platform based discrimination is that much of a concern that they must hide it from everyone?

Because the Switch, PS4, and Xbox One cannot handle the same gameplay as PC, XBSX, and PS5. PC has a much, much higher enemy spawn density and count to the point you can easily have 20 or more enemies spawned in per room in a Survival mission. Back when this was a thing still possible on the PS4 this would cause the game to crash often for many ppl so spawn rates were reduced to increase stability.

Spawn rates on cross play is dictated by the host with Switch having even lower spawn rates than the already reduced PS4. PC would get treated like the favorite child, PS4/Xbox would be the middle child, and nobody will wanna deal with Switch as the ugly step child with PS5/XBSX just being ignored as even though they can handle what PC runs they still have last gen hardware spawns.

We already have multiple topics starting to creep up regarding this in general forums and feedback forums asking to give the player base a way to dictate their host preference, primarily from PC (but even console players asking to allowed PC player host preference) players not wanting to play the game by console standards, understandably so at that. If you're used to 20 ~ 30 enemies on screen in one room in front of you at any given time, then made to play at half or less than that because the host is on weaker hardware, you'd be fairly bored and annoyed at such a situation too. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, PublikDomain said:

Support told you to post here? Xbox support or DE support? Try https://digitalextremes.zendesk.com/hc/en-us (if you haven't already). It seems odd that Warframe support would redirect you here if you had a technical problem.

They generally send people to the forums to report bugs because they don't take bug reports through support. This is probably just them assuming it's a bug and using a templated response. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, (XBOX)BigLithuanian said:

I don't think DE will explicitly comment on it because I personally think this is something that the console companies *cough* sony *cough* want so people can't tell that a particular platform is more/less inactive than others (and as a result considered a better/worse console). I could be way wrong though, but given how sony generally is it's my first guess. 

1 hour ago, NecroPed said:

I don't think DE will explicitly comment on it because I personally think this is something that the console companies *cough* sony *cough* want so people can't tell that a particular platform is more/less inactive than others (and as a result considered a better/worse console). I could be way wrong though, but given how sony generally is it's my first guess. 

The patch notes from the release where they changed to generic icons do specifically call out the reason being "in order to comply with platform guidelines", so it's pretty clear that it's a decision outside of DE's control.

• Like 1

the day before yesterday a friend of mine and me tried playing together. (he was playing on pc, i was on the switch). After starting the game i noticed the chatbox not loading(blue loading circle on the top left corner). He tried inviting me and got an error(see attachements). Afterwards i tried inviting him where after entering the name and correct tag nothing happened. pressing the invite button didnt do anything. It just stayed in the invite screen. Over Night i reinstalled the game on both Devices and did some network troubleshooting to no effect(no errors found on both devices). Today i tried it again but this time with my PC and my switch, to prevent errors i went into different networks with both devices to simulate normal circumstances but the same error appeared on pc (attachement no. 1) and my switch didnt load chat again and nothing happened on the invite screen. On PC both consoles we could join public lobbies, play normal missions, etc. (just to calarify).

I know the Crossplay feature came out like 4 days ago but im doing this to help y'all see some errors.
for technical reasons my pc specs:
-CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 PRO 1700X eight core processor
-GPU: Nvidia GTX 1650
-RAM: 16GB DDR4
-Drive: 500 GB SSD (where warframe is insalled)
-Windows 10 x64 (latest version)

and a normal switch (2019).

attachement no. 1

3kwqo1JQsKVKGpuMiAogOTqcT?token=eyJhbGci

Since the advent of cross play it is now almost impossible to join squads of my clan members, invite my friends/clan or play without significant lag during what would be considered peak internet usage hours in the UK. The fishing and hunting menu sticks in the middle of the screen once you have equipped the tranq rifle or fishing spear. My 4G connection which I have played on for the last five years is being treated like dial up internet. I have to switch to a 3G dongle to be able to even play in the same squad with one other PC player of my choice until the small hours of the morning unless I want to play with randoms. I have  tried disabling every background programme I have  enabling and disabling cross play all to no avail. I can't go to my allied clan dojo's unless I enable cross play again and then I can be lagged  so much that  I get 'session not available' just trying to go there and do not get me started about the elevators on fortuna/plains and coming back  from a railjack missions to  my own dojo ... Need I continue? I have not been afflicted in this way since the last time DE upgraded their servers and my 8 hours  a day playing time is now down to about two. I love the  idea of us all being able to play together, but please for the love of God undo what ever you did that means I can't join you all! 

13 hours ago, (PSN)FunyFlyBoy said:

Because the Switch, PS4, and Xbox One cannot handle the same gameplay as PC, XBSX, and PS5. PC has a much, much higher enemy spawn density and count to the point you can easily have 20 or more enemies spawned in per room in a Survival mission. Back when this was a thing still possible on the PS4 this would cause the game to crash often for many ppl so spawn rates were reduced to increase stability.

Spawn rates on cross play is dictated by the host with Switch having even lower spawn rates than the already reduced PS4. PC would get treated like the favorite child, PS4/Xbox would be the middle child, and nobody will wanna deal with Switch as the ugly step child with PS5/XBSX just being ignored as even though they can handle what PC runs they still have last gen hardware spawns.

We already have multiple topics starting to creep up regarding this in general forums and feedback forums asking to give the player base a way to dictate their host preference, primarily from PC (but even console players asking to allowed PC player host preference) players not wanting to play the game by console standards, understandably so at that. If you're used to 20 ~ 30 enemies on screen in one room in front of you at any given time, then made to play at half or less than that because the host is on weaker hardware, you'd be fairly bored and annoyed at such a situation too. 

That makes sense. Thanks for the clarification 

18 hours ago, NecroPed said:

I think it's more that some console companies don't want to be seeing those other rival symbols in their chat windows. I mean they do have cooties after all.

(/s on that last bit if it's not obvious)

20 minutes ago, (XBOX)Spicy Ramen5451 said:

I'm on Xbox One, and my friend is on PS4. The issue we're encountering is when I try to add him ass a friend or add him to the clan it says something like "user doesnt exist", or something like that. Aside from that things are going great.

Yes. This is an issue. As well as if you attempt to add someone from another platform without suffix, if they have an old alternate account on the platform you're using, you will send a friend request to said old account, rather than their current account.

I'm sure this is just a hitch along the way to getting crossplay fully ironed out. So, many thanks to DE for taking these steps and allowing us to be able to interact with friends on other platforms. I got into warframe thanks to someone I've been friends with online for a bit of 6 years now, but who has been playing warframe on the Switch. It's great that now we can actually interact in-game. Keep up the good work and best of luck with finding fixes for what issues still remain.

53 minutes ago, (PSN)smowen128 said:

Cross-platform isn't working

Yea playing on PlayStation trying to add friends and unless they are on PlayStation still can't add them tells me they don't exist and I checked my settings everything is fine there cross-platform is turned on 

It says in the original post that adding friends on other platforms isn't supported yet.

You can toggle the “Cross Platform Play” setting, allowing Tenno from both platforms to join each other’s squads and complete missions together. There will be a few limitations on some features during this test:

• No Friend support
  • No Trading or Gifting of items across different platforms
  • No Voice Chat support

1 hour ago, (PSN)SeekerLoki said:

It says in the original post that adding friends on other platforms isn't supported yet.

You can toggle the “Cross Platform Play” setting, allowing Tenno from both platforms to join each other’s squads and complete missions together. There will be a few limitations on some features during this test:

• No Friend support
  • No Trading or Gifting of items across different platforms
  • No Voice Chat support

Well see then that kind of defeats the purpose of the way they made things seem because they literally said hey we're cross-platform Play with your friends now and only PlayStation can't invite their friends so I'd say this is a huge loss on their part choosing to leave one platform out lake me and my friends are excited for this we've been waiting for this this is technically according to everything that they've released their big release of this this is something they should have had fixed in earlier testing stages long before they released it to the entire general public so honestly yes I'm going to complain when I'm promised something and I go to use it in just because my platform is the one platform not working yeah I'm going to complain

I've been playing Warframe through Xbox and PS during this crossplay test and only experienced one minor issue. This happend when I was trying to invite my gf while I was on the PS (she's on Xbox) and then appears a message saying "Player name doesn't exist" but we just waited like a minute and then the game allowed us to play together.

I also played with my brother (he's on nintendo switch) and never experienced issues even though if he was the host (idk if this happens because we play at the same internet).

Great job, DE!
Hope soon the cross save will be available.

hace 1 hora, Fallen2017 dijo:

My husband is playing on PS4 I am on PC  we can send each other friend requests to be team mates ( how do you add people?)

Friend support is not yet available.
You can only send invites to play missions on the origin system/railjack/steel path.
No trading, no friend requests, and dojo and clan invites for people on other platforms than the one you playing on, during this stage on crossplay.

On 2022-12-03 at 6:55 AM, The_Android said:

Since crossplay has been enabled my Warframe experience has degraded significantly.  Here's my experience so far:

1. Around 25% of the time if the host is on a console the session will crash and I'll get kicked back to my orbiter/"multiplayer menu".
  2. When I get into the mission the trash talking of the console players is OVER THE TOP.  Abusive, foul, and just not fun.  I game to have fun not deal with jacka$$es.
  3. If I disable crossplay there are no sessions since crossplay is enabled by default.  Even if a session is all PC players I won't be joined since they have crossplay enabled and I don't.  Only those who have finally had enough of the nonsense from the console crowd and have turned off crossplay will be matched.  We are (so far) a minority and thus session matching is a ghost town.

I'm not happy about the abusive nature of the new "riff-raff" from the console crowd (and I don't mean to imply EVERYONE here, just it seems that if there's someone mouthing off during a session it seems, more times than not, to be a crossplayer).  This might be ok in the console world, but during most of my time here on Warframe people have been respectful, helpful and most importantly fun to game with.

Now I can't fix people, and I"m not going to try.  Can we at least get the crossplay code to allow matching sessions where all of the other clients are the same platform?  I totally understand the complexity of selecting when to convert a session to "crossplay" off, but at this time my only other choice is to designate Warframe a single player game.

(And before someone chimes in about using the ignore list - I do.  I'm just tired of adding 3-5 people EVERY time I start a Warframe session)

Honestly Crossplay was a mistake, i am PC player and very honestly dont want to be limited by Crossplay catering and their technical limitations.  The ,,rumour'' that Console players are on average also lets say more relaxed and convenient (not to say skilled or lets say invested into the game) is true from my observation  which is another reason I dont want to be put into a lobby where a Saryn used helminth on her first ability and wonders why she cant DPS or someone with Inaros that thinks he is playing CS:GO with his phenmor. 

6 hours ago, Fallen2017 said:

My husband is playing on PS4 I am on PC  we can send each other friend requests to be team mates ( how do you add people?)

Esc, Communication ,  Friends, add friend , type name into the bar. 

On 2022-12-07 at 9:38 PM, Hobie-wan said:

I think it's more that some console companies don't want to be seeing those other rival symbols in their chat windows.

I think it's literally just Nintendo. Games that don't have Switch in cross-play (such as Call of Duty) show Playstation, Xbox, Steam, and PC icons. It's also easy to see this as a possibility given the track record Nintendo has for how they treat their customers.

Let's be honest too. Seeing a Mobile or Nintendo Switch icon in recruitment for hosting any mission will drive away anyone who knows what they are in for.

Edited by Voltage
  • Like 1