Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Remove 100% blocking from conclave

(XBOX)GameGhost123

Please remove 100% blocking from conclave.  Also please remove autoblocking from conclave.   Trying to shoot at people that just have a melee equipped and it doing 0 damage to them stalls games and is really unbalanced.  I understand why they implementedit for pve and it got added into conclave because of that. However 100% block does not belong in conclave where the majority of players are trying to shoot at 1 another.  After the upcoming fixes that DE Pablo announced recently this will be 1 of the biggest issues left to fix. 

Yup. All they have to do is change the block angle in conclave, and conclave has a separate block angle which means they can manipulate it, to 0 degrees. This will completely stop the auto-block animation from triggering and make manual blocking never be able to block anything but still be able to be used for aim gliding.
Melee blocking has no place in Conclave since the inception of Melee 3.0 as melee is no longer a commitment: if someone is out of your melee range you are free to instantly swap to one of your ranged weapons and shoot them. Having melee block because of range limitations makes about as much sense as giving shotguns "shotgun block" because they also have low range.

1 minute ago, Tachmag said:

Yup. All they have to do is change the block angle in conclave, and conclave has a separate block angle which means they can manipulate it, to 0 degrees. This will completely stop the auto-block animation from triggering and make manual blocking never be able to block anything but still be able to be used for aim gliding.
Melee blocking has no place in Conclave since the inception of Melee 3.0 as melee is no longer a commitment: if someone is out of your melee range you are free to instantly swap to one of your ranged weapons and shoot them. Having melee block because of range limitations makes about as much sense as giving shotguns "shotgun block" because they also have low range.

Yea of course 0 block would be better I agree. But I'd be fine with 50% if that's all they were willing to do. 

Just now, (XBOX)GameGhost123 said:

Yea of course 0 block would be better I agree. But I'd be fine with 50% if that's all they were willing to do. 

50% is still too much: it still reduces the reward of the attacker for doing his job at the single press of a button (or none in the case of auto-block). No one should be able to just stand in place and stall out an engagement like that.

I have never struggled with someone trying to block in conclave. It's based off a limited angle and is easy to get around.

Blocking already doesn't work half of the time because of latency and has alot of counters like abilities and aoe damage.

Blocking is not an issue to anyone besides the people with limited i.q. the crosshair has to be directly on the player to block with most melee, just be faster than they can aim and have better aim. It's that simple. Or grow a brain. And try different strategies. Blocking keeps the game from being basic and boring.

When are people going to stop crying about a universal mechanic than anyone can do. If blocking should be removed than mobility should be reduced and stamina should be added or cool downs on bullet jumps. But that would be just as stupid as removing or nerfing blocking. Stop crying and get better at the game.

Block just gives you a small cone of protection you jump around that cone it's like a blind spot to receive all incoming damage. If you have issues with that it means you are not utilizing the parkour and are just being lazy cause you believe wins should be handed to you on a silver platter

16 minutes ago, SonOfSoggy said:

Block just gives you a small cone of protection you jump around that cone it's like a blind spot to receive all incoming damage. If you have issues with that it means you are not utilizing the parkour and are just being lazy cause you believe wins should be handed to you on a silver platter

A small cone is more than enough to block all gunfire without problem unless you have poor aim.

1 minute ago, (XBOX)Dark SalvationX said:

Also why would anyone listen to a guy with less that 3k kills in pvp giving opinions about the mechanics of pvp. Light and I both have around 200,000 kills. I think we would know more. I have 5k hours in conclave.

And you don't have the skills to see how abusable blocking is? Why are you standing on that high horse then?

34 minutes ago, (XBOX)Dark SalvationX said:

Blocking already doesn't work half of the time because of latency

TBH this makes me believe it should be discarded. It seems akin to "how good you are depends on your internet connection". That looks less than ideal for any PvP mode, whether Warframe-related or otherwise.

2 minutes ago, (XBOX)Dark SalvationX said:

Also why would anyone listen to a guy with less that 3k kills in pvp giving opinions about the mechanics of pvp. Light and I both have around 200,000 kills. I think we would know more. I have 5k hours in conclave.

If you want to build the mode only for players with 5k+ hours of experience, sure. But it seems, generally speaking, people want PvP to do well. That means they want players with less than 3k kills getting into it. If they're wrong, they're wrong. But shutting down their opinions out of hand because they aren't part of the elite probably isn't the way to encourage people to get involved.

18 minutes ago, Tyreaus said:

If you want to build the mode only for players with 5k+ hours of experience, sure. But it seems, generally speaking, people want PvP to do well. That means they want players with less than 3k kills getting into it. If they're wrong, they're wrong. But shutting down their opinions out of hand because they aren't part of the elite probably isn't the way to encourage people to get involved.

This really depends on the type of opinion. Speaking in general terms, someone with less experience probably doesn't understand balance enough to critique it, but issues with gameplay as a whole are independent of balance. For example, I think most experienced players would agree that a slow enough weapon in terms of flight speed and/or fire rate (Like a direct hit with Ogris or fully charged Opticor) is a balanced 1-shot, but there are a lot of players who don't like 1-shots as a whole; the fact that a singular mistake or maybe that an insane amount of luck could instantly lead to death. Balance VS fun have a whole lot of overlap, but they're two different discussions 

50 minutes ago, (XBOX)Dark SalvationX said:

Focusing on kills usually means going to any means to get them. You'll have to give up that Mire and Cerata in December.

1 minute ago, (PSN)Darth-Escar said:

This really depends on the type of opinion. Speaking in general terms, someone with less experience probably doesn't understand balance enough to critique it, but issues with gameplay as a whole are independent of balance. For example, I think most experienced players would agree that a slow enough weapon in terms of flight speed and/or fire rate (Like a direct hit with Ogris or fully charged Opticor) is a balanced 1-shot, but there are a lot of players who don't like 1-shots as a whole; the fact that a singular mistake or maybe that an insane amount of luck could instantly lead to death. Balance VS fun have a whole lot of overlap, but they're two different discussions 

Sure. And, like I said: if they're wrong, they're wrong. But I also think it remiss to say, "this person has less experience so we shouldn't listen to them". You even speak in general terms, and that such a person probably doesn't understand balance enough. But there's also a saying: even a broken clock is right twice a day.

Plus, I believe most discussions and opinions on balance—at least the ones that don't have a spreadsheet attached to them—have a modicum of "fun" element. As you say, they have a lot of overlap, meaning it doesn't take much to conflate or mix the two together. So maybe they're wrong about the balance part. But maybe they still have a point about the fun part.

(I also believe this discussion in particular has a good "fun" element because blocking is, by fact of mirroring, balanced. Anyone can do it at almost any point and no special equipment is required. So when it comes to blocking being "unbalanced", I don't read it as a balance issue, but a fun / entertainment one.

Except dual wielding. That might have a balance issue.)

Archived