Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Cross Platform Play IS LIVE!

[DE]Dudley

2 hours ago, PaleShadows- said:

you can't just filters console players and play only with pc, no sir

Of course, you can't...  If you turned it off thinking it filters to just PC players, and it matches you to a PC Host... who does not have the filter on that would mean a Console player can join that Host, and when Host duties rotates, guess who is in line to receive those duties? That Console player you're trying to filter out. 

17 minutes ago, (PSN)FunyFlyBoy said:

Of course, you can't...  If you turned it off thinking it filters to just PC players, and it matches you to a PC Host... who does not have the filter on that would mean a Console player can join that Host, and when Host duties rotates, guess who is in line to receive those duties? That Console player you're trying to filter out. 

I mean, having it filter for a pc host, or having that as a specific option, solves ops issue the majority of the time while not splitting the playerbase as drastically as it does rn. Sure, when a pc host leaves and causes a host migration, there's a chance it goes to the console player but that would happen way less.

• Like 1

Cross play is still in the Beta phase. We're actually helping DE out by testing it live over the Holiday vacation they are on right now. So expect this current situation to continue for two more months. DE needs to get back from vacation then check the data then come up with a solution. What sucks is you don't know who the host is when in a group. In any other mission this is happening to me also. Though I'm guessing it has something to do with PSN or my router.

Just now, (PSN)jaggerwanderer said:

What sucks is you don't know who the host is when in a group. In any other mission this is happening to me also. Though I'm guessing it has something to do with PSN or my router.

It's the person with the 1 next to their name, they're the host. Unless you're talking about something else?

• Like 1

6 hours ago, PaleShadows- said:

i developed a phobia for open worlds thanks to this, it started when i needed resources to build gara, i joined a free roam plains of eidolons mission and spent half an hour mining and fishing and then the screen frozen and i get this insulting message 

This is why I did these solo and usually do bounties solo except Eidolon and Profit Taker. Host Migration has been issue in open worlds for a long time.

But then again fishing and mining don't really need other players around so it's best to do solo anyway or if you have friend to bring a long for a fishing trip that can be nice too.

hace 6 horas, PaleShadows- dijo:

i developed a phobia for open worlds thanks to this, it started when i needed resources to build gara, i joined a free roam plains of eidolons mission and spent half an hour mining and fishing and then the screen frozen and i get this insulting message 

LPic63a7858e64ad21603158350.jpgat first i chalked it up to bad luck, then i joined another session again mined for a long time and get like 20 rare nyth gems and santrum greenish ore thing aaaaaaaaaand the above message hit me again and i lost ALL progress and items... how? why in god name is this a thing? not a single game i played had this issue that make you lose ton of time and grind for no fault of your own, NOT ONE GAME I EVER PLAYED HAS THIS!!, this is UNACCATPABLE! you need to fix this before putting any more content like this that have a chance to make you lose progress at the drop of a hat.

so i looked for the source of the problem and studied the patterns of when this issue happen, and i kid you not every single time the host had a naruto rinnegan next to their name, i didn't know what it was at first but i found out it represent console players for crossplay, i sighed a sigh of relief since that means it can be disabled, i opened up the settings menu and checked it off......... the result was not funny, not one bit, the game become a freaking ghost town, the recruit chat had fewer players less than i have fingers on my hands, i was really dumb found, i reckoned maybe the servers i am on unpopulated? so i changed it from EU to asia and the result were shocking, it had even less players, the chat were almost empty, the matchmaking of fissures barely fill a party, why? how? when? who? i asked around and to my surprise i found out that disabling the cross play option means you will be only with players that have it disabled also, you can't just filters console players and play only with pc, no sir, THIS IS BALONEY MAN! you must have it enabled if you want to fill a squad and most often than not they have console players as a host, i cant, i just cant.

is this going be the case with the mobile version of the game? will it be mandatory cross play with them too? look i have no issue with console, i own a switch myself but if i am going to be paired with a mobile players as the host who is most likely playing at work or inside the bathroom then i am not thrilled for the '' lost connection to the host'' error when he done doing his business, its not fun and i don't appreciate you make me lose progress and waste my time with this weak cross play system, i am already struggling with game breaking bugs as its and this stuff does not help at all.

And why don't you go mining and fishing alone? no need to go with a squad.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, PaleShadows- said:

what! this been an issue before i even started playing? how nobody is talking about it? this is madness 

I've seen some threads but I guess long time players just accept them. Warframe has a lot of glitches and issues and after playing it a lot you kind of just accept it. I've run into tons of host migrations and "Connection of host has been lost" things and I just kind of laugh in frustration and move on.

1 hour ago, PaleShadows- said:

but i cant do bounties solo man their too demanding for me

I would suggest either get better gear and maybe on call crewmember because that can help a lot. I can't even do "liberate camp" bounty stage without on call crewmember.

You can get one by leveling Railjack.

Specter can also help but they are consumable while on call crewmember is infinite.

Other solution is to get reliable friend to run bounties with you so there's less chance for host migration.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, PaleShadows- said:

unacceptable-lemon.gif

a corporate company wont change its ways if the costumers turn the other cheek especially when it cost money to do so, this community must unite vote with their wallet and time and give them constant backlash, those issues are non negotiable man this is crazy. 

i don't have that, and even if i did playing solo bounties is soul crushing man it sucks and repetitive as hell, the only thing that makes them bearable is other players company but thanks to how cross play is structured and this stupid host migration it become a risky endeavor

i don't have a rail jack yet but thanks for the heads up  

yes i get few vapor from doing rescue void fissures, but you need to wait 8 hours to make 10 of them i think and they run out fast.

i don't have friends playing this game but yes i think a friend can make this less of a hassle, but even then the host migration issue is a big big big problem that must be addressed before any other bug or whatever, it directly effect your progress and enjoyment of the game, it deter you from multiplayer and that what i play this game for.

Host migration has been a big issue since it became a thing. Imagine the alterniative. Lose connection to the host, get kicked back to the Orbiter. The game is Peer to Peer. Host migration is DE best solution to the problem. Dedicated server would solve so many problems. Epic Games owns Digital Extreme now. If Fornite have dedicated server, maybe Epic Games will 'lend" a few to Warframe.

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, PaleShadows- said:

i don't see them doing it or adding anything close to it since that require spending money and hey why do it when your players silent about it, this is what needs to change, the community must give them backlash and make a fuse about it that hopefully reach a youtuber or a journalist or someone in the industry to make an article about it, the only way a corporates company hear you is when you light their butt on fire, begging and asking wont do nothing

Complaining has been done for the pass 8 years of warframe lifetime on host migration. The best the community can do at this point is to actually pay for the dedicated server themselves. Any other means of highlght the issue won't matter either since DE is a company looking for profit. Not only that, there's also the backlog of bug fixes that needs to be address. As well as upcoming promise content. Do some research on Warframe. You'll scratch your head wondering why this game service has lasted this long.

• Like 1

I can sometimes invite people to my squad, but I can't friend them or invite them to my clan.

So what's the point of crossplay? It broke chat pings and messaging (since everyone has an ID number now, and you can only see said number in their profile), and we can't even friend people.

I understand that each platform has its own friend systems, but the game also does - so why not use that?

The whole system just seems vestigial and pointless to me. Why add this stuff if something so basic can't even be done?

• Like 4

On 2022-12-24 at 2:54 PM, PaleShadows- said:

LPic63a7858e64ad21603158350.jpgat first i chalked it up to bad luck, then i joined another session again mined for a long time and get like 20 rare nyth gems and santrum greenish ore thing aaaaaaaaaand the above message hit me again and i lost ALL progress and items... how? why in god name is this a thing? not a single game i played had this issue that make you lose ton of time and grind for no fault of your own, NOT ONE GAME I EVER PLAYED HAS THIS!!, this is UNACCATPABLE! you need to fix this before putting any more content like this that have a chance to make you lose progress at the drop of a hat.

so i looked for the source of the problem and studied the patterns of when this issue happen, and i kid you not every single time the host had a naruto rinnegan next to their name, i didn't know what it was at first but i found out it represent console players for crossplay, i sighed a sigh of relief since that means it can be disabled, i opened up the settings menu and checked it off......... the result was not funny, not one bit, the game become a freaking ghost town, the recruit chat had fewer players less than i have fingers on my hands, i was really dumb found, i reckoned maybe the servers i am on unpopulated? so i changed it from EU to asia and the result were shocking, it had even less players, the chat were almost empty, the matchmaking of fissures barely fill a party, why? how? when? who? i asked around and to my surprise i found out that disabling the cross play option means you will be only with players that have it disabled also, you can't just filters console players and play only with pc, no sir, THIS IS BALONEY MAN! you must have it enabled if you want to fill a squad and most often than not they have console players as a host, i cant, i just cant.

is this going be the case with the mobile version of the game? will it be mandatory cross play with them too? look i have no issue with console, i own a switch myself but if i am going to be paired with a mobile players as the host who is most likely playing at work or inside the bathroom then i am not thrilled for the '' lost connection to the host'' error when he done doing his business, its not fun and i don't appreciate you make me lose progress and waste my time with this weak cross play system, i am already struggling with game breaking bugs as its and this stuff does not help at all.

so uh, yeah connections have been kind of terrible since crossplay and DEFINITELY not just for pc players 

For starters, i fail to join squad of at least 1/5 of games i queue for, meaning i'm there loading for 2 minutes only to get booted from the load screen... (this mostly happens in queues with lots of people like sp survival, hydron, archon hunts, etc). 

And there's the whole "start a mission before you even load in issue" which luckily i only encountered once when i was running sorties (so not THAT bad), but i know a lot of other people can't handle it. 

As for the "where is everyone" issue, they all have crossplay on, and want to play with multiple platforms. The people in pc only, are only going to be people who are there, because de isn't going to make a seperate instance for every host  where every player looking to join said node has to check every squad to see "if xbox/pc/ps4/nsw player is allowed or it's xbox/ps4/pc/nsw players only."

Edited by (XBOX)Upl0rdYT
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, Olphus said:

This is what we get when players constantly spam "crossplay when" in every event, stream or video they put out. I don't blame DE for rushing it out, having seen the spam myself.

I despised the whole "cross play/cross save when DE?" thing.

I was enjoying our early updates and frequent hotfixes.

Edited by Hypernaut1
  • Like 5