The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Give Primed Sure Footed To Baro Ki'Teer As Well As Being A Daily Tribute Reward.

DraakonBW

1 hour ago, Troll_Logic said:

Again, diff'rent strokes Willis.  All mods have different ways to obtain.  Yes, I understand the login reward system is different.  So?  It's different.  Astounding how you cannot see that is doesn't bother me.  It's fair to all players.  All ages.  All gaming machines.  It can't be bought or hurried.  Can't be rushed.  Just like Joker said "It's fair."

Skipping the immature inanity.

Any regular player with around 500 plat can farm 2,000 ducats and 4 million credits in a short afternoon if they have the trades available.

But it would still be faster than the current system and it wouldn't require the player to do anything other than logging in during Baro.  Well, other than that one afternoon of farming.

Trust me, you're not making it seem like Baro is a comparative option.  You're suggesting Baro for the same reason everyone else does.  It would be faster and require less effort than the 400 logins.  That's the obvious reason for suggesting Baro.  It's easier.  If getting the mod through Baro wouldn't be easier or faster, no one would be suggesting it.

Instead of focusing on the "I WANT THE MOD NOW" argument,  why not consider why the mod is available.  It's a gift from DE to loyal players to show DE's appreciation.

The only resource needed is plat and a very little time.  

Actually trade.  Available at any time.

Because it is a REWARD from DE to loyal players.  This isn't difficult.  Once you get past the mindset of "I WANT IT NOW," their reasoning is clear.  DE is showing appreciation to the players that stick around and play the game thus supporting their business.

"Obtuse" doesn't mean what you think it means.  Me making the same terrible point over and over again isn't being obtuse.  You could say I'm stubborn.  Or that I'm pedantic.  But certainly not obtuse by making the same point over and over.  You, however, by not grasping PSF is a reward from DE to loyal players, are being obtuse.

you aren't budging from your stupid points and reasoning, still holding onto thinking people "WANT IT NOW" or "WANT IT EASIER" or "IT'S TO REWARD LOYALTY" despite me telling you that power shouldn't be gated behind login milestones (bolded in case you cannot see), that rewards are fine, just not primed mods which shouldn't be rewards.

this isn't "different strokes" anymore lol. "different strokes" would be "I don't really like the lodestar armor set, other people might like it though."

it is objectively bad that power is being locked behind login milestones. read this sentence over and over again until it gets into your thick skull. 

2 hours ago, Troll_Logic said:

"Obtuse" doesn't mean what you think it means.  Me making the same terrible point over and over again isn't being obtuse.  You could say I'm stubborn.  Or that I'm pedantic.  But certainly not obtuse by making the same point over and over.  You, however, by not grasping PSF is a reward from DE to loyal players, are being obtuse.

you're right. you're not obtuse. you're silly AND obtuse lol.

until you actually counter or engage any of my points with anything substantial instead of vomiting the same things you have been saying, I won't engage further.

if you're not going to see reason or engage any of the points I've listed, and instead just keep holding onto your opinions, then argue with the wind.

5 часов назад, Lilybun сказал:

I'd trade my excal prime for all the exclusive login rewards anyday lol

i guess adding PSF to baro in exchange for the ability for players to buy the Excalibur prime set again would be fair trade for this situation ehh?

48 minutes ago, Merrcenary said:

i guess adding PSF to baro in exchange for the ability for players to buy the Excalibur prime set again would be fair trade for this situation ehh?

Wouldn't mind it honestly. Give him a new updated look to go with his grand re-release and leave the old dated look as a founder exclusive alt skin to keep everyone happy.

14 hours ago, Skoomaseller said:

via baro like most of the rest of the primed mods? yeah sure.

this is actually a very dumb place to put it, you won't see the mod then for a good 2-3 years unless you buy that tennocon ticket, meanwhile you would already have gotten it by just logging in for a little more than a year

52 minutes ago, (XBOX)Rez090 said:

this is actually a very dumb place to put it, you won't see the mod then for a good 2-3 years unless you buy that tennocon ticket, meanwhile you would already have gotten it by just logging in for a little more than a year

as I've mentioned, there's a convo to be had about baro FOMO.

8 hours ago, Skoomaseller said:
9 hours ago, Lilybun said:

I'm not even at day 100 despite being a founder because the system was added well after I stopped playing actively. It would be nice to have access to non-cosmetic login rewards from baro and have the weapons and mods be replaced with cosmetics. Having quality of life and objective upgrades like primed shred months or years away just feels bad.

P.S. I'd trade my excal prime for all the exclusive login rewards anyday lol

finally, someone with sense.

I wouldn't say "someone with sense", just someone who stopped playing actively ages ago and came back recently to find the current login system and its rewards, so of course would benefit the most for such a change.

However, the whole login system is made to inflate DE's activity numbers by having players who -at the very least- login daily in order to get to milestones asap, and may stay playing a bit longer if the login reward manages to make them spend money in the game (plat discounts) or turns out to be useful (like boosters), which i think are the main reason for DE to keep it unchanged no matter how many players complain about PSF and the perceived unfairness of the system.

We did quite nice without PSF for years, waiting longer is not gonna kill anyone. Hell, as pointed by many others, the mod isn't even a necessity as some of the people in this thread want to paint it.

4 hours ago, ----Legacy---- said:

However, the whole login system is made to inflate DE's activity numbers by having players who -at the very least- login daily in order to get to milestones asap, and may stay playing a bit longer if the login reward manages to make them spend money in the game (plat discounts) or turns out to be useful (like boosters)

Ohhh, that could be why.

13 hours ago, Skoomaseller said:

you aren't budging from your stupid points and reasoning, still holding onto thinking people "WANT IT NOW" or "WANT IT EASIER" or "IT'S TO REWARD LOYALTY" despite me telling you that power shouldn't be gated behind login milestones (bolded in case you cannot see), that rewards are fine, just not primed mods which shouldn't be rewards.

Ahh, ok.  I understand now.  I'll need to break this completely down.

Your argument is power shouldn't be gated behind login milestones as an abstract with people should be able to obtain PSF in another way than the login reward as an example.

My point is it's completely reasonable for DE to reward long time players with a nice mod. 

I don't care if I convince you because I don't need to convince you to know I'm right.

You have a need to convince me that you're right and since you can't, you are frustrated.

Case in point.

it is objectively bad that power is being locked behind login milestones. read this sentence over and over again until it gets into your thick skull. 

I don't believe that "power is being locked behind login milestones" because it isn't.  Millions of players went YEARS without PSF and many people now say it isn't needed at all.  This is one of the very few things in the game that can't be bought or rushed and people are having kittens over that.  That should tell you something.

Oh, and "power" isn't gated behind a login milestone.  It's not like DE is gating arcanes, shards, the helminth system, or rivens behind a login milestone.  PSF is undeniably a QoL mod.

I'll just point out that no one cares about either opinion.  This discussion means nothing.  Your frustration however,  is something you need to work on.

Oh, and I'm using "diff'rent strokes" as the different methods to obtain mods, not different opinions on warframe items.  Maybe I was unclear when I used it.

19 hours ago, Troll_Logic said:

Ok.  And?  Some mods are dropped like water.  Some require a quest.  Some require a process of gather resources.  Some are a reward to players who have played the game for a while.  Diff'rent strokes dude.

Nope.  That's crystal.  Lol, indeed.

power shouldn't be gated behind login milestones (bolded in case you cannot see)

If I couldn't see, how would bolding the text help?

you're right. you're not obtuse. you're silly AND obtuse lol.

So we're back to this.  I only pointed out you are using the word incorrectly to prevent people from having a bad opinion about you when you speak.  "Obtuse" is directional.  Just like "imply" and "infer" are directional.  But hey, once again, you do you.

until you actually counter or engage any of my points with anything substantial instead of vomiting the same things you have been saying, I won't engage further.

You still haven't realized that we are arguing different things.

You're arguing that this thing should change.

I'm arguing the current process is completely fair.  I've also argued that every suggested alternative way of getting PSF outside of the login reward is suggested because it is much easier.  

After thinking about things last night, I realized my proposed scenario of 500p plat and an evening was off a bit.  A "regular" player could farm 2,000 ducats and 4 million credits in an evening with around 400p.  So it's even easier than I first proposed.  Don't think I didn't notice you completely ignored that.

BTW, it still hasn't dawned on you that you are vomiting the same things you have been saying as well.

if you're not going to see reason or engage any of the points I've listed, and instead just keep holding onto your opinions, then argue with the wind.

I'm not convinced by your arguments.

BTW, you realize that you "just keep holding onto your opinions" as well, right?  The lack of self-awareness is troubling.

You don't need to be so frustrated dude.  You're not going to convince everyone your opinion is correct.  It's ok.  Before you think I'm being a jerk or condescending, I'm speaking from experience. 

11 hours ago, (PSN)Joylesstuna said:

Skoom why are you wasting your time on someone with Troll literally in their name and explains them perfectly?

Yeah, sure.  None of my actions were even close to trollish, especially apologizing to you.  But hey, nothing is as satisfying as calling someone names when they don't agree with you, right?  It's certainly easier than actually engaging.

17 hours ago, Merrcenary said:

then we can keep PSF as exclusive login reward (as it currently is)🥴

I always thought people wanted excal prime to have all prime frames because they're better than regular frames the same way people want prime mods because they're a straight upgrade to non prime variants.

I suggested that exclusive cosmetics stay but everyone is on a fair playing field power-wise and you object to this? A genuinely scummy mentality. While I wish all those who want exal prime could get one people like you make me double guess my position.

And this is what's wrong with the WF forums.

With Excalibur Prime there are three parties involved, DE, people who paid, and the people who don't have Excalibur Prime.  DE promised to keep Excalibur Prime exclusive to people who actually paid for it in exchange for funding the game.  We very well may not have WF itself without people funding WF in the early stages.  The people who paid actual money for.a free game were promised exclusivity.  That leaves the people who either didn't pay or started playing a game that was funded by others.

Your suggestion is along the exact same bargain as PSF above.  I want this so I'll create a "bargain" that seems fair to me because it gets me what I want, ignores other's concerns, and as a bonus I get to pass judgement on anyone who disagrees with me.

On 3/3/2023 at 8:15 AM, Lilybun said:

Wouldn't mind it honestly. Give him a new updated look to go with his grand re-release and leave the old dated look as a founder exclusive alt skin to keep everyone happy.

Is that a fair trade?  Nope.  Because it would break DE's promise and convert something a founder paid real money for from actual items into cosmetics.  Not even close to fair.

So how did you react when someone disagreed with your obviously slanted proposal?

8 hours ago, Lilybun said:

I suggested that exclusive cosmetics stay but everyone is on a fair playing field power-wise and you object to this? A genuinely scummy mentality.

Classy.

I'm not a founder so I don't deserve the founder's items.  I've proposed DE go even further in supporting the founders.  I think DE should regularly bump the founder's prime items properties and bonuses to keep the items relatively viable.

11 hours ago, Lilybun said:

I always thought people wanted excal prime to have all prime frames

no, people want him just to have him or they never got a chance to get him

2 hours ago, Troll_Logic said:

With Excalibur Prime there are three parties involved, DE, people who paid, and the people who don't have Excalibur Prime.  DE promised to keep Excalibur Prime exclusive to people who actually paid for it in exchange for funding the game. 

my issue with this is that the founder packs were never offered on console releases sadly, so he remains locked to pc founders only

Archived