Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Maybe I don't use it enough but

11 hours ago, 0_The_F00l said:

I am not sure why you would leave if you are there to level the frame.

But i understand why you would leave if the mechs are just dominating everything with nothing for you to do.

Do you check if it's a void rig or a bonewidow before you do leave though ?

The star chart can be trivialise by many many other frames with a lot less investment.

As i said , don't feel too strongly about it , but feel it could have been handled in a more ... Tasteful manner.

I rarely use the 4th ability of the void rig as i don't like the loss of mobility , and steel path enemies can wreck the mech pretty quickly.

I should test out the bonewidow to see its effectiveness too 

Bonewidow is an absolute inmortal beast, fun to play.

Mixing her 4 + her 2 will give you unprecedented mech mobility and you'll be also destroying everything that dares to cross into your path.

Her 1 steals heals and her 2 will make you invulnerable for a few seconds similar to iron skin/snow globe/merulina/etc, then it will cover only frontal damage (still useful). Necramech rage + her 1 means infinite energy, which also means you don't need to depend on certain setups or schools. It also works while you are on Ironbride.

Her 3 is kinda weak CC but still useful to take advantage of her Ironbride projectile which has lots of punch through

When I want to powertrip, Bonewidow is my choice. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, vanaukas said:

Mixing her 4 + her 2 will give you unprecedented mech mobility and you'll be also destroying everything that dares to cross into your path.

Her 1 steals heals and her 2 will make you invulnerable for a few seconds similar to iron skin/snow globe/merulina/etc, then it will cover only frontal damage (still useful). Necramech rage + her 1 means infinite energy, which also means you don't need to depend on certain setups or schools. It also works while you are on Ironbride.

Her 3 is kinda weak CC but still useful to take advantage of her Ironbride projectile which has lots of punch through

Preaching to choir mate , 

I wanted to check it on the Steel Path circulum node for her iron bride.

13 hours ago, 0_The_F00l said:

And while a well built well invested void rig necramech (which is one of two mechs) that needs a few hoops to jump through to get can potentially trivialise it with the right combination of abilities and mods.

Actually, even an underbuilt Voidrig trivializes a lot of content. An unmodded Voidrig using its 4 still deals tremendous damage with pretty high speed and massive AoE, on top of being immune to stuff like self stagger without even taking the cloak thingy into account. With light modding, your Voidrig will start to outperform your warframes in almost everything, and a high-end modded Necramech will outright trivialize everything it comes into contact with. Only thing the Voidrig would be incapable of is stealth and attacking enemies exclusively vulnerable to Void-type damage like Thrax's ephemeral form.

Not to mention pin-point accuracy with its 4, on top of theoretically infinite ammo so long as you have the energy to maintain its 4, since the shots themselves don't cost energy, only the form.

Edited by Flannoit

36 minutes ago, vanaukas said:

doh, lmao my bad.

Not my brigthest day it seems, I should restraint myself from use the forums today.

No worries mate , you are trying to help , you shouldn't feel bad about that.

31 minutes ago, Flannoit said:

Actually, even an underbuilt Voidrig trivializes a lot of content. An unmodded Voidrig using its 4 still deals tremendous damage with pretty high speed and massive AoE, on top of being immune to stuff like self stagger without even taking the cloak thingy into account. With light modding, your Voidrig will start to outperform your warframes in almost everything, and a high-end modded Necramech will outright trivialize everything it comes into contact with. Only thing the Voidrig would be incapable of is stealth and attacking enemies exclusively vulnerable to Void-type damage like Thrax's ephemeral form.

Not to mention pin-point accuracy with its 4, on top of theoretically infinite ammo so long as you have the energy to maintain its 4, since the shots themselves don't cost energy, only the form.

Really depends on your content level , 

My discussion has been mostly on the latest mission of ciculum (in steel path) , 

Investment is more than forma count ,it also depends on access to archgun mods and means to sustain the aquebex which is its own thing.

Doing a lot of damage is great but if you lack the survivability then you can't do much ,

I have been playing with mechs before rage and repair were introduced to the game. And the voidrig is very squishy even with its shroud as it has a relatively low shroud health.

The major investment is on making aquebex sustainable and allowing enough energy regen to cast the shroud at will.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, (XBOX)AgentMaryland93 said:

What was the point of hard nerfing the Void Rigs? How was it so strong that it was necessary to give it a pitiful time limit of 2 minutes before it crashes and then you have to wait 10 minutes before you can call it again? 

Is it just Voidrig? or is Bonewidow on the same time limit?

15 minutes ago, TARINunit9 said:

Is it just Voidrig? or is Bonewidow on the same time limit?

All Necramechs (just Vodrig and Bonewidow rn) are hard-capped to 2 min duration in Lua Conjunction Survival only, completely unchanged in all other instances (Railjack, open world).

18 hours ago, (XBOX)RelsWhisper said:

Semantics. You can still replenlish energy with Zenurik when the skill isn't active. It would essentially replace the Bramma/Zarr/Wukong problem. 

It's not semantics though, Mechs have trouble managing energy and dealing with high burst damage during longer usage. Not sure why you bring up Wukong.

18 hours ago, (XBOX)RelsWhisper said:

Did you not read this comment from earlier? Are you honestly telling me that this wouldn't be used in the normal star-chart? Do I need to bring up the stat usage of Wukong? It's not like AoE, Wukong and the ammo economy received changes recently right? Adding Voidrig to the entire star-chart completely undermines the reasons why they even happened in the first place. 

Yes I did read it and having fairly extensive Mech experience I dismissed it out of hand. Seemingly unlike you I do not need to form my opinions about this subject around a post from a random internet person, having instead farmed OV extensively as well as recently completing over 100 SP bounties without using a Mech much at all.

Again not sure why you you think Mechs are the next Wukong, even the supposed AFK Wukong functioned much differently.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, (PSN)robotwars7 said:

a fully built rank 40 voidrig (5 formas in it) is literally an unstoppable killing machine, with superior raw damage output over any warframe and basically immortality. to give you an idea, I'll explain how this is achievable:

- the main things are the Necramech Rage and Repair mods: by having both on, and remembering to use Strom Shroud, enemies first have to get through a barrier, then your shields, and then through your health. except what they don't realize is that nearly every time the mech takes health damage it gains energy, even whilst in guard mode, so the more they hit it, the longer I get to spend in Guard Mode, with it's incredibly powerful Arquebex cannons that have large AoE, unlimited ammo and are the strongest weapons in the game dealing millions of damage (they can also crit). 

- if by some miracle they get the mech down to about 1300 health, Necramech Repair kicks in and regens health back to around 2500 in the space of a few seconds: this has a cooldown of course, but right after repair triggers, I cast Storm Shroud... unless I were to fight insanely high level enemies, there is no way on god's earth they will get through a Storm Shroud, all my shields and most of my health before that cooldown ends; at which point the cycle repeats.

In theory maybe, when faced with high burst damage what will happen is your 2 will break, you deactivate your 4 and hit 2 and than reactivate 4, by the time the animation is finished your 2 is broken again, you have energy to sustain this death spiral for a bit using Rage however Repair is too slow to deal with the chip damage you'll take and the Mech dies as you uselessly cycle between trying to keep Shroud up and deal damage.

The only thing that allowed Mechs to last near endlessly was the use of Combat Discipline during OV, which DE promptly removed once consoles ran the event.

9 hours ago, vanaukas said:

Aye Bonewidow is fun.

• Like 1

Having read all of the replies and seen both sides of the coin I can say that on Normal Nodes I can fully accept a time limit, maybe not so small as it is now, but a timer isn't so bad if it's balanced...better. However I think there needs to be more consideration put into this if they plan to extend the reach of where you get that timer. If it's regular missions only, then it's perfectly fine. But if they move it to the open world segments and Railjack areas then they've pretty much decided they don't really want them used (but it's not uncommon for DE to basically soft delete things they don't want people using.)

Like I said, I don't use the Necromechs that much (obviously since I called them Void Rigs lol), I've seen how strong an OP perfect build Necromech can be, but aside from people who have built them for SP stuff, not everyone is going to have an OP NM. I use them only when leveling them or leveling an Archgun...or blowing up Eidolons with the 'Bex. 

• 9 months later...
On 2022-12-04 at 2:08 AM, Traumtulpe said:

You are simply wrong.

From the top of my head, my Necramech has about 4500 health - guess what, Inaros can get like 12k, and he cannot be used in high level stuff because he dies in one hit.

And the Arquebex might have the highest raw stats, but it uses Archgun mods (which suck, hard), and Voidrig has no way of bypassing armor. If you used a Voidrig, and I used Saryn, I'd deal more than twice the damage you do, guaranteed (probably more like 10x the damage).

And have you ever played Mesa? You bullet jump and activate her 4 mid flight, kill everything in sight while you fly, then deactive it again. There is no contest between Mesa and a Necramech.

If your "Endurance" gatewalking with a necramech your either managing to make it work or your just using Necramechs wrong

Because Arquebex. If you ask me, it is one of the biggest mistake DE made in the recent history of Warframe.

50% critical chance, 3x crit damage multiplier, 12000 raw damage without any modifier and elemental bonus. These three numbers alone make it even more powerful than the most broken incarnon weapon, and people thought incarnon was OP. Not to mention it is AoE, unlimited ammo, high fire rate, etc etc.

Arquebex is the reason why Lich/Sister "suddenly" has damage attenuation. Arquebex is the reason why necramech cannot be used in regular starchart. Arquebex is the reason why necramech is limited to 2 minutes in conjunction survival. Because it just steamrolls every game modes and mechanics the game has to offer - you press 4 and left click once or twice, everything in front of you are reduced to sub-atomic particles. 

It is already too late. The mech was built. You either 1. hard nerf Arquebex and turn it back into an ordinary archgun, and let people use Necramech; 2. nerf Arquebex at your convenience - damage reduced to 1/10 when facing Lich, for example; 3. restrict Necramech to railjack and open world only. 

No one likes option 1 and 2 because no one likes nerf. So here we are.

• Like 1

this shows how little use mechs actually have, they got nerfed in 2022 (thread date) and I only just noticed.

just another nail in the coffin to mechs that were never even used in the first place, my friend quit over the mech grind requirement to continue the story

de fix your game please, make mechs free to craft or remove the time limit or both.

I dont get why the game is not balanced, yet they still go around cherry picking random things to "fix" it really rubs me the wrong way when I got nuke a map with a warframe but a mech having to survive based on it's health pool that can't be healed by most means is somehow 'overpowered'

Edited by _Anise_